Game of Thrones S06E03 Discussion Thread: Mother's Day Edition (no spoilers)

Which Mother got it worst?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its boring because GRRM clearly can't have her just invade so everything of hers is filler. He himself admitted he would like to flash forward 5 years for her story but just couldn't. Its no longer her building her army and learning lessons, its just dealing with revolt, chaining up her dragons etc. It would actually be best if they had delved into magical stuff with danny's story. Traveling to Asshai, etc. Dany's story was most interesting when she was conquering through trickery or dealing with supernatural things (blood magic, house of the undead).

It's boring because at this point it seems like she'll never go to Westeros.

Yea. I'm sure they will find someway to get her ready super quick that we weren't expecting but for now, everything seems like filler now cause she keeps taking steps backwards and they seem repetitive. I mean, how high are the chances that she is going to escape via dragons saving her with epic music in the background like this is an amazing scene when it's really repetitive and pointless bs. I'm hoping there's more to this arc but I'm fairly certain this is just house of the undying II

Also, we know friendzone is dying from being touched and will probably sacrifice himself somehow. I'm going to be really annoyed if it all plays out this obvious

Kind of random but did they ever show how Sansa and Theon survived jumping from the castle walls? Still confused on that.

The first three episodes were pretty solid. I expect the fourth to be a stinker.

How did Danys story get so boring? It's like she got to this city and keeps having shit get fucked up. It makes her look incompetent now. I remember when she too the unsullied army and looked like a bad ass ready for westeros. Now she seems like a 10 year old who is only taken seriously because her dragons bail her out of any tough situation she gets into

It's called the Meerenese knot. She wasn't supposed to stay in Meereen. It was created after GRRM noticed a timeline problem.

It's called the Meerenese knot. She wasn't supposed to stay in Meereen. It was created after GRRM noticed a timeline problem.

Ohh. Well they should've created a better foe for her in the meantime. Maybe the rich neighboring cities will produce that character but for now, if it's just this kinda stuff, it's lame. I do like the revolt storyline but not her suddenly being with the drakis again.

Also, we know friendzone is dying from being touched and will probably sacrifice himself somehow. I'm going to be really annoyed if it all plays out this obvious
My theory is Jorah's devolution is just beginning.

His mutation to a StoneMan will somehow see him become the leader of the Stonemen and pull them together into a fighting force. Not sure if it will be on purpose or accidental. IF he will be shunned and exiled like them and forced to fight with them, unite them. Or if he will lead a sort of StoneMan rebellion.

But yes just as Jorah and his new StoneMen army are horrifying the regular citizens once again he will see Daeny in trouble and he and his stonemen will race in to save the day, probably sacrificing themselves but saving her.

I don't get the sense much will happen this episode. It will be mostly foreshadowing of what comes next.

A few guesses at surprises:

Dorne attacks the Westerlands

The Hound reappears as a faith militant

Dany's storyline will improve once she gets back to Meereen and the war with the cities of Slavers Bay kicks off.

lmfao, Who am I kidding?

She'll never cross the fucking sea.

Sansa and Jon might reunite, or being the teases they are, they miss each other by a day.

Little Peen convinces Robin to call his banners and prepare to fight the Boltons

The Frankenmountain will wreck shit.

Kingsmoot.

The first three episodes were pretty solid. I expect the fourth to be a stinker.

Why do you expect that? You mean like law of averages? Until they show otherwise this season is going strong.

This episode is the longest one yet (for this Season) at 59 minutes. Hope we get something good

My theory is Jorah's devolution is just beginning.

His mutation to a StoneMan will somehow see him become the leader of the Stonemen and pull them together into a fighting force. Not sure if it will be on purpose or accidental. IF he will be shunned and exiled like them and forced to fight with them, unite them. Or if he will lead a sort of StoneMan rebellion.

But yes just as Jorah and his new StoneMen army are horrifying the regular citizens once again he will see Daeny in trouble and he and his stonemen will race in to save the day, probably sacrificing themselves but saving her.

Can the atonement even communicate? I thought they were zombies

Can the atonement even communicate? I thought they were zombies
we've only seen them as uncontrollable wild savages so far.

But remember the Wildlings were seen that way too until a leader appeared who could inspire and unite and lead them.

Seems to me to a real potential for a parallel here and GRRM seems to like those.

Kind of random but did they ever show how Sansa and Theon survived jumping from the castle walls? Still confused on that.

The last we saw of them last season was them jumping. The first we saw of them this season was them running away from Winterfell. Many expected to see the landing and others said it didn't need to be shown and we were being too picky. In my thinking, the landing is the important part.

It would be like showing Ned and his boys confronting Arthur Dayne then skipping the fight scene and going to Ned climbing the stairs.

Dany's storyline will improve once she gets back to Meereen and the war with the cities of Slavers Bay kicks off.

lmfao, Who am I kidding?

She'll never cross the fucking sea.

Gendry is coming to row them across.

They used Littlefinger's teleportation device

Or the universe switched from halo 2 to 3 to be more like unreal tournament. Your theory may be more likely

we've only seen them as uncontrollable wild savages so far.

But remember the Wildlings were seen that way too until a leader appeared who could inspire and unite and lead them.

Seems to me to a real potential for a parallel here and GRRM seems to like those.

I thought they always presented the windings as somewhat tribal more than savages. I'd say they were more like the draki group then anything else. Stonemen seem like untouchables with some type of life long rabies. Those ones that jumped tyrion and friendzone seemed very much like they were basic and only looking for meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back