Television Game of Thrones S08E06 Discussion Thread: Burn them all! (the writing staff) | Our Watch has ended

So the prequel about the Long Night, or whatever it was about, wasn't picked up. But HBO picked up the one about the history of the Targaryens.
That's because nobody cares about the One Night Stand anymore.

Straight from the horse's mouth. These guys should be blacklisted from Hollywood.

Benioff and Weiss still aren’t sure why George R.R. Martin entrusted them with his magnum opus, as the two didn’t have any comparable experience, or even an appreciation of the book’s themes.

In fact, Benioff once said: “Themes are for eighth-grade book reports,”

Dan is saying that #GameofThrones was basically an expensive film school for he and Dave.

Amusingly, the two never went online to read criticisms of the show from fans, who clearly understood the books better than they did.

Well, Benioff searched online, once, but the results “upset him,” so he never did it again.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidi...worst-suspicions-of-the-fanbase/#7026e146f37c

So Varys was the one that left the Coffee Cup.

That's why they killed him

house-of-the-dragon-poster-cjis.jpg

Sad to see the girlpower prequel go (not really) but this new show to me depends entirely on who they get to play Aegon.

His Sisters better fucking hot

That was kinda dumb to do. You need to be able to use criticism to your advantage and not ignore it. Some is stupid, but often if it is repeated often then it is something you need to address.

Yeah, but "your work is complete shit and you need to die" isn't really a criticism, even if it's prevalent. Remember, we're literally posting in a thread that's titled Burn the Writers. Even if there is valid criticism to be gleaned from internet forums, it's almost impossible to wade through the dumpster fire to find it. Over time a disappointing final season has ballooned into a show that has apparently been completed shit since season 5, and D&D are completely inept writers who have have only produced anything worth a damn out of sheer luck. To be fair, these opinions are pretty much worthless, made by people that are completely ignorant of just how difficult writing a script actually is.

Yeah, but "your work is complete shit and you need to die" isn't really a criticism, even if it's prevalent. Remember, we're literally posting in a thread that's titled Burn the Writers. Even if there is valid criticism to be gleaned from internet forums, it's almost impossible to wade through the dumpster fire to find it. Over time a disappointing final season has ballooned into a show that has apparently been completed shit since season 5, and D&D are completely inept writers who have have only produced anything worth a damn out of sheer luck. To be fair, these opinions are pretty much worthless, made by people that are completely ignorant of just how difficult writing a script actually is.
I lost interest about halfway through season 5. The show lost its luster around then. It was still good, but not great anymore. Season 6 was fair, season 7 was not so good, and we all know season 8 was garbage.

Season 1 was really slow but was building excellent tension. I read GOT back in 01' but still seeing the Eddard scene was a beautiful climax. Season 2 was the Tyrion show, which is always good. Seasons 3 & 4 jumped around from character to character so well but still maintained the slow building of tension from previous seasons. Season 5 is where suspension of disbelief begins to be challanged, which already happens easily when dealing in fantasy.

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying, but there are legit criticism as well. And they are mostly consistent. It’s like that with everything. Music, movies.

The overreacting drama queens are everywhere. A band slightly changes their sound so now a portion of their fan base are saying they are sellouts and the new album is trash 0/5 and the band should have rocks thrown at them. But the band should still pay attention to the common complaints and not write everyone off as drama queens. If the general consensus is there is not enough cowbell, well that sounds like a legit issue.

I understand what you are saying, but there are legit criticism as well. And they are mostly consistent. It’s like that with everything. Music, movies.

The overreacting drama queens are everywhere. A band slightly changes their sound so now a portion of their fan base are saying they are sellouts and the new album is trash 0/5 and the band should have rocks thrown at them. But the band should still pay attention to the common complaints and not write everyone off as drama queens. If the general consensus is there is not enough cowbell, well that sounds like a legit issue.

Oh, I agree there's legit criticisms. Lots of them. The problem is wading through all of the crap to get it. This is especially true of hugely popular stuff like Star Wars, GoT, etc. Some fans might have thought The Americans finale was underwhelming, but it's not slamming up messageboards anywhere.

Basically what im saying is criticism is valid, but there's zero point to trying to spend hours online on forums like this trying to get it. At least if you're actually the creators themselves. Think about how many hours of "no talent shit-stains" you'd have to parse to get to one reasonably well thought out point, renumerated enough times across even more "you ruined everything, fuck-tards" to even begin to register. It's a waste of their time.

Oh, I agree there's legit criticisms. Lots of them. The problem is wading through all of the crap to get it. This is especially true of hugely popular stuff like Star Wars, GoT, etc. Some fans might have thought The Americans finale was underwhelming, but it's not slamming up messageboards anywhere.

