Game of Thrones S08E05 Discussion Thread: CleganeBowl or we Riot (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Vote for Next Week's Thread Title

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Winds of Winter - Battle in the North
A Dream of Spring - Battle in the South

Also, GRRM ain't ending anything.
My favorite book series,The Asian Saga,never really ended.
Clearly there was supposed to be more things,that we are never going to find out now,due to James Clavell's death in 1994...

But...

The books spanned several generations,and the way the final book Whirlwind ended,was as satisfying a conclusion as you COULD HAVE,all things considered.

My favorite book series,The Asian Saga,never really ended.
Clearly there was supposed to be more things,that we are never going to find out now,due to James Clavell's death in 1994...

But...

The books spanned several generations,and the way the final book Whirlwind ended,was as satisfying a conclusion as you COULD HAVE,all things considered.
I'm considering starting Wheel of Time. Have you read it? I've heard good things.

Just gave episode 5 a rewatch...not sure why I even wasted my time...absolutely no value in it.

This line should be used in the finale.

Rewatched episode 5. Dialogue was hilariously bad.

Dany: Someone betrayed me.
Tyrion: Yes.
Dany: Jon Snow.
Tyrion: Varys.

Episode 6 hasn't leaked yet?

My prediction for the finale:

Sansa & Bran work together to defeat the Mad Queen. I think Bran will warg into Drogon and use him to kill Daenerys. I don't see there being a Throne when it's all said and done but if there is, I would expect Jon Snow to be offered the Throne only to hand it over to either Gendry or Sansa. The two of them then rule the 7 Kingdoms together. Joining Houses Stark & Baratheon the way King Robert told Ned back in the Episode 1 of the series.
(FYI...I have not read any of the "text msg spoilers" that are out) I assume Drogon would have to eat her because I am guessing she is still immune to fire. I am starting to think she may not die. I can see that she went Mad Queen to "break the wheel" and end the Game of Thrones. She knows no one will see her as the true monarch now that the truth about Jon is out and that she napalmed King's Landing. She has figured out that people love him more and she would always have to watch her back. I think she might just take her dragon and go home to Dragonstone and then Jon has a decision to make. To your theory though, hard to leave a "mad queen" out there with a dragon when she could change her mind about the situation. I agree Bran will some how play a major role on how things shake out. I am starting to wonder though if the bittersweet ending is just that the "Game of Thrones" is truly ended by Jon and Dany and they go their separate ways or if there is major bloodshed among more characters.

If HBO want to show us how big their balls are they will end GOT like this

Meh. That's the nittiest of all picks. May as well complain about the ravens being able to deliver messages to specific locations. Dany having control over the dragons like one would a dog or a horse, isn't really anything to lose sleep over thinking about.
I agree, but your nitpick was completely comparable.

Are people still mad that Dany turned Mad Queen? I get that it was rushed a bit, everything in the last 2 seasons was rushed. It could have been developed a bit better over the course of 2 seasons instead of a few episodes.

But she was set up to be a tyrant from the start. Even in the 2nd season she talked about burning cities to the ground. All she did was yammer on about how she has the right to rule everyone.
I agree, which is why I'm sure Arya and Sansa will burn a city to the ground this episode. I mean, they've both done far worse things than Dani did, before episode 5. So it makes sense, right?

CCKm6aJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back