GAME OF THRONES v13: The Pillar and The Stones Edition (NO SPOILERS, NO Book Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought his leadership qualities were apparent during the battle of Blackwater. He showed he was battle-hardened by not reacting to the wildfire explosion, and not wavering. He was not fucking around. He lead by example by being first off the ship, first on the shore, first on the battlements, etc. and not just a guy giving orders and expecting men to follow him because of his title, he was someone worth following. Had it not been for the Tywin cheat code, he would have taken the city. At least that is how I view him. I think he would be a better ruler than Robert was.

That wouldn't really be a feat. Whoring, drinking, eating and watching jousting tournaments is basically what Robert's rule as king consisted of.

Khal's best scene for me was the last scene, in the episode that likewise had my favorite Daenerys scene(the heart-eating ritual), when he gave Viserys his golden crown.

I also liked when he was ranting about giving westeros to Dany and his unborn son as a gift and raping everyone in front of her would-be assassin. Intense.

I thought his leadership qualities were apparent during the battle of Blackwater. He showed he was battle-hardened by not reacting to the wildfire explosion, and not wavering. He was not fucking around. He lead by example by being first off the ship, first on the shore, first on the battlements, etc. and not just a guy giving orders and expecting men to follow him because of his title, he was someone worth following. Had it not been for the Tywin cheat code, he would have taken the city. At least that is how I view him. I think he would be a better ruler than Robert was.

exactly what i think as well. also with the punishment/rewarding of Davos, it shows Stannis doesnt tolerate BS even from those he loves, he would rule with an no nonsense intensity that would flat out get shit done but he also has a sense of fairness and honor to him.

You get a sense from him that he knows some of the stuff he is doing like sacrificing ppl is wrong but he feels bound by honor to do whatever needs to be done to protect the realm, his family name and his Kingdom.

If he is going North then obviously he will factor in huge in the storyline. With the Boltons/Wildlings/White Walkers all making plays in the North it seems Stannis may be the only hope. If he can do big things there perhaps he can get Jon Snow/Sansa/Arya on his side, put the Starks back into power and rally the North behind the Baratheon name like they did in the past.

To me, he is the real hope for justice in the whole story line. He has a no nonsense way about him that you know he will either get his goal or die trying. I like that. A King willing to die beside his men. Just like his brother. Only not a party animal, he will take care of business til the day he dies.

Wow, I thought the RW would have made the show lose viewers tbh.

That wouldn't really be a feat. Whoring, drinking, eating and watching jousting tournaments is basically what Robert's rule as king consisted of.

For sure. lol

Stannis is Robert without the likeable personality and the vices that come along with it.

I don't really care about any of that though, that's all battle bravery. Good and evil men have that. Ditching the throne to fight the whitewalkers shows he actually gives a shit about the realm.

lol I think Stannis would be an absolutely shitty king. He is clearly an excellent General, can lead soldiers, rally men, meter out discipline, etc.

The guy, like both of his brothers, is not fit to rule a kingdom though.

exactly what i think as well. also with the punishment/rewarding of Davos, it shows Stannis doesnt tolerate BS even from those he loves, he would rule with an no nonsense intensity that would flat out get shit done but he also has a sense of fairness and honor to him.

You get a sense from him that he knows some of the stuff he is doing like sacrificing ppl is wrong but he feels bound by honor to do whatever needs to be done to protect the realm, his family name and his Kingdom.

If he is going North then obviously he will factor in huge in the storyline. With the Boltons/Wildlings/White Walkers all making plays in the North it seems Stannis may be the only hope. If he can do big things there perhaps he can get Jon Snow/Sansa/Arya on his side, put the Starks back into power and rally the North behind the Baratheon name like they did in the past.

To me, he is the real hope for justice in the whole story line. He has a no nonsense way about him that you know he will either get his goal or die trying. I like that. A King willing to die beside his men. Just like his brother. Only not a party animal, he will take care of business til the day he dies.

Well said. I am very interested to see where the story takes him.

I don't really care about any of that though, that's all battle bravery. Good and evil men have that. Ditching the throne to fight the whitewalkers shows he actually gives a shit about the realm.

Yeah, I agree. I was just expanding on it a bit, since the other poster was saying he didn't understand why people like him or find him interesting.

