Television Game of Thrones S08E06 Discussion Thread: Burn them all! (the writing staff) | Our Watch has ended

The Waif > Arya > Night King > John Snow > Ramsey

The Waif > Arya > Brienne > Jamie > Ned > Arthur Dayne

I wasn't ready for this comment.

2dd.jpg

Thanks for the list.

Fuckin' tell me about it! Were they trying to save money on CGI or some shit? You're the top show in the world, spend money you sumbitches. I hated that too.

Arya is a trained assassin, according to the show she could damn-near whoop Brienne's ass, she's also quicker and stealthier, that part didn't really bother me.

I didn't like it either, but they kept implying that she inherited the Targaryen craziness gene with the "gods flip a coin" thing. Dany has always been consistent in that she was a bit merciless, but yea the killing innocents went overboard, I think they were saying she became The Mad Queen, like her father.

I don't think he was dumb at all. He confided in Tyrion, he thought Tyrion would see the reason in his thoughts (which Tyrion regrets not going along with). He also didn't mind risking his life "for the realm"

I thought they stated that he could only see the past and the present. I know I'm in the minority, but why not an autistic king? Lol.

He doesn't make decisions based on pride, or emotion, or anything like that.

Problem people had with arya killing nk was that she literally materializes from thin air.

Nk was surrounded by wights and also theres nothing that arya could jump from.

She literally just appears lol

Not a happy ending, people wanted a coherent ending that didn’t feel forced and rushed. Just lots of dumb writing mistakes that shows on cable would normally make, and Game of Thrones built up a reputation for avoiding only to fall into in the last season.
I didn't give a shit if the ending was happy or not. I just wanted something that made sense.

Problem people had with arya killing nk was that she literally materializes from thin air.

nah bro, in the behind the scenes thing you see that she jumped from the trampoline they had set up specifically for that purpose. The North plans ahead.

I didn't give a shit if the ending was happy or not. I just wanted something that made sense.

Yeah, I haven’t gone back to watch a single episode of S8, including the finale, since it ended. Just ended the series with a very meh feeling.

On the flip side, I watched every episode of Chernobyl like 4-5 times, the writing and acting was so good.

I think they established in S6 the main characters have plot-fueled teleportation.

Arya is a trained assassin, according to the show she could damn-near whoop Brienne's ass, she's also quicker and stealthier, that part didn't really bother me.

Arya never killed or fought anyone even near Night King's Power.

I didn't like it either, but they kept implying that she inherited the Targaryen craziness gene with the "gods flip a coin" thing. Dany has always been consistent in that she was a bit merciless, but yea the killing innocents went overboard, I think they were saying she became The Mad Queen, like her father.

It happened way too fast.

I don't think he was dumb at all. He confided in Tyrion, he thought Tyrion would see the reason in his thoughts (which Tyrion regrets not going along with). He also didn't mind risking his life "for the realm"

It was very dumb. A smart guy who is an expert in intrigues would have had an escape plan in case Tyrion betrays him.

I thought they stated that he could only see the past and the present. I know I'm in the minority, but why not an autistic king? Lol.

Because nobody knows him (the audience doesn't count). Here are all these lords that wanted to follow Jon or Dany and they choose Bran because of his story? wtf lol. And when Sansa walks away with the North, why would Dorne who was always supporting House Targaryen and had a long history of being independent and the last kingdom to join the seven kingdoms rejoin it? Why wouldn't they go "Hey we have the biggest army and all of your armies have been decimated in the war so fuck you we're out too"

Hours ago, Mauler has FINALLY released his video essay for S8E5.

If you hated this episode and have nearly three hours to spare, its worth listening to.

Dany has always been consistent in that she was a bit merciless, but yea the killing innocents went overboard, I think they were saying she became The Mad Queen, like her father.
You have to realize that in Dany's mind the people of King's Landing weren't innocents. She made it pretty clear during her conversation with Tyrion. In Essos, people wanted her to "free" them, they smallfolk supported her. In Westeros, this wasn't the case, people refused her. That's why she didn't spare anyone, in her mind the people refusing her somewhat "supported" her enemies. That's why she picked fear, love wasn't an option all the way.

You have to realize that in Dany's mind the people of King's Landing weren't innocents. She made it pretty clear during her conversation with Tyrion. In Essos, people wanted her to "free" them, they smallfolk supported her. In Westeros, this wasn't the case, people refused her. That's why she didn't spare anyone, in her mind the people refusing her somewhat "supported" her enemies. That's why she picked fear, love wasn't an option all the way.
Lol wut
Look, even if this is 100% accurate, this is just shit tier writing. It still goes against her character, and makes no sense. There is killing someone that is actively fighting against you, there's killing a surrendered combatant, and then there's killing civilians---women and children, AFTER they surrendered. The latter is Ramsey Bolton level evil.

The show never gave us any real glimpse as to what anyone in Westeros actually thought of Dani and her claim to the throne. In earlier seasons we got a glimpse of what they thought of Joffrey and Cersei, but that was about it.
And speaking of the people, there is no way that they should want to accept Bran as their king. The North were the invading force that came down with Dani and her dragons to torch King's Landing. Why would anyone follow him when he has no real claim to the throne, and helped burn up countless civilians?

