Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly seems more and more like you are right. It pisses me off but I get their point. They can generate interest and bank on a huge audience anyway without one. I just wanted something brief to amp me up. This House of Black and White stuff really isn't scratching that itch for me. Faces on the wall- everything sucks, all men must die, got it. Just want a little new material.
I don't like it but I see why it's possible, and I think the Jon Snow revival is one of the biggest reasons why they might not reveal a trailer.
You're such a creepy person. For one i'm not a kid, and she's also rather widely disliked, I'm hardly the only person that dislikes her.
Yeah, up until Mid Season 3 she was solid and generally liked. It all went downhill after that. Been wanting her to die starting with Season 4.
007-1024x665.jpg

2 more months until we see Sansa flayed like the traitorous whore she is!

#WarBoltons
#TrueKingsoftheNorth
#RamsayBless
#1 p4p character in Westeros, with zero losses on his resume, imo.

You're such a creepy person. For one i'm not a kid, and she's also rather widely disliked, I'm hardly the only person that dislikes her.

i've said it before and I'll say it again, for anyone who appreciates the occasional pro-wrestling reference- Dany to me is like John Cena. She's this big face of the show type that is pushed as the superstar but the fan reaction is decidedly mixed. Just like you have a bunch of adults chanting Cena sucks right after kids yell Let's Go Cena, you have a lot of people who think Dany is awesome and then a ton of them who think she is one of the more obnoxious people in the story and want her to fail.
007-1024x665.jpg

2 more months until we see Sansa flayed like the traitorous whore she is!

#WarBoltons
#TrueKingsoftheNorth
#RamsayBless

Hoping for p4p GOAT fight between Snow and Ramsay to be honest.

soon-to-be-resurrected-Snow is probably number 3 in the rankings behind Ramsay and Brienne after his loss to Ollie and Thorne but I expect him to avenge those losses GSP-style and then go on a path of domination leading right to the other Bastard of the North.

There can be only one type of Highlander shit.

Snow and Tormund vs. Ramsay and Roose

book it.

"Winterfell is mine. Come and see...."

What would be hilarious is if at the start of the season Ramsay is more consumed with the notion of getting Reek back than getting his wife back.

Last edited:
i've said it before and I'll say it again, for anyone who appreciates the occasional pro-wrestling reference- Dany to me is like John Cena. She's this big face of the show type that is pushed as the superstar but the fan reaction is decidedly mixed. Just like you have a bunch of adults chanting Cena sucks right after kids yell Let's Go Cena, you have a lot of people who think Dany is awesome and then a ton of them who think she is one of the more obnoxious people in the story and want her to fail.

Hoping for p4p GOAT fight between Snow and Ramsay to be honest.

soon-to-be-resurrected-Snow is probably number 3 in the rankings behind Ramsay and Brienne after his loss to Ollie and Thorne but I expect him to avenge those losses GSP-style and then go on a path of domination leading right to the other Bastard of the North.

There can be only one type of Highlander shit.

Snow and Tormund vs. Ramsay and Roose

book it.

"Winterfell is mine. Come and see...."

What would be hilarious is if at the start of the season Ramsay is more consumed with the notion of getting Reek back than getting his wife back.

The Cena comparison is a good one. The booking says we're supposed to like her but quite a lot of fans seem to hate her. I think the real fan favorite is Jon Snow. After all the carnage he's easily the most likable main character left with a chance at the throne imo.

I wouldn't be shocked if Ramsay ends up getting it just to troll us one last time. Epic showdown between Ramsay and John does need to happen though.

her and the dragons are the biggest red herrings of the show. only gullible monarchists think she is of any consequence to the main story. Its time to rise up and smash all remaining remnants of the Targaryan dynasty and destroy the last of the overgrown flying chickens.

I still think the Dragons are integral in defeating the Walkers but probably via Bran rather than Dany. Bran going to drop the knowledge and be like, "oh, you're their mother, that's cute, watch this shit" eyes roll in the back of his head and dragons start wasting Walkers.

I still think the Dragons are integral in defeating the Walkers but probably via Bran rather than Dany. Bran going to drop the knowledge and be like, "oh, you're their mother, that's cute, watch this shit" eyes roll in the back of his head and dragons start wasting Walkers.
yeah, if they reach the endgame that is probably the most likely use for them. It would validate Bran's existence and the dragons into one plot device. I just hope it doesnt end with Jon marrying Dany.

The Cena comparison is a good one. The booking says we're supposed to like her but quite a lot of fans seem to hate her. I think the real fan favorite is Jon Snow. After all the carnage he's easily the most likable main character left with a chance at the throne imo.

