GAME OF THRONES v11: Oberyn vs Gregor Edition (NO SPOILERS, NO Book Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl is a bitch. The old bear destroys him in a fair rematch.

Karl is legit. He called out Craster when no one would, then Mormont told him to go outside. Karl's reply to his Lord Commander: it's cold outside. Mormont stood down and turned to Rast. Karl calls out Craster again.

Any knight. Any time.

Fuck, he reminds me of puss n boots.

Harrenhal was the best part of the 2nd season and possibly the all show thus far, IMO. So obviously I went with Jaqen H'ghar.

I couldn't stop laughing when this aired. The Blackfish didn't leave to take a piss. He got his ass out of dodge before his hand was forced to marry one of them.

Black Fish got out of Dodge cause he was sick and tired at being at such a shitty wedding. Blackfish wanted to go party outside with the real badasses.

Karl is legit. He called out Craster when no one would, then Mormont told him to go outside. Karl's reply to his Lord Commander: it's cold outside. Mormont stood down and turned to Rast. Karl calls out Craster again.

Calling out a fat old man while you have a whole bunch of heavily armed friends behind you. Pretty badass

Calling out a fat old man while you have a whole bunch of heavily armed friends behind you. Pretty badass

Feel free to come up with a rebuttal for the rest of the post.

Feel free to come up with a rebuttal for the rest of the post.

"Any knight. Any time."?

Why does one need a rebuttal to Karl Canner talking shit about knights while no knights are around? Canner would wet his pants if he had to fight one.

How does that sword taste, Karl?
500px-Karl%27s_death.png

Meh.

Would have been cool if he had stayed down after Hound gutted him.

Its a toss up between Karl, Blackfish, and Jaqen.

I'd go with Jaqen though. Charisma out the ass.

The only ones who compare to the Lightning Lord is Blackfish and Thoros. The rest are irrelevant cans.

Thoros and Beric are basically a double act anyway with whom presence looms over the early books the same way Gregor and his pack do and the way the Blackfish does in the later books. The series doesn't capture this. Underrated badass imo.
Can I dwell on what I scarce remember? I held a castle on the Marches once, and there was a woman I was pledged to marry, but I could not find that castle today, nor tell you the color of that woman's hair. Who knighted me, old friend? What were my favorite foods? It all fades. Sometimes I think I was born on the bloody grass in that grove of ash, with the taste of fire in my mouth and a hole in my chest. Are you my mother, Thoros?

Last edited:
LOL at Snow doing an overhead downward thrust for no reason.

"Any knight. Any time."?

How does that sword taste, Karl?
500px-Karl%27s_death.png

The part where he stood up to Mormont and Mormont backed down. Holy shit dude, comprehend.

That Valyrian steel was pretty useless up until that point, as was its trained wielder.

The part where he stood up to Mormont and Mormont backed down. Holy shit dude, comprehend.

Oh, the part of the post where you misrepresented the scene.

Mormont didn't back down. He told them all to wait outside. Karl whined about it being cold out there and that his wittle tum tum was hungry. So, Mormont yelled at them to go outside. Then Rast started up with Craster and Mormont grabbed him and took him outside.

Once Mormont was gone, Karl began talking again.

That Valyrian steel was pretty useless up until that point, as was its trained wielder.

Did a pretty good job of killing. Also helped Jon Snow, who wasn't really any more trained than Karl and has a couple decades less experience, to hold his own in a fight until Karl resorted to cowardly spitting.

So much bitterness for Canner's pathetic defeat
Lifetime record: 1-1 with a poor strength of schedule

Jaqen/Syrio would school any of these cans any day of the week and the Mountain twice on Sunday

but I have to give honorable mentions to the Blackfish for being cool and the Tri-Pod for being the real sword master of the seven kingdoms.

It sounded like chalk screeching on a black board when he pulled it out. Gruesome scene. Loved it. I'm going to ignore the down ward thrust, lol. Good catch Rob.

Oh, the part of the post where you misrepresented the scene.

Nope.

Mormont didn't back down. He told them all to wait outside.

Nope. He told Karl.

Karl whined about it being cold out there and that his wittle tum tum was hungry.

I guess you'd starve to death like a c*nt

So, Mormont yelled at them to go outside.

Nope. He told Karl.

Then Rast started up with Craster and Mormont grabbed him and took him outside.

Yet he wouldn't touch Karl, after he told him twice to go outside.

Once Mormont was gone, Karl began talking again.

And once Mormont was back, what'd he do?

So much bitterness for Canner's pathetic defeat

Funny, I'd say the same about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back