Basically what im saying is criticism is valid, but there's zero point to trying to spend hours online on forums like this trying to get it. At least if you're actually the creators themselves. Think about how many hours of "no talent shit-stains" you'd have to parse to get to one reasonably well thought out point, renumerated enough times across even more "you ruined everything, fuck-tards" to even begin to register. It's a waste of their time.
That’s why you have people you work for go through it to find holes. It’s basically trouble shooting. You do it for writing all the time when you aren’t a huge name. Before something even gets published plenty of people read and give feedback. And then before you can get more published, if you have any sense you will work on previous weak points. Not hard to have a someone go through and find legit issues fans and critics have. Have them bring them to your attention so you can work with it. If you just ignore everyone you end up with the 12th version of Terminator that still had many of the same issues Terminator 3 had.

That's somewhat elitist. It doesn't take an intellectual to point out the issues with seasons 7 & 8. Seasons 5 & 6 have issues that are little more nuanced, but even those that have trouble articulating what they didn't like about it still detect the issues.

To be honest, I hold the opinions of idiots with superficial criticism over the the opinions of fanboys that refuse to acknowledge issues with their favorite franchises (Star Wars, MCU, GOT, etc). They are just as much of a problem and contribute to why we keep getting blockbuster movies and TV shows with little artistic merit.

That's somewhat elitist. It doesn't take an intellectual to point out the issues with seasons 7 & 8. Seasons 5 & 6 have issues that are little more nuanced, but even those that have trouble articulating what they didn't like about it still detect the issues.

To be honest, I hold the opinions of idiots with superficial criticism over the the opinions of fanboys that refuse to acknowledge issues with their favorite franchises (Star Wars, MCU, GOT, etc). They are just as much of a problem and contribute to why we keep getting blockbuster movies and TV shows with little artistic merit.

I'd say it would be elitist if I said there was no valid criticism on forums or the internet, but that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying it's not worth the time to sift through all the garbage to get it.

I don't think it's a competition between fanboys vs crybabies. You have to take each criticism or defense on it's own, in context. Some are valid, some aren't.

His Sisters better fucking hot
You know they will be.

The only thing that gives me pause is that in the books Aegon was 25 when he started his conquest, and 27 when he took the throne. It makes me think they'll get some babyfaced twink to play him ala Viserys in S1 of GOT. That would upset me.

Also, is the series supposed to be about just Aegon I or the entire first 150 years of the Targaryens like in the book? Because I feel like that would suck--moving so quickly through the dynasty. It works in the book but a show like that would remove any investment in character.

You know they will be.

The only thing that gives me pause is that in the books Aegon was 25 when he started his conquest, and 27 when he took the throne. It makes me think they'll get some babyfaced twink to play him ala Viserys in S1 of GOT. That would upset me.

Also, is the series supposed to be about just Aegon I or the entire first 150 years of the Targaryens like in the book? Because I feel like that would suck--moving so quickly through the dynasty. It works in the book but a show like that would remove any investment in character.
Yeah, they need like a Fassbender circa 300 for this.

Straight from the horse's mouth. These guys should be blacklisted from Hollywood.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidi...worst-suspicions-of-the-fanbase/#7026e146f37c

lol I wish. But these guys ARE HOLLYWOOD.

talentless and only ruN things Bc they are supposed to run things in Hollywood.

Talentless assclowns who don’t deserve their high paying jobs. Promoted via birthright

absolutely ruined a great show and great story. And I’m super bitter about it.

and fuck George RR Martin too

Last edited:
I've jerked off to Sansa, Arya, and Daenarys.

Is that bad?

I've jerked off to Sansa, Arya, and Daenarys.

Is that bad?
Sansa and Daenarys are hot. Arya still looks 12. I said "dear lord" out loud during her sex scene. It was too weird.

Sophie Turner started out under age too, but matured into a lovely lady. Maisie not so much.

Sansa and Daenarys are hot. Arya still looks 12. I said "dear lord" out loud during her sex scene. It was too weird.

Sophie Turner started out under age too, but matured into a lovely lady. Maisie not so much.

Sophie Turner takes it in the back door. I'm absolutely sure of it. She drinks like a fish , she's a party girl, said she loved the rape scene with Ramsay, and constantly shows off contortionist positions.

Right in the butt, I'm telling you.

Sophie Turner takes it in the back door. I'm absolutely sure of it. She drinks like a fish , she's a party girl, said she loved the rape scene with Ramsay, and constantly shows off contortionist positions.

Right in the butt, I'm telling you.

They say she and maisie dig the yayo

Would hit both

Back