Television Game of Thrones S08E06 Discussion Thread: Burn them all! (the writing staff) | Our Watch has ended

I just finished the show last night.

I don't know what everyone was bitching about, it was awesome through and through. The ending didn't finish all fairy tale-like, but did folks reaaaalllly expect a happy ending from this show? Really?

A few points from me:

• The Hound was and always has been fuckin' awesome.

• Sansa was a dumb little c*nt since the beginning of the show and ends the show the same way. Betrays her brother, whinges about not wanting to be part of Bran's kingdom, and I think Sansa telling Tyrion the secret was partly what made Dany start wilding out!

• Jamie showed great character growth over the series then the show was all like: "fuck that!" and decided to end it the incest route. He could've stayed with Brienne and lived happily ever after but no... sister p***y.

• When Jon asked Arya if she'd visit him, the "No, I wanna travel to unmapped lands and never looked back" was stupid. :rolleyes:

• Wtf are the Dothraki gonna do now? Are they following Grey Worm?

• I'm tight that Ser Davos never got to kill that child-murdering bitch.

Last edited:

I don't know what everyone was bitching about, it was awesome through and through. The ending didn't finish all fairy tale-like, but did folks reaaaalllly expect a happy ending from this show? Really?

A few points from me:

• Sansa was a dumb little c*nt since the beginning of the show and ends the show the same way. Betrays her brother, whinges about not wanting to be part of Bran's kingdom, and I think Sansa telling Tyrion the secret was partly what made Dany start wilding out!

• Jamie showed great character growth over the series then the show was all like: "fuck that!" and decided to end it the incest route. He could've stayed with Brienne and lived happily ever after but no... sister p***y.

• When Jon asked Arya if she'd visit him, the "No, I wanna travel to unmapped lands and never looked back" was stupid. :rolleyes:

Not a happy ending, people wanted a coherent ending that didn’t feel forced and rushed. Just lots of dumb writing mistakes that shows on cable would normally make, and Game of Thrones built up a reputation for avoiding only to fall into in the last season.

Not a happy ending, people wanted a coherent ending that didn’t feel forced and rushed. Just lots of dumb writing mistakes that shows on cable would normally make, and Game of Thrones built up a reputation for avoiding only to fall into in the last season.

Curious, what did you not like about it? Since I didn't get a chance to discuss it with everyone else back when it ended.

I know there were very few episodes season 8, but to me it seems like they were doing a lot to sorta drag out the episodes. Long, cinematic shots, filler scenes, etc.

A few points from me:

<SelenaWow>

Curious, what did you not like about it? Since I didn't get a chance to discuss it with everyone else back when it ended.

I know there were very few episodes season 8, but to me it seems like they were doing a lot to sorta drag out the episodes. Long, cinematic shots, filler scenes, etc.
I’m kinda burned out from complaining honestly. We covered everything pretty much ten fold on this thread already.

Ultimately, it needed to be another season so that it actually made sense and you didn’t have people being stupid just to move the plot. Like Dany forgetting about the Iron Fleet and not noticing an entire fleet sailing in her direction while she has a literal sky view.

I’m kinda burned out from complaining honestly. We covered everything pretty much ten fold on this thread already.

Ultimately, it needed to be another season so that it actually made sense and you didn’t have people being stupid just to move the plot. Like Dany forgetting about the Iron Fleet and not noticing an entire fleet sailing in her direction while she has a literal sky view.

I'd scroll back, but it's almost 200 pages! lol

Yea, the not noticing the iron fleet from the sky was kinda bad writing.

<36>

You folks can turn literally any post (even one with medieval characters and flying dragons) into a racial rant. Amazing.
Keep your low intelligence bullshit out of here, and let the adults speak.

The Summer Isles (where black people are from in ASOIAF) thought they were alone in the world. They did not make contact with anyone until long after the Age of Heros.

The fact that they'd include a black chick on Westeros is a sign that they are again going to buck the source material in favor of 21st century political nonesense. It does not bode well for the show.

The fact that they're going to use GRRM's world but not stick to his history just seems contrived and artistically bankrupt. A cash grab using a great man's work.

But I understand its easier for your weak mind to just say UR RACIST OMG.

Also, lmao at you liking the 8th season. You are clearly an idiot that would be ok with season 8 being shit smeared stick figures on a rock.

I'd scroll back, but it's almost 200 pages! lol

Yea, the not noticing the iron fleet from the sky was kinda bad writing.
*The pitch black dark ass battle in episode 3. Couldn't see shit, and nobody had any true badass moments in there.
*Arya kills the Night King....completely out of nowhere.
*Jon was completely useless.
*7 seasons of talking about the Night King and Winter is coming, and it ends with some 15 year old girl and a cheesy dagger trick....right.
Lol that's just one episode.
Nobody was looking for a fairytale ending, they were looking for one that made sense.

