1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Game of Thrones Prequel HOUSE OF THE DRAGON (First Official Photos Released)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Mangar Black Belt

I feel sorry for you, the first 4 seasons were masterpieces. On par with Breaking Bad.

2. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Update: April 15, 2021

Fabien Frankel Cast in a Key Role in HBO's Game of Thrones Prequel Series HOUSE OF THE DRAGON

[​IMG]

Here's another actor joining HBO's Game of Thrones prequel series. Fabien Frankel has been cast in a key role in the upcoming House of the Dragon. The news was first revealed by saga author George R.R. Martin on his blog.

The British actor recently appeared with Thrones star Emilia Clarke in the romantic comedy Last Christmas.

He will play Ser Criston Cole, a member of King Viserys I Targaryen's Kingsguard, a knight whose bold actions helped pave the way to civil war.

"He is the common-born son of the steward to the Lord of Blackhaven," Martin wrote. "He has no claim to lands or titles, all he has is his honor and his skill with sword and lance. He is a challenger, a champion, cheered by the commons, beloved of the ladies. He is a lover (or is he?), a seducer (or is he?), a betrayer (or is he?), a breaker of hearts and a maker of kings … Welcome to Westeros, Fabien. And do keep that sword sharp."

House of the Dragon tells the story of the Targaryen family in Westeros and is set 300 years before the events in Game of Thrones. The drama is from is from co-showrunners Ryan Condal (Colony) and Miguel Sapochnik (Game of Thrones) and is expected to start production this month in the U.K. for its planned 2022 debut.

The series previously announced stars Olivia Cooke, Emma D'Arcy, Paddