Television Game of Thrones S08E06 Discussion Thread: Burn them all! (the writing staff) | Our Watch has ended

.....yeah, they decided to write it like that.

It was like, finally we get to see BS as a bad ass. Look at that old bastard go. Oh, he's been killed by some goofs playing cosplay in a boring keep-Dany-busy-plot.

I mean he killed around 10 or more. That's pretty good work for an old man lol

I mean he killed around 10 or more. That's pretty good work for an old man lol

Yeah. don't get me wrong, I liked the scene, just not the outcome. If they insisted on killing someone in the shitty Sons of Harpy story, it should of been Greyworm, Daario or Messandei.

My brother is a casual, watched every episode once.....he doesn't really know who or what Barristan Selmy is. Show basically reduced him to Maester Luwin, Alliser Thorne or Meryn Trant level character.

Yeah. don't get me wrong, I liked the scene, just not the outcome. If they insisted on killing someone in the shitty Sons of Harpy story, it should of been Greyworm, Daario or Messandei.

My brother is a casual, watched every episode once.....he doesn't really know who or what Barristan Selmy is. Show basically reduced him to Maester Luwin, Alliser Thorne or Meryn Trant level character.

I'm casual in that I haven't read the books although I know hes supposed to be one of the best fighters in the world. Age comes for us all though and there's no way he was in his prime in that fight. I'd rather grey worm have died too cuz I never cared for him but I liked the scene and thought they did a good job.

The show makes you forgot just how much world building has been done with the books.

Last edited:
Yeah I like Barristan's death for sure. He went out like a champ.

great scene. Grey Worm and Barristan both looked dominant in that sequence, each taking out ten-plus Harps single-handedly.

Barristan going out making the save didn’t bother me. I didn’t think Benioff and Weiss butchered the character. That actor who played him was legit and really gave him a dignified quality that stood out in any given scene he was in- for instance, the scene where he quits when Cersei and co try to force him into retirement.

I have been telling my friends and family to watch this show since it is the greatest show of all time and they dont want to watch it because of gay sex or nudity.

I understand the gay sex thing I guess but nudity......I been sucking on titties since I been 1 day old.

The show makes you forgot just how much world building has been done with the books.
The main problem people have with the books is GRRM's world building outshines the narrative(s). Once you make peace with this, ALL the books are enjoyable imo.

The show's world building was decent at first, but was almost completely abandoned by the 6th season. D&D gets much of the blame for this but I'm sure HBO and their 8 executive producers had just as much to do with it. Just watch the season 8 credits, there's just as many executive producers as there are cast members.

I have been telling my friends and family to watch this show since it is the greatest show of all time and they dont want to watch it because of gay sex or nudity.

I understand the gay sex thing I guess but nudity......I been sucking on titties since I been 1 day old.

What gay sex?

Just realized this thread was originally an episode discussion. I can't even envision people discussing the show in a positive light any more.

Just realized this thread was originally an episode discussion. I can't even envision people discussing the show in a positive light any more.

You know what though- GOT at its height was substantially better than A LOT of shows.

I’ve watched some brief streaming series recently. Among them, The Great with Nicholas Hoult and Elle fanning and while these shows are solid and entertaining, I couldn’t help but think about how Game of Thrones in ambition, in scale, in production value, in compelling narrative was just another level.

In my opinion, the way it fell off hard in the final two seasons doesn’t negate what came before them. I think the first six seasons is a pretty masterful series. One of the best of the past decade.

it would have been terrific if they could have stuck the landing and I agree with others that overall rewatchability of the series as a whole is hindered a bit but I’d definitely recommend to friends to watch seasons 1-6.

6 even has a cool end point- Jon and Sansa get Winterfell, Dany and co. sailing for Westeros. Just watch to that pt and pretend the Long Night battle was compelling and that Jon and Dany ended up ruling KL together and you’re alright lol.

GOT despite the ending is one of the best TV shows ever made. My uncle was in this show. Janos Slynt, he had nothing but good things to say about the cast members he met. Said Sean Bean was really quiet. Became good friends with the guy who plays Sam Tarley. He got a part in Vikings but had to drop it when they realized he couldnt ride a horse lol.

GOT despite the ending is one of the best TV shows ever made. My uncle was in this show. Janos Slynt, he had nothing but good things to say about the cast members he met. Said Sean Bean was really quiet. Became good friends with the guy who plays Sam Tarley. He got a part in Vikings but had to drop it when they realized he couldnt ride a horse lol.

your uncle did a great job man. Love the scene with him and Dinklage “And I just wouldn’t feel comfortable with you lurking about...”

also, I know people don’t agree lol but he made me feel kind of bad at the moment of the character’s death because he did a great job of conveying how scared he was of dying. Jon was justified in executing him and Janos was a detestable character, but still that was a pretty unsettling moment to me.

your uncle did a great job man. Love the scene with him and Dinklage “And I just wouldn’t feel comfortable with you lurking about...”

also, I know people don’t agree lol but he made me feel kind of bad at the moment of the character’s death because he did a great job of conveying how scared he was of dying. Jon was justified in executing him and Janos was a detestable character, but still that was a pretty unsettling moment to me.

Good man id sure he'd be please with the compliment. You know of course he is no Anthony Hopkins but by all accounts he done an OK job. He done well to make it to season 5 anyway! His character was such a little prick.

Good man id sure he'd be please with the compliment. You know of course he is no Anthony Hopkins but by all accounts he done an OK job. He done well to make it to season 5 anyway! His character was such a little prick.
He nailed it man. I really did hate his character, which means he did a good job.

I’m not questioning your honour, I’m denying it’s existence.

Back