Game of Thrones S06E10 Discussion Thread: Cersei Didn't Start the Fire **NO Spoilers

Okay, bud. I made it all up... Really... just lie down for a while. Everything is going to be okay.

Just started watching Fight Club actually........3 minutes in.

Do you know what? I think Brad Pitt and Ed Norton are the same person.

Pretty sure The Red Wedding was done at the behest of Tywin.

Right. The other Lannisters were kept out of the loop, and were a bit grossed out when they found out. Even Tywin said the way they chose to do it was on them, it wasn't something he would have done. The same way Tywin was cool with the other Targ kids getting killed, but was disgusted at the rape and murder of Elia.

Just started watching Fight Club actually........3 minutes in.

Do you know what? I think Brad Pitt and Ed Norton are the same person.

You got me, big guy.
It wasn't even a little suspicious that Ned's sister died under unspecified and mysterious circumstances and right at that time Ned has "his" bastard child. Not suspicious at all, not even when you factor in how a guy kidnapped her. The time line fits perfectly for them to have eloped and had a child, but again, not suspicious.

When Ned was being extremely evasive when talking to Robert about Jon's supposed mother? Also not suspicious what so ever.

Nobody could possibly connect those dots. Why, you'd have to be Batman to do that.

You got me, big guy.
It wasn't even a little suspicious that Ned's sister died under unspecified and mysterious circumstances and right at that time Ned has "his" bastard child. Not suspicious at all, not even when you factor in how a guy kidnapped her. The time line fits perfectly for them to have eloped and had a child, but again, not suspicious.

Yup.....all this was revealed midway through episode 2!

The fact you found it obvious Lyanna died in child birth, has "caughted" you out. No mention of this at all in the show until S6.

Yup.....all this was revealed midway through episode 2!

The fact you found it obvious Lyanna died in child birth, has "caughted" you out. No mention of this at all in the show until S6.

It wasn't mentioned you imbecile, it was a reasonable induction based on the available evidence. You have to actually put a bit of thought into it and where a writer would likely go instead of being blindly led. If you can't make the induction with the available evidence then you and I are just completely different types of people. It is clear as day to me.

I see the obvious setup for the twist with Jon's origin like it is Chekov's Gun. I know there is going to be something more to that the minute I hear it. I then see the corroborating evidence as I have outlined in my previous post. It is all right there if you can see it, which clearly you cannot.

Last edited:
It wasn't mentioned you imbecile, it was a reasonable induction based on the available evidence. If you can't make the induction with the available evidence then you and I are just completely different types of people. It is clear as day to me.

I see the obvious setup for the twist with Jon's origin like it is Chekov's Gun. I know there is going to be something more to that the minute I hear it. I then see the corroborating evidence as I have outlined in my previous post. It is all right there if you can see it, which clearly you cannot.

<45><45><45>

Yes!

How anyone could not decipher R + L = J, by the middle of the second episode is beyond me, too.

Bruh, you're just trolling at this point.

I was merely using hyperbole to drive my point home. I intended no offence, my apologies if I have given any. But being questioned by an imbecile can sometimes cause one to be lowered to their level.

The fact is I know what I know and I know when I knew it. I guessed the ending to the movie "The Others" just from the tv ads as well. I have a good ability to do that sort of thing and I guess I didn't realize how astounding and unbelievable that someone like him might find it to be.

I was merely using hyperbole to drive my point home. I intended no offence, my apologies if I have given any. But being questioned by an imbecile can sometimes cause one to be lowered to their level.

The fact is I know what I know and I know when I knew it. I guessed the ending to the movie "The Others" just from the tv adds as well. I have a good ability to do that sort of thing and I guess I didn't realize how astounding and unbelievable that someone like him might find it to be.

That's fair enough. I'm not going to say what you knew or when you knew it, only that if you actually suspected it that early on then you're one of very few.

Most people certainly didn't.

The fact is I know what I know and I know when I knew it. I guessed the ending to the movie "The Others" just from the tv ads as well. I have a good ability to do that sort of thing and I guess I didn't realize how astounding and unbelievable that someone like him might find it to be.

TBF, I was the same for both The Others and The Sixth Sense.......and others were shocked by those twists.

Right. The other Lannisters were kept out of the loop, and were a bit grossed out when they found out. Even Tywin said the way they chose to do it was on them, it wasn't something he would have done. The same way Tywin was cool with the other Targ kids getting killed, but was disgusted at the rape and murder of Elia.
Tywin gave the order for that bro.

Also Tywin tricked the Freys into breaking guest rights, there is no way he would have massacred guests of his like that. Not because he's a moral person, only because he'd be afraid of it coming back to haunt him and his family.

Tywin gave the order for that bro.

Also Tywin tricked the Freys into breaking guest rights, there is no way he would have massacred guests of his like that. Not because he's a moral person, only because he'd be afraid of it coming back to haunt him and his family.

Yeah Tywin paid the Freys off, but he mentioned he wouldn't handle it that way himself. Because it's too scandalous. As far as Elia goes he agreed to put the kids to the sword but he didn't want Elia raped and murdered. The Mountain is just a psychopath

Yeah Tywin paid the Freys off, but he mentioned he wouldn't handle it that way himself. Because it's too scandalous.
Yeah that's what I mean. He wouldn't do it because he's afraid of the backlash, not because he thinks it's wrong.
As far as Elia goes he agreed to put the kids to the sword but he didn't want Elia raped and murdered. The Mountain is just a psychopath
ok you may be right about this

Here's something I read on the wiki:

Tywin claims, however, that he had never ordered the rape, and that Elia, by herself, had been nothing, stating that her death had been unnecesary. He claims that he most likely had neglected to mention her when giving orders to Gregor Clegane, and that Clegane had killed her because he had not explicitly been told by Tywin to spare her.[25] Elia's younger brother, Oberyn, however, believes that Tywin had Elia and her children killed as revenge for the slight he suffered when Aerys II refused the marriage of his son and heir, Rhaegar, to his daughter, Cersei, marrying Elia, whom Tywin had refused for his own heir, to Rhaegar instead.[4]

So I suppose it's ambiguous, and no one who knew the truth remains alive.

Amped to see this thread on the first page. Looking forward to hilarious titles for the weekly threads coming up. But I just hope none of you scalawags are posting spoilers either outright or subtly with your spot on "predictions."

I'm just kidding. You guys are great.

Seriously- don't spoil shit.

Yeah that's what I mean. He wouldn't do it because he's afraid of the backlash, not because he thinks it's wrong.

ok you may be right about this

Here's something I read on the wiki:

Tywin claims, however, that he had never ordered the rape, and that Elia, by herself, had been nothing, stating that her death had been unnecesary. He claims that he most likely had neglected to mention her when giving orders to Gregor Clegane, and that Clegane had killed her because he had not explicitly been told by Tywin to spare her.[25] Elia's younger brother, Oberyn, however, believes that Tywin had Elia and her children killed as revenge for the slight he suffered when Aerys II refused the marriage of his son and heir, Rhaegar, to his daughter, Cersei, marrying Elia, whom Tywin had refused for his own heir, to Rhaegar instead.[4]

So I suppose it's ambiguous, and no one who knew the truth remains alive.

Yeah I'm reading that book right now. Tywin said he was pissed off that he murdered Elia. He didn't think he had to tell him not to kill her. Like the wiki says Tywin says the heirs to the throne were the worry. With them dead Elia had no power.

I was thinking of book spoilers..................................

Okay then................................................................................................................................................................

Back