Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The decree was that if he took Winterfell, he will become Warden of the North........which he has not done.

Don't think Roose has much desire for the throne, at least yet. He needs Sansa to help hold the North, whichis all he cares about at the current time, imo. Pretty sure he implied after Tywin died, he had no obligation to the Lannisters.

He doesn't think the Lannisters have any power now.

Episode 9 right now.

Once again, another big Fuck You to D&D. Bastards

Episode 9 right now.

Once again, another big Fuck You to D&D. Bastards

cold-blooded shit. i was just flipping channels and came to it. so glad I turned it on when Ser Friendstone was featured and missed that Shireen burning. Never gonna sit through that one again.

cold-blooded shit. i was just flipping channels and came to it. so glad I turned it on when Ser Friendstone was featured and missed that Shireen burning. Never gonna sit through that one again.

That was hard to watch. So many people jumped off the Mannis bandwagon after that one. Lost me for sure.

That was hard to watch. So many people jumped off the Mannis bandwagon after that one. Lost me for sure.
Yeah, it was weird. Up until then, he seemed to have some sense of justice and honor (even though he used the red woman's magic to kill his brother), and there were a lot of people behind Team Stannis. Then he's willing to sacrifice his only child to become king, and it's like "Okay, 5 seasons of Stannis down the drain." It's like he did a 180, it was out of character of him IMO.

Yeah, it was weird. Up until then, he seemed to have some sense of justice and honor (even though he used the red woman's magic to kill his brother), and there were a lot of people behind Team Stannis. Then he's willing to sacrifice his only child to become king, and it's like "Okay, 5 seasons of Stannis down the drain." It's like he did a 180, it was out of character of him IMO.
Honestly, I understood the decision, but it didn't make it any easier to stomach

The last 3 episodes weren't kind to young girls

Honestly, I understood the decision, but it didn't make it any easier to stomach
It completely backfired for Stannis, though. Half of his men left, the red woman leaves, and he gets stomped. He ends up murdering his daughter for no reason.

How was it out of character? He's constantly shown that he'll do whatever it takes to continue on his path of what he feels is his destiny, familial relations be damned. He's incredibly stubborn to a fault.

Hopefully tonights episode has some action, the Season 5 opener was a letdown.

I'm guessing the same thing will happen in the books, but it will have more logic to it and it will only happen after a lot happens over time. In the show everything went to shit very quick, and he goes from having that heart to heart with his daughter to burning her way too fast.

show - 'it's too cold, burn her'. They make it seem like it's impossible for Stannis to go back to the wall but Milesandra gets by the end of the episode. All the reasoning for the burning, and the obstancles before them seem dumb. The timing of all of it is awful. They teased out the Stannis arc for 4 years and then just rush the downfall in an episode or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back