GAME OF THRONES v13: The Pillar and The Stones Edition (NO SPOILERS, NO Book Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been waiting for an epic war but I am losing hope. The war with Stannis attacking the King's landing was pretty awesome so hopefully we'll get to see something close to that soon. The preview for next week showed some potential with the Wildling's and the Nights watch.

lol...We'll probably just get like 45 minutes of politics and 5 minutes of fighting, as per usual.

lol...We'll probably just get like 45 minutes of politics and 5 minutes of fighting, as per usual.

Yeah probably, the Stannis war scene was pretty long though as far as I remember. That was my favorite episode out of all the seasons.

I have been waiting for an epic war but I am losing hope. The war with Stannis attacking the King's landing was pretty awesome so hopefully we'll get to see something close to that soon. The preview for next week showed some potential with the Wildling's and the Nights watch.

I think some of the later seasons will be almost all war. It seems to me that the story will inevitably lead to all of the people joining together to fight the white walkers.

I think some of the later seasons will be almost all war. It seems to me that the story will inevitably lead to all of the people joining together to fight the white walkers.

I doubt it man, building proper war scenes is probably too expensive so having a lot of those would require a huge increase in budget.

Yeah probably, the Stannis war scene was pretty long though as far as I remember. That was my favorite episode out of all the seasons.

I don't really have a favorite episode, but my favorite scene, bar none, is when Jaime is telling Brianne of the sacking of King's Landing in the bathtub.

The way Nikolaj Coster-Waldau delivers the lines "He judged me guilty the moment he set eyes on me. By what right does the wolf judge the lion." ?

Hands down the best acting done in the show by anyone, imo.

Not a spoiler, but some people don't like watching or hearing about the episode previews

Niel Marshall, the director of the Blackwater Bay episode directed episode 9. He had a much bigger budget this time and a lot more planning time.

I doubt it man, building proper war scenes is probably too expensive so having a lot of those would require a huge increase in budget.

Which I think they can justify with the tremendous ratings increase.

Kind of surprised to see so many people that like Stannis. They could replace Stannis with a paper plate with a frowning face on it and I probably wouldn't know the difference. Stannis is about that interesting.

I don't really have a favorite episode, but my favorite scene, bar none, is when Jaime is telling Brianne of the sacking of King's Landing in the bathtub.

The way Nikolaj Coster-Waldau delivers the lines "He judged me guilty the moment he set eyes on me. By what right does the wolf judge the lion." ?

I choose Catelyn's scene where she told Robb's wife that she thought all of the horrible things that have happened to her family were because she didn't keep her promise to the Gods to love Jon Snow.

#RightInTheFeels

Kind of surprised to see so many people that like Stannis. They could replace Stannis with a paper plate with a frowning face on it and I probably wouldn't know the difference. Stannis is about that interesting.

Stannis the character, from what I gather (never having read the books), is not supposed to be likable. Rather, he is the most immediate plot-device to move the story toward the battles we've been anticipating most.

+Bravosi army = Do want.

I think that is what I like about him. I like his serious, humorless nature. I like that he isn't all talk, and not afraid to get his hands dirty himself, and doesn't give a shit if you like him. He is like Robert without the things that made Robert popular.

I choose Catelyn's scene where she told Robb's wife that she thought all of the horrible things that have happened to her family were because she didn't keep her promise to the Gods to love Jon Snow.

#RightInTheFeels

Yeah that was a quality scene. Catelyn's best for sure.

Not a spoiler, but some people don't like watching or hearing about the episode previews

Niel Marshall, the director of the Blackwater Bay episode directed episode 9. He had a much bigger budget this time and a lot more planning time.

Oh nice, thanks for getting me even more excited for the next episode :icon_chee

My favorite scene was Khal Drogo ripping apart that other guy's tongue along with his badass speech. I literally jumped out of my seat with excitement lol. I also loved Tyrion's speech at the end of his trial, it was very powerful and emotional.

The Mountain actually pulled off the fight scene better than I thought he would. His acting had the right amount of intensity. I bought the ending when he was being an evil prick and killing Oberyn. The weapons-play went well too I thought. Good costuming, choreography, good set. Solid scene.

Stannis was an incredibly boring and 1-dimensional character to me, until his last scene of the last season. Now I am fascinated by him. When he was just another power-hungry throne-wanter, I was bored. The moment he learned that the whitewalkers were real/coming, believed it, suddenly turned on a dime, abandoned the whole game of thrones, & decided to head north to face them, I was impressed. That shows an actual great leadership quality, a glint of something. Throw in Braavos, and wowie wow. Very interested in his storyline now.

Stannis the character, from what I gather (never having read the books), is not supposed to be likable. Rather, he is the most immediate plot-device to move the story toward the battles we've been anticipating most.

+Bravosi army = Do want.

I get that, but I think it's more that he is just incredibly boring than not likable. Joffery was unlikable, but he was interesting and entertaining as hell.

With Stannis, the Battle at Blackwater Bay was entertaining, and there has been some entertaining things with Mellisandre, but that's about it. The thought of him becoming a bigger player, unless it's all battles and magic, does nothing for me. I think I'd rather hear Sam talk non-stop about Gilly before having Stannis have a bigger role in things.

Stannis was an incredibly boring and 1-dimensional character to me, until his last scene of the last season. Now I am fascinated by him. When he was just another power-hungry throne-wanter, I was bored. The moment he learned that the whitewalkers were real/coming, believed it, suddenly turned on a dime, abandoned the whole game of thrones, & decided to head north to face them, I was impressed. That shows an actual great leadership quality, a glint of something. Throw in Braavos, and wowie wow. Very interested in his storyline now.

I thought his leadership qualities were apparent during the battle of Blackwater. He showed he was battle-hardened by not reacting to the wildfire explosion, and not wavering. He was not fucking around. He lead by example by being first off the ship, first on the shore, first on the battlements, etc. and not just a guy giving orders and expecting men to follow him because of his title, he was someone worth following. Had it not been for the Tywin cheat code, he would have taken the city. At least that is how I view him. I think he would be a better ruler than Robert was.

Oh nice, thanks for getting me even more excited for the next episode :icon_chee

My favorite scene was Khal Drogo ripping apart that other guy's tongue along with his badass speech. I literally jumped out of my seat with excitement lol. I also loved Tyrion's speech at the end of his trial, it was very powerful and emotional.

Khal's best scene for me was the last scene, in the episode that likewise had my favorite Daenerys scene(the heart-eating ritual), when he gave Viserys his golden crown.

I would love it if it happens but I am very doubtful. I hope you are right.

Just look at this climb:

34e7c36a4e2610e4bde1184da6a79bb7.png

Unfortunately the legend is not an image.

Season 1 is red, season 2 is green, season 3 is blue, and season 4 is purple.

S1, E1 had a rating of 2.22, S1E10 had 3.04

S4E1 had a rating of 6.64, S4E8 had a rating of 7.17.

I hope this means they will get the budget they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back