*Dany killing innocent people made no sense.
*Tyrion is supposed to be a genius and they made him a bumbling retard.
*Varys, master of spies, also one of the smartest characters in the show becomes a retard.
*The Dothraki were wiped out in episode 3..but somehow respawned back for the final battle.
*Jamie's story arc made no sense. Him and Brieenne fucking made no sense.
*Who asked for a Euron Greyjoy vs Jamie fight!??
*Bran...who can see the past and future..and can control other beings was completely useless. Never found the connection between him and the Night King...and everyone is on board with making his autistic ass the King??????

That's just off the top of my head
Shit was hot garbageeeeeeee

Keep your low intelligence bullshit out of here, and let the adults speak.

The Summer Isles (where black people are from in ASOIAF) thought they were alone in the world. They did not make contact with anyone until long after the Age of Heros.

The fact that they'd include a black chick on Westeros is a sign that they are again going to buck the source material in favor of 21st century political nonesense. It does not bode well for the show.

The fact that they're going to use GRRM's world but not stick to his history just seems contrived and artistically bankrupt. A cash grab using a great man's work.

Also, lmao at you liking the 8th season. You are clearly an idiot that would be ok with season 8 being shit smeared stick figures on a rock.
Who gives a flying fuck about sticking to every point of his.timeline?
It will have no major effect on the story if the people from the Summer isles met before or after the Age of Heroes.
GRMM is involved with the show, and it seems itll be closer than he was when he was working with GoT, so he's obviously good with it.

Books are never 100% word for word translated to TV or movie. All that matters is the core of the story and characters. Especially considering how huge the whole Westeros world is, shit doesnt matter. There's plenty of shit that was in the GoT books that didnt make it into the show.

The only ones involved in political nonsense are people bitching about the presence of a black person on a show. You people get worked up by the most ridiculous nonsense.

Thanks for the list.

*The pitch black dark ass battle in episode 3. Couldn't see shit, and nobody had any true badass moments in there.

Fuckin' tell me about it! Were they trying to save money on CGI or some shit? You're the top show in the world, spend money you sumbitches. I hated that too.

*Arya kills the Night King....completely out of nowhere.

*7 seasons of talking about the Night King and Winter is coming, and it ends with some 15 year old girl and a cheesy dagger trick....right.

Arya is a trained assassin, according to the show she could damn-near whoop Brienne's ass, she's also quicker and stealthier, that part didn't really bother me.

*Dany killing innocent people made no sense.

I didn't like it either, but they kept implying that she inherited the Targaryen craziness gene with the "gods flip a coin" thing. Dany has always been consistent in that she was a bit merciless, but yea the killing innocents went overboard, I think they were saying she became The Mad Queen, like her father.

*Varys, master of spies, also one of the smartest characters in the show becomes a retard.

I don't think he was dumb at all. He confided in Tyrion, he thought Tyrion would see the reason in his thoughts (which Tyrion regrets not going along with). He also didn't mind risking his life "for the realm"

*Bran...who can see the past and future..and can control other beings was completely useless. Never found the connection between him and the Night King...and everyone is on board with making his autistic ass the King??????

I thought they stated that he could only see the past and the present. I know I'm in the minority, but why not an autistic king? Lol.

He doesn't make decisions based on pride, or emotion, or anything like that.

Who gives a flying fuck about sticking to every point of his.timeline?
It will have no major effect on the story if the people from the Summer isles met before or after the Age of Heroes.
GRMM is involved with the show, and it seems itll be closer than he was when he was working with GoT, so he's obviously good with it.

Books are never 100% word for word translated to TV or movie. All that matters is the core of the story and characters. Especially considering how huge the whole Westeros world is, shit doesnt matter. There's plenty of shit that was in the GoT books that didnt make it into the show.

The only ones involved in political nonsense are people bitching about the presence of a black person on a show. You people get worked up by the most ridiculous nonsense.
The Summer Isles are a very important part of the world history. Their encounter with the first white people and their shift from hermits to exploration is one of the most interesting histories in GRRM's world.

BUT FUCK ALL THAT, WE NEED A BLACK CHICK.

