Game of Thrones S08E04 Discussion Thread: Disney Presents Episode 4 (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Vote for Next Week's Thread Title

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and now he's going to some pretty crazy lengths to save them all and let his sister keep the throne. Hope he dies without even 50 cents to his name

I couldn't even follow what point $0.50 was trying to get across. Wasn't even English. Lol.

From what i understand whatever contract he signed directly with D&D for Game Of Thrones, D&D had final creative say on the show. For the new prequel series, GRRM signed a contract directly with HBO and he's retained creative control over the series.
I see. thanks

A shame that the episode starts 4 in the night here. Cba staying awake since I just wanna see it for the memes ;) At least I'll have lots of good laughs when I wake up.

Aint this the truth
u0c086frnux21.png

They can both be true. Things could have dragged before and felt rushed now. That's actually even worse, as it implies that part of the problem now was excessive filler earlier.

That is fair, but it could also point to how hard it is to please everyone. Perhaps they were creating the show for a certain kind of fan, but as the ratings grew, they created it for a different kind of fan, always intending to give the majority what they wanted. People who have no interest in the lore seem to outnumber people who do. So the show isn't for lore lovers anymore.

It's for titty lovers

tyenesandboobs.gif

In that picture she looks like the kind of chick who will cut off your dick when you are sleeping and throw it in the garbage disposal because she dreamed that you were having an affair

I loved Tywin; he has some of the best scenes/lines in the entire series. But I'm not blind to his faults. Cersei would always have been a cunt no matter how he treated her, but if he'd recognised Tyrion's brilliance and treated him with respect, I think Tyrion would have stuck by his father.

It was taking Shae into his bed that signed his own death warrant.

Am I the only one who assumed that Tyrion meeting Shae at the Lannister camp wasn't an accident? It was never shown how Tywin and Shae got together. I assume Shae was originally Tywin's whore who he had seduce Tyrion to keep track of him and stop him from being a public embarrassment to the Lannister name. If she had really loved Tyrion, why would she be with Tywin before Tyrion was dead and wouldn't she try to kill Tywin to save Tyrion?

It would also explain why Shae took what appeared to be risks that really weren't because she was Tywin's spy.

I was always rooting Tyrion, Jon Snow, Arya, and the Hound. I don't fucking care any more though. All of those characters have been ruined. Now I'm rooting for death, more than anything.

Although, Death was smoked by Arya, a couple episodes ago.
She told the god of death not today.

Am I the only one who assumed that Tyrion meeting Shae at the Lannister camp wasn't an accident? It was never shown how Tywin and Shae got together. I assume Shae was originally Tywin's whore who he had seduce Tyrion to keep track of him and stop him from being a public embarrassment to the Lannister name. If she had really loved Tyrion, why would she be with Tywin before Tyrion was dead and wouldn't she try to kill Tywin to save Tyrion?

It would also explain why Shae took what appeared to be risks that really weren't because she was Tywin's spy.

I kind of wish they made it more clear that she was indeed a spy all along. I really like this like of reasoning. Although it might make the scene where he strangled her less powerful if we knew for a fact she was Tyson’s spy.

I kind of wish they made it more clear that she was indeed a spy all along. I really like this like of reasoning. Although it might make the scene where he strangled her less powerful if we knew for a fact she was Tyson’s spy.
She was a whore as well as a woman scorned. Not much more to it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back