GAME OF THRONES v12: RIP IN PEACE Edition (NO SPOILERS, NO Book Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Tyrion has almost no chance for survival is a good sign... it makes me believe that there is a 100% chance GRRM will make him live. Maybe King Tomen will pardon him just to troll Tywin, or Jamie will help him escape King's landing to troll his father. Tywin has had a streak of good luck, he is due for a good trolling.

Oberyn doesn't even lift:

baqr3us796h8vozit7rg.png

Just hanging out at the beach, crushing it.

That photo definitely put me in a better mood after last night's episode.

Viper and Mountain, friends 4 life.

Oberyn had great fighting skills, but has shit killer instinct and a glass jaw. Landing him into can category.

He had a spear driven into his chest, he was not playing possum, just biding his time for a last ditch effort attempt at killing Obes.

And Bronn never once lauded his intellect.

Mountain has never, ever, ever been known to be cunning or intelligent.

He's a brute with an affinity for violence. He's about that deep honestly.
I know we aren't supposed to mention the books, but this isn't even a spoiler, just a small detail that might add to the perception that this scene was realistic. Still I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case people are feeling especially sensitive.

They mention that the Mountain suffers from constant splitting headaches, and drinks milk of the poppy like water. When you are hopped up on insane amounts of opiates, you can conceivably ignore a spear in the belly.

Its a brutal show, yes.

But it would be a moronic move of epic proportions if they killed off the character that drives the show.

Its not the same context as a Ned Stark death or the Red Wedding.

Right now, I think Dani and Jon Snow are untouchable. I could see Snow dying eventually but never Dani. If they killed either of them off, I would be completely lost with where the story's direction is meant to go.

Oberyn had great fighting skills, but has shit killer instinct and a glass jaw. Landing him into can category.

The Red Viper is far from a can.

The fact that he had the Mountain on the ropes and practically beat says a lot about his skill given how rarely the Mountain is bested.

And at least he had the balls to fight, unlike your boy Bronn who wimped out because of a woman.

Bro's before ho's.

Poor fight IQ, but he was no can. He just wanted to put on a good show for the fans who paid to see the Trial by combat, and got bested for being too c0cky the same way Silva did vs Wiedman.

The whole season they were saying Oberyn was a master of poison, and toxins. Even calling him "The Viper".. I'm amazed he didn't use any type of poison in his fight... Still now, that blows my mind.. Darts or throwing star type things dipped in poison? Dip his spear in poison? Something?

I believe his weapons did have poison on them. Before the fight you can see Oberyn squire wiping the spear heads down. I don't think he was just cleaning them before a battle, he was putting poison on them. Subtle, but it is there.

The Mountain lifting Oberyn over him with one arm while laying on his back clearly broke some laws of physics......

-trip was Charlie-Brownesque
-Mountain talks clearly like he wasn't fucking stabbed clean through his torso
-moves faster to secure the mount than any other point in the battle despite being injured

Liked the death, but the scene was pretty poor

Right now, I think Dani and Jon Snow are untouchable. I could see Snow dying eventually but never Dani. If they killed either of them off, I would be completely lost with where the story's direction is meant to go.

Dany and Tyrion are the only characters I view as untouchable, and possibly Jaime too.

Dany is just such a pivotal character that despite Clarke's shortcomings as an actress, she still gets massive amounts of screen time and juicy story arcs.

Jon is far from untouchable in my opinion. His story arc does a great job in explaining all the horrifying things beyond the wall as well as keeping the viewer satisfied with action but he doesn't really seemed like he's destined for much, and Kit Harrington is nowhere near as compelling as Dinklage as an actor. I could even see Jon dying this season. He's a fun character, but not the driving force that Tyrion is.

He's royal blood, funny as hell, commands the viewers attention, and has arguably had some of the best scenes in the entire season. Not to mention if he's killed then the Lannister's become a much more dull group of people.

The Red Viper is far from a can.

The fact that he had the Mountain on the ropes and practically beat says a lot about his skill given how rarely the Mountain is bested.

And at least he had the balls to fight, unlike your boy Bronn who wimped out because of a woman.

Bro's before ho's.

Poor fight IQ, but he was no can. He just wanted to put on a good show for the fans who paid to see the Trial by combat, and got bested for being too c0cky the same way Silva did vs Wiedman.

Everyone on the show is a can in these threads except 2 or 3 characters. :icon_chee
Basically if you die or lose a fight you're can, I don't make the rules.

Jon is far from untouchable in my opinion. His story arc does a great job in explaining all the horrifying things beyond the wall as well as keeping the viewer satisfied with action but he doesn't really seemed like he's destined for much, and Kit Harrington is nowhere near as compelling as Dinklage as an actor. I could even see Jon dying this season. He's a fun character, but not the driving force that Tyrion is.

I could see this. Despite starting with the Starks, this show seems to be mostly about how these cool good guys with wolf pets all died and lost everything.

As Roose said, the North is his. And ride to Winterfell like the Starks never were.

People are mad cause they think he came back to life when the show didn't portray that at all. He was on the ground in pain and Oberyn kept asking him to confess. Then he took Oberyn down and killed him. We don't even know if he died right after that even.

People on this site think the idea of using 'playing possum' in a fight is some made up shit that no one would ever do and so they react to the idea.

Even a critically wounded person might play possum to try and get his opponent to lower his guard in the hopes of getting in one last critical blow before they themselves die.

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming

I miss the part where it says posting a spoiler is bannable?

Some massive SPOILERS ITT

edit: Mods took care of it GJ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back