Lol wut
Look, even if this is 100% accurate, this is just shit tier writing. It still goes against her character, and makes no sense. There is killing someone that is actively fighting against you, there's killing a surrendered combatant, and then there's killing civilians---women and children, AFTER they surrendered. The latter is Ramsey Bolton level evil.
Don't let your hate for S8 cloud your judgement on all creative decisions.

It was fast paced, yes, but it was the only thing that totally made sense about S8's writing. It's not against her character, she's always been that way. You are either a supporter or an enemy. Remember when she killed all the masters of the free cities without even questioning if they all supported slavery? There is nothing worse than a conqueror who thinks he's morally right. I know, we all cheered when she pulled that dick move on the owner of the unsullied, because he was the bad guy.

Yeah, the people surrendered and I know how bad it is to kill civilians. I also agree that there should have been more development. However, that doesn't mean that it was out of character. She has always had that for-or-against mentality and Cersei was smart enough to convince King's Landing that Dany is worse than her, leading them to try to hide in the keep. This made it pretty clear for Dany that people weren't happy to have her taking the city.

You can also be 100% sure that it will go down very similar in the books (if they will be released). Dany is an even worse and much more impulsive ruler in the books, she does even more harm to the citys she thinks to free than in the series. That was always her plot from the beginning. You can critizise the way it was executed in the last season, but it doesn't make it wrong in any way.

The show never gave us any real glimpse as to what anyone in Westeros actually thought of Dani and her claim to the throne.
I'm not sure if you watched any episode of S7

Game of Thrones should have ended with the introduction of the guillotine.

I think if peasants had just been through all that shit there would be a revolution

Don't let your hate for S8 cloud your judgement on all creative decisions.

It was fast paced, yes, but it was the only thing that totally made sense about S8's writing. It's not against her character, she's always been that way. You are either a supporter or an enemy. Remember when she killed all the masters of the free cities without even questioning if they all supported slavery? There is nothing worse than a conqueror who thinks he's morally right. I know, we all cheered when she pulled that dick move on the owner of the unsullied, because he was the bad guy.

Yeah, the people surrendered and I know how bad it is to kill civilians. I also agree that there should have been more development. However, that doesn't mean that it was out of character. She has always had that for-or-against mentality and Cersei was smart enough to convince King's Landing that Dany is worse than her, leading them to try to hide in the keep. This made it pretty clear for Dany that people weren't happy to have her taking the city.

You can also be 100% sure that it will go down very similar in the books (if they will be released). Dany is an even worse and much more impulsive ruler in the books, she does even more harm to the citys she thinks to free than in the series. That was always her plot from the beginning. You can critizise the way it was executed in the last season, but it doesn't make it wrong in any way.

I'm not sure if you watched any episode of S7
She has literally never, ever shown cruelty to commoners. She recognizes their lack of agency, and wants to free them from an existence where they're used as pawns. One farm boy died, just one, and she locked her dragons away out of fear. Then over the course of like two episodes she turns on the common folk, and after she's already won. She attacked king's landing in that way in the first place because she didn't want civilian casualties. It's a completely nonsensical 180.

If you hated episode 5 then enjoy this therapeutic review

Hours ago, Mauler has FINALLY released his video essay for S8E5.

If you hated this episode and have nearly three hours to spare, its worth listening to.

Damn it Gears!!! I'm the biggest Mauler fan on this forum.

Damn it Gears!!! I'm the biggest Mauler fan on this forum.

I was a big fan of Rags for years before Mauler became popular with his Last Jedi videos.

I always catch EFAP when I get a chance, but sometimes it seems like there's about ten minutes of quality content for every hour it lasts.

Kinda wish they wouldn't rag on Downward Thrust so much. He's a good dude that makes 95% quality content, but they focus on the 5%.

Anyway, I hope Wolf would make a full mental recovery. It was good to hear him on EFAP #50 for an hour and a half.

As much as I love Mauler and Rags, the fact they only upload new videos every few months is FRUSTRATING. They'd gain so much more attention if they also uploaded fifteen minute videos weekly, in addition to working on their long-form video essays.

Because nobody knows him (the audience doesn't count). Here are all these lords that wanted to follow Jon or Dany and they choose Bran because of his story? wtf lol. And when Sansa walks away with the North, why would Dorne who was always supporting House Targaryen and had a long history of being independent and the last kingdom to join the seven kingdoms rejoin it? Why wouldn't they go "Hey we have the biggest army and all of your armies have been decimated in the war so fuck you we're out too"
Not to mention the Iron Islands who wanted to be free of Kings Landing for years.

I figured with the Thrones melted and Jon and Bran(originally) not wanting to rule, the 7 Kingdoms would become 7 separate Kingdoms again. And maybe they would meet at Kings Landing as a neutral Free City to discuss disputes and alliances. Like a United Nations kinda thing.

She has literally never, ever shown cruelty to commoners. She recognizes their lack of agency, and wants to free them from an existence where they're used as pawns. One farm boy died, just one, and she locked her dragons away out of fear. Then over the course of like two episodes she turns on the common folk, and after she's already won. She attacked king's landing in that way in the first place because she didn't want civilian casualties. It's a completely nonsensical 180.

Dem bells bro they triggerred her into crazy targ.

l@nd0

Back