Yeah, I agree. I was just expanding on it a bit, since the other poster was saying he didn't understand why people like him or find him interesting.

He's a badass in battle for sure.

The Jason Statham of GoT

Oh nice, thanks for getting me even more excited for the next episode :icon_chee

My favorite scene was Khal Drogo ripping apart that other guy's tongue along with his badass speech. I literally jumped out of my seat with excitement lol. I also loved Tyrion's speech at the end of his trial, it was very powerful and emotional.

Yeah, especially the "I should've let Stannis kill you all". Very powerful words, and the delivery is incredible.

Picking a favorite scene is hard, so many great ones. The scenes with jaqen h'ghar and Syrio Forel are all great and among my favorites though.

He's a badass in battle for sure.

The Jason Statham of GoT

Mufugga was literally down to fight to the last man at Blackwater, but his men fled.

I think Stannis could've pulled it off, if they'd rallied, even with Tywin's reinforcements.

Dude has grit that you can't just buy.

lol I think Stannis would be an absolutely shitty king. He is clearly an excellent General, can lead soldiers, rally men, meter out discipline, etc.

The guy, like both of his brothers, is not fit to rule a kingdom though.

Why?

Stannis has shown a greater sense of duty and justice than Robert ever did, and would have an evenhanded, restrained hand in Ser Davos, and has shown that he actually respects the realm.

The only knock is the one that Renly had about him "He inspires no love" or "has the personality of a lobster". (LOL)

Mufugga was literally down to fight to the last man at Blackwater, but his men fled.

I think Stannis could've pulled it off, if they'd rallied, even with Tywin's reinforcements.

Dude has grit that you can't just buy.

Truly a bad ass moment when he was being dragged away screaming.

For sure. lol

Stannis is Robert without the likeable personality and the vices that come along with it.

Stannis personality matches imo quite accurately with the description of William the Conquerer in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle, lol:

"So also was he a very stern and wrathful man, so that none durst do anything against his will..."

Just look at this climb:

34e7c36a4e2610e4bde1184da6a79bb7.png

Unfortunately the legend is not an image.

Season 1 is red, season 2 is green, season 3 is blue, and season 4 is purple.

S1, E1 had a rating of 2.22, S1E10 had 3.04

S4E1 had a rating of 6.64, S4E8 had a rating of 7.17.

I hope this means they will get the budget they want.

Wow, didn't know the ratings had skyrocketed like that. Good info.

Why?

Stannis has shown a greater sense of duty and justice than Robert ever did, and would have an evenhanded, restrained hand in Ser Davos, and has shown that he actually respects the realm.

The only knock is the one that Renly had about him "He inspires no love" or "has the personality of a lobster". (LOL)

Generals/soldiers don't make good kings, as a rule of thumb. They have no understanding of civilian life, or politics, or peace-keeping. They are men of war.

Stannis seemingly was/is the most honorable of his brothers, played his role when Robert was king, didn't argue with it. His claim to the throne, as legit as anybody's currently, seems to only be of interest to him now, simply because it is his right. I don't think he has the capacity in him for real mercy, or subtlety...just soldiering.

I dig the character though.

I would love to see Stannis tangle with the Boltons, that would be an awesome development.

Burns people alive for not following his religion? Shitty, disloyal husband? Easily manipulated by wit-chay women? Naive at politics? Not likable? Flip-flopper? Excessively mopey? Name is unfortunately ripe for 'Cannis' taunts? Receding hairline? Has fucked up sperm that creates murderous shadowbabies?

I would love to see Stannis tangle with the Boltons, that would be an awesome development.

damn right it would be!! and you just know Stannis wont tolerate some sadistic, flaying, lying, stealing douchebags like the Boltons trying to claim Warden of the North. Only the true King can give you that title and the Bartheons have strong ties to the Starks. Aslong as the Starks know whats best for them and bend the knee.

Trying to claim King Of The North was a big mistake by Robb. He should have joined Stannis to begin with and his family might still be alive. His forces + Stannis' would have crushed Kings landing.

Stannis cant seem to catch a break from anybody. His younger brother tries to rob him of his birth right. His brothers best friends son tries to claim the North for his own...... all these ppl should have been loyal to Stannis to begin with. Now where are they??

Not having a great personality doesnt mean you cant be a great king. Stannis has the qualities of a better King/Queen than any of the current contenders IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back