If you can't understand what I'm saying in plain English, then you're not going to understand. You've been programmed to react this way so I aint even mad. Honestly, it just pisses me off that GRRM's amazing fictional world will be marginalized by lesser men, and accepted without question by even lesser men. (You two, for instance)

"tHey PuT bLaCk PeEpLz iN mY sHoW wItH tHe IcE mOnStErS aNd mAgIc FiRe PeOpLe!" sO i'M cOmPlAiN oN a KaRaTe FoRuM"

source.gif

I said nothing of the sort, you're the only one bitching about race. There must be a reason you expected someone to call you that though.

Thanks for the list.

Fuckin' tell me about it! Were they trying to save money on CGI or some shit? You're the top show in the world, spend money you sumbitches. I hated that too.

Arya is a trained assassin, according to the show she could damn-near whoop Brienne's ass, she's also quicker and stealthier, that part didn't really bother me.

I didn't like it either, but they kept implying that she inherited the Targaryen craziness gene with the "gods flip a coin" thing. Dany has always been consistent in that she was a bit merciless, but yea the killing innocents went overboard, I think they were saying she became The Mad Queen, like her father.

I don't think he was dumb at all. He confided in Tyrion, he thought Tyrion would see the reason in his thoughts (which Tyrion regrets not going along with). He also didn't mind risking his life "for the realm"

I thought they stated that he could only see the past and the present. I know I'm in the minority, but why not an autistic king? Lol.

He doesn't make decisions based on pride, or emotion, or anything like that.
They had unlimited money and time from HBO. There's just no excuse for it. They took an extra year to make the final season, and we only got 7 episodes that weren't that much longer than the standard episodes.

Arya is an assassin...but what did we actually see her learn in Braavos? She barely started training. She got her ass whooped by that other chick. I can believe that she can kill Lord Frey and his family, but THE NIGHT KING? NOPE.
And it made no sense for the story. You built up this rivalry and story between Jon and the Night King..and this connection between Bran and the Night King, only for a random assassin to kill him? Made no sense. And in that episode, they showed that you can't sneak up on them, Jon tried to follow the Night King from like 30 yards away, and the Night King saw him

Varys would never be that stupid. He'll risk his life for the realm, but he won't throw it away. What he did was absolutely retarded. He knew Tyrion wasnt going against her, so him telling Tyrion meant he just accepted his own death.

The whole "Targaryn craze" has been so over thought. Rhaegar wasnt crazy. And the old Maester of the Night's watch, Aemon, wasnt crazy either. If she had killed surrendering Lanister soldiers, I could buy that, but she was intentionally killing innocent women and children. AFTER she already won. That is not her.

The whole series has been about people wanting the throne. Why would anyone follow a crippled, autistic king from the North? Why would the other kingdoms agree to that? Especially after the North is now not even a part of the 7 kingdoms?
And Bran's powers were never fully explained...which was horseshit. But when Tyrion asks him to be their king, he says "what do you think I came here for".
He also told Jon he was where he was supposed to be
And he knew that Jamie was coming to Winterfell.
So he knew what was going to happen the whole time and let his brother get exiled.
And he had said he couldn't be the lord of anything.....but he can be king?

The Summer Isles are a very important part of the world history. Their encounter with the first white people and their shift from hermits to exploration is one of the most interesting histories in GRRM's world.

BUT FUCK ALL THAT, WE NEED A BLACK CHICK.

If you can't understand what I'm saying in plain English, then you're not going to understand. You've been programmed to react this way so I aint even mad. Honestly, it just pisses me off that GRRM's amazing fictional world will be marginalized by lesser men, and accepted without question by even lesser men. (You two, for instance)
It is not important to the SHOW, dummy.
That will have zero fucking importance to whatever the core plot of the show is.
The book is not the show. It NEVER is. They are not going to spend any significant amount of time talking about how the summer isle people went from hermits to explorers. Nobody wants to see that.

Lol and GRMM is WORKING on the show. He obviously doesn't have issue with it, so you should calm your nerdy ass down.

It is not important to the SHOW, dummy.
That will have zero fucking importance to whatever the core plot of the show is.
The book is not the show. It NEVER is. They are not going to spend any significant amount of time talking about how the summer isle people went from hermits to explorers. Nobody wants to see that.

Lol and GRMM is WORKING on the show. He obviously doesn't have issue with it, so you should calm your nerdy ass down.
GRRM's world and source material is the only thing that made the show any good.

At the risk of derailing an otherwise decent thread, lets all agree to disagree and stfu about it.

btw watching season 1 scenes for fun.

they really nerfed wights and walkers in later seasons

Something else that keeps me up at night.

The Waif > Arya > Brienne > The Hound

The Waif > The Hound?!

latest

upload_2019-8-27_14-36-17.jpeg

Last edited:
Back