I wouldn't be shocked if Ramsay ends up getting it just to troll us one last time. Epic showdown between Ramsay and John does need to happen though.

I think Jon is the shit He and Tyrion are my favorite characters to root for at this point (though I think Jorah is the fucking man too).

Frankly, though, I have to admit liking Dany. I think she's idealistic, but also vulnerable and inexperienced. She has good intentions but then fucks up. She's done a lot of good, but also caused problems. Her story arc is interesting to me.

Plus factor in that I'm a big fan of her crew...Tyrion, as I said is great. Love Friendstone. Varys is on board now and he's always been an intriguing character. And I really like Greyworm and Missandei as well.

I think Jon is the shit He and Tyrion are my favorite characters to root for at this point (though I think Jorah is the fucking man too).

Frankly, though, I have to admit liking Dany. I think she's idealistic, but also vulnerable and inexperienced. She has good intentions but then fucks up. She's done a lot of good, but also caused problems. Her story arc is interesting to me.

Plus factor in that I'm a big fan of her crew...Tyrion, as I said is great. Love Friendstone. Varys is on board now and he's always been an intriguing character. And I really like Greyworm and Missandei as well.
I like everyone around her more than I like her. Her arrogance in nearly every situation when she generally has no idea what the fuck she's doing is bothersome. I get that's part of the character though. She's impulsive and a high risk high reward type, which fits her lineage. Tyrion is probably my favorite character in the entire show. I'm just bummed they had Selmy die in such a retarded way to a bunch of nobodies.

people mostly hate her because her storyline has been languishing since she left Astapor. Everyone was hyped when they saw her massive army marching out with dragons overhead, but since then its been pointless meandering. GRR admitted he's stuck on her storyline and thats why his books are taking forever. So fans displace their frustration towards GRR to Dany.

yeah, if they reach the endgame that is probably the most likely use for them. It would validate Bran's existence and the dragons into one plot device. I just hope it doesnt end with Jon marrying Dany.
I'd be surprised if Jon and Dany aren't related in some way. It's hard to say because they've still kept Jon's lineage under wraps, but that's been my hunch for awhile.

I'd be surprised if Jon and Dany aren't related in some way. It's hard to say because they've still kept Jon's lineage under wraps, but that's been my hunch for awhile.
ice and fire bro.

people mostly hate her because her storyline has been languishing since she left Astapor. Everyone was hyped when they saw her massive army marching out with dragons overhead, but since then its been pointless meandering. GRR admitted he's stuck on her storyline and thats why his books are taking forever. So fans displace their frustration towards GRR to Dany.
Yeah he wrote himself into a corner badly with her scenario. It's a truly mind numbing amount of padding. Every time they switch focus to her it's annoying. I think that's why they've slowly shifted so many awesome characters to her, to make it more bearable. I did enjoy the masked cultists though.

And now it looks like we'll get more meandering with her being a prisoner of the Dothraki for God knows how long until Drogon intimidates them into joining her or Jorah and Daario somehow rescue her (good luck with that).

In reality I can see where her story stalled- for me it was right after the slave revolt in Mereen- I thought everything up to then, even the Qarth stuff which I think a lot of people dislike- was pretty damn good. Even still, 5th season picked up big time for me as I thought the Sons of Harpy threat was a good addition.

But yeah if there isn't some dramatic alteration in where her storyline is at over the course of this season, it will be a pretty bad case of spinning wheels. What are Varys and Tyrion even going to have going for them in the first few episodes. Strategizing how to take out the Harpies?

Yeah he wrote himself into a corner badly with her scenario. It's a truly mind numbing amount of padding. Every time they switch focus to her it's annoying. I think that's why they've slowly shifted so many awesome characters to her, to make it more bearable. I did enjoy the masked cultists though.

Yeah man- thought the fighting pit sequence/massacre on Mereen was one of the more exciting/memorable scenes from last season in my opinion. Helped to make episode 9 one of the best of the season. On initial viewing the quality of that was completely lost on me though cause of the horrible scene with Shireen that directly preceded it.

Yeah man- thought the fighting pit sequence/massacre on Mereen was one of the more exciting/memorable scenes from last season in my opinion. Helped to make episode 9 one of the best of the season. On initial viewing the quality of that was completely lost on me though cause of the horrible scene with Shireen that directly preceded it.
Yeah I remember being surprised at complaints about her arc in the last season. Usually whatever is going on with Dany is just fucking boring, but I really enjoyed the arena fight league devolving into a massacre, then a huge fight with cultists and dragon fire. What's not to like there?

Robert's Rebellion, narrated by Barristan Selmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back