Game of Thrones S07E02 Discussion Thread: Grey's Anatomy (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Title for tonight's thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Dany's plan sucks overall - Ironborn sailing down to Dorne and then back with Dorne's army, then the same Ironborn taking the Unsullied around the southern Westeros to Casterly Rock. Could they make a more drawn out plan, time consuming plan? Why don't you can the Lanisters a little bit of time to get ready...the story line has been bringing up how the Iron Throne & King's Landing are short on money & food yet how the hell is Dany feeding all her armies during this time?
Half of the ships were going to dorne, half are already on their way to casterly rock.

Yeh the cone heads. They were actually shown on TV?. Did they show them riding zebras?

You mean zorses?

1623938969-8f4f3a177ec3a7cd64cc74056e7ba5ac.jpg

I can see why D&D decided to make TV Euron into Book Victarion though.

Just look at the early pages of this thread and you can see how many viewers got wet when TV Euron descends from The Silence and goes berserk with Victarion's double-handed axe.

It's such a shame that we probably wouldn't get to see creepy Book Euron's black warlock magic shit on TV, but a very large contingent of non-book readers are perfectly fine with D&D just "letting him bang", like the ocean-bound version of Mountain or Tormund or Daario.
I'm hoping Euron isn't completely turned into Euron, would like to see more of the book character. You're other post about book characters being written out of the show, I wonder how much that is adding to the delay of the books being finished -- GRRM not sure how to proceed with some of those characters now.

He's not a focus of the plotline in Westeros.

The only thing I can imagine happening with him is Dani recieves a package from Slavers Bay, and its said to be from Dario. She opens it to see...

...Dario's severed and rotting head.

It would contribute to Dani's progression into madness.
That would be great and in line with how things were going in Slavers Bay.
Dario is a minor character in this story, spending time on him would be a waste of screen time; on the other hand, they did waste time showing sam emptying bed pans.

sherbrahs i am FOOKIN HYPED. theyre gonna storm casterly rock tonight shit is gonna be nuts.

sherbrahs i am FOOKIN HYPED. theyre gonna storm casterly rock tonight shit is gonna be nuts.

I'm hoping Greyworm is a one man wrecking crew a la that season 5 ep with the Sons of the Harpy.

Qyburn's ballista - surely, the answer to fighting dragons can't be that simple otherwise those would have been utilized back in the past. I'm going to guess that the scales of an adult dragon are too hard for a ballista bolt to penetrate in order to do any serious damage.

I want Dany to hulksmash King's Landing after losing Yara and the Dornish leadership in retaliation, like she should just flip the fuck out. That would be nice. Or somewhere, maybe not King's Landing, I don't want Cersei to get hurt.

I feel like we're gonna see Cersei fuck people up and Dany be pissed and hopefully she does something about it.

What's "The Prodigal Son Returns" in reference to?

tbh i didnt like any of the poll choice names this episode. needs more funny.

Shut the front Hodor. Glad I came up with it. I am the father of it

^^^ About the defecting Ironborn getting so easily ambushed. I know others have posted how in naval battles, the leader's ship would be at the front but this was a different situation - they weren't in battle and were transporting a leader of another kingdom back home. Pretty fucking stupid to have so light of defense for the queen, princess or whatever of Dorne.
Theon & his sister are shitty leaders.

Also, Dany's plan sucks overall - Ironborn sailing down to Dorne and then back with Dorne's army, then the same Ironborn taking the Unsullied around the southern Westeros to Casterly Rock. Could they make a more drawn out plan, time consuming plan? Why don't you can the Lanisters a little bit of time to get ready...the story line has been bringing up how the Iron Throne & King's Landing are short on money & food yet how the hell is Dany feeding all her armies during this time?

Wonder if the show will even let us know where the ambush happened.

After the scene in which Jamie had told Cersei that Dragon queen would be going to Dragonstone, and then Dany walks onto the beach, I was hoping there were archers waiting in ambush and turned her into a pin cushion. No way that would happen in this storyline but it should have happened.

If there had been soldiers on Dragonstone they would have been burned alive by Dragons. I'm also sure a scouting party was sent ahead to ensure the Island was empty, but they didn't have time to show it on the show. Another Greyworm scene where they addressed this kind of problem would be cool with me though. - it's also possible Cercei and co had no idea where Dany was going to land and didn't want to waste soldiers setting up an ambush somewhere she might not even show up.

As for feeding her armies, high garden and dorne are feeding them. They briefly addressed that.

The plan to attack Kings Landing with Dornish and Tyrell armies is sound. Her decision to speak with the actual warlord of Dorne and last surviving lord of Highgarden instead of a pair of emissaries was really stupid. But shows like these have their constraints; recognizable faces are required to deliver these kind of lines so the audience has some idea what's going on. Adding new character should like emissaries would be confusing.

Re the ambush, an episode explaining the entire situation at sea and the details of the ambush/why the actual leadership would all meet on Dragonstone would have been great. David and Dan are creatively and physically exhausted though and they're rushing to the finish line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back