Game of Thrones S06E10 Discussion Thread: Cersei Didn't Start the Fire **NO Spoilers

The entire season 7 story was was leaked a few months ago.........

lol. that's what I'm saying. I'm avoiding well so far. I'm torn- cause I love these threads but I know that there are people here who likely know major plot details and very well will casually drop them as though they are just speculation.

Once we're down to 60 days I'm watching an episode per day to get all caught up. Might even do a review thread if I'm in the mood

I'm sorry dude, but you have to be pretty slow if you didn't expect there to be a twist with Jon's parentage. You really thought Ned was going to end up being his true father? You're naive enough to believe it was going to be that straight forward? From the very moment I heard he was a bastard I knew there would be more to it than that.

Ned's facial expressions and his evasiveness during the scene make it clear that he's hiding something. I seriously don't know how someone could watch that scene and not pick up on it.

That and the fact that Ned's sister just mysterious died - which should have been obvious to everyone was due to child birth - made it a pretty easy induction.
My god. You are lame as hell. There are 0 people who would guess "oh yeah, jons the lovechild of rhegar and lyanna" after watching those 2 episodes fresh. At minimum, you would need context of the story pr multiple rewatches if not book knowledge.

Saying you expected jons story to be something odd, sure. Thats reasonable. But with just two episodes of knowledge, there is no way you would jump to "oh yeah, robert and lyanna werent anything and jon isn't neds bastard". You might think ned is hiding something but if anything you would think he is hiding an affair with a targ woman or something. Neds sister died in a war in which she was supposedly captured and raped. Without knowing any other background and just watching 2 episodes, no reasonable person would think "fuck, musta died dyring childbirth of the crown prince". Thats insane and laughable. If those are the jumps you make upon first viewing of every show with no previous knowledge, you must be seriously disgusted with the mundane realities of television.

You got me, big guy.
It wasn't even a little suspicious that Ned's sister died under unspecified and mysterious circumstances and right at that time Ned has "his" bastard child. Not suspicious at all, not even when you factor in how a guy kidnapped her. The time line fits perfectly for them to have eloped and had a child, but again, not suspicious.

When Ned was being extremely evasive when talking to Robert about Jon's supposed mother? Also not suspicious what so ever.

Nobody could possibly connect those dots. Why, you'd have to be Batman to do that.
Right, when I hear a captor of war died when her captors side fell, first thing I jump to is "well she must of been pregnant".

And when I have minimal evidence of how honorable a character is and see him being evasive of his bastard childs origins, I definitely think "must be his sister's". Certainly dont suspect that his evasiveness would be tied to an affair with a rival family or something like that.

And the timeline! I forgot about how ned and bob bantered about how the war ended roughly ten months after lynannas abduction! Missed that timeline note in the first two episodes.

Last edited:
APFYv4Rst4HiFPmD5Nm5wH-1200-80.jpg

My god. You are lame as hell. There are 0 people who would guess "oh yeah, jons the lovechild of rhegar and lyanna" after watching those 2 episodes fresh. At minimum, you would need context of the story pr multiple rewatches if not book knowledge.

Saying you expected jons story to be something odd, sure. Thats reasonable. But with just two episodes of knowledge, there is no way you would jump to "oh yeah, robert and lyanna werent anything and jon isn't neds bastard". You might think ned is hiding something but if anything you would think he is hiding an affair with a targ woman or something. Neds sister died in a war in which she was supposedly captured and raped. Without knowing any other background and just watching 2 episodes, no reasonable person would think "fuck, musta died dyring childbirth of the crown prince". Thats insane and laughable. If those are the jumps you make upon first viewing of every show with no previous knowledge, you must be seriously disgusted with the mundane realities of television.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but I did. And fucking LMAO you're making it out like I'm Sherlock Holmes or something. I really didn't think it was that impressive. Eyes and brains, Lestrade. That's all it takes.

Last edited:
Right, when I hear a captor of war died when her captors side fell, first thing I jump to is "well she must of been pregnant".

And when I have minimal evidence of how honorable a character is and see him being evasive of his bastard childs origins, I definitely think "must be his sister's". Certainly dont suspect that his evasiveness would be tied to an affair with a rival family or something like that.

And the timeline! I forgot about how ned and bob bantered about how the war ended roughly ten months after lynannas abduction! Missed that timeline note in the first two episodes.

It was clear as day to me. I don't know what else to tell ya.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but I did. And fucking LMAO you're making it out like I'm Sherlock Holmes or something. I really didn't think it was that impressive. Eyes and brains, Lestrade. That's all it takes.

No you didn't.

thinking of a risky surgery

want to get facial reconstruction to look like the hound

aka scars

its a risky one but i feel the pay off is worth it

Well we're a little less than three months away which is encouraging I guess. Funny that last year I was annoyed about the delay till late April. Now I'd be more than happy for a May premiere.

Back