GAME OF THRONES v8: Shae is a dumb whore get over it edition (Book Discussion=Dubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her end game is shockingly similar to LFs. Use existing nobles to get money, status, power. She thought she could wife down Tyrion, that failed, so she is currying favour with others now by lying in his trial.

Methinks ur just sexist bra

Methinks you are naive bruh. She had it made...Tyrion bought her a house with servants in Essos. But she decided to do something stupid. Zero chance she parlays this betrayal into anything but an prison sentence from upright Tywin and sadistic Cersi. They will crush her.

Anyone else feel like Bran's story is supposed to be really important but just not care because we don't see enough of it/it hasn't been well explained?

I don't think this is necessarily true. Lannisters pay their debts. She probably was paid handsomely for this...maybe with a marriage to a lesser knight or something. Betraying her and pwning her would really go against the whole Lannister mantra.

So your defense of Shae is just to make up things you hope will happen in the show without any basis for thinking it will happen??

And The Lannisters used to pay their debts but the Iron Bank isn't banking on that motto anymore.

Anyone else feel like Bran's story is supposed to be really important but just not care because we don't see enough of it/it hasn't been well explained?

I didn't care about Bran until the birth of Brandor. Now I'm excited about his scenes.

Lol Tyrion was giving her a fortune and a house to leave and be safe.

you think Tywin will give her anything?

Her best case scenario is working at one of Little Finger's brothels after this trial.

I think she was definitely offered some handsome reward. Lannisters are all about buying loyalty from toadies with riches and upward mobility. Think all the knighthoods post Blackwater, or Janos Slynt getting lordship of Harrenhal for betreaying Ned Stark. There is much more evidence in the series for this than there is for her getting randomly betrayed by Tywin.

The Lannister mantra is to stay in power and make sure their name lasts... Remember Tywin's convo with Jaime while he was butchering the deer in season 1?

I think she was definitely offered some handsome reward. Lannisters are all about buying loyalty from toadies with riches and upward mobility. Think all the knighthoods post Blackwater, or Janos Slynt getting lordship of Harrenhal for betreaying Ned Stark. There is much more evidence in the series for this than there is for her getting randomly betrayed by Tywin.

We have also seen Tywin follow through on promises and threatened to "kill the next whore I find in your bed". Tywin strikes me as the type that would go "we can attract more flies with honey, but just kill the flies after their usefulness is gone"

Those characters weren't hookers with absolutely no power or leverage.

So your defense of Shae is just to make up things you hope will happen in the show without any basis for thinking it will happen??

And The Lannisters used to pay their debts but the Iron Bank isn't banking on that motto anymore.

We are both speculating, but I have more evidence. Even if the Lannisters are broke, a marriage to a knight would be free and still raise her higher in society than a house in Essos would.

I don't think this is necessarily true. Lannisters pay their debts. She probably was paid handsomely for this...maybe with a marriage to a lesser knight or something. Betraying her and pwning her would really go against the whole Lannister mantra.

Naivety for days.... they pay their debts to people who matter so in the future other people who matter will trust them. Its like having good credit, in modern terms. They benefit in no way from paying a friendless, family-less whore. Besides she might start talking down the road. Just like LF killed Set Dontos to ensure his silence, you better believe the Lannisters will do the same to Shae. Of course Shae doesn't think this way. She acts like no one will hurt her and she can over power anyone who tries. Its the same entitled mindset she's had the whole time and its about to get her killed.

Here is an illustration of two swallows carrying a coconut. Notice one can not carry it but two working in tandem can carry a coconut.

935b5c44-8a2c-4700-8405-7845dc762207.png

But are the swallows African or European?

I'll be surprised if Shae doesn't get killed by Cersei before Tyrion's execution (if he is guilty)

Those characters weren't hookers with absolutely no power or leverage.

Janos Slynt was a lowborn King's Landing scumbag. He was commander of the goldcloaks, but Tyrion proved how easy it was to get rid of him, so there isn't much difference really. The only reason Lannisters can bribe people is they have the reputation for coming through with the promise and not just killing you.

We are both speculating, but I have more evidence. Even if the Lannisters are broke, a marriage to a knight would be free and still raise her higher in society than a house in Essos would.

What if that hedge knight is someone like... Ramsay? The Mountain? Meryn Trant.....

It'll raiser her higher than "whore" in Westeros but from what I remember it sounded like she would practically have been royalty in Essos.

Sorry, but given how fucked up things in Westeros can get I choose to go to one of the Free Cities.

Stop being absurd. Why would the Lannisters ever do anything for Shae? She offers literallt nothing except the chance she might talk. Betraying her would not be "random" it would be smart. She's dead bro.

Shae's all about that cheddar. Tyrion's the stupid one.

I find it hilarious that, when a guy falls in love with a hooker, and she ultimately fucks him over, you think the hooker is the stupid one.

Janos Slynt was a lowborn King's Landing scumbag. He was commander of the goldcloaks, but Tyrion proved how easy it was to get rid of him, so there isn't much difference really. The only reason Lannisters can bribe people is they have the reputation for coming through with the promise and not just killing you.

michael-sam-yawn05102014.gif

I find it hilarious that, when a guy falls in love with a hooker, and she ultimately fucks him over, you think the hooker is the stupid one.

Well, she's about to get killed when she could have had a house

I hope next episode Shae and Bronn hook up just to really set the jimmy's ablaze.

The whore in this case is the dumb one cause the guy who fell in love with her was telling her to leave a couple times last season and almost every time they were in the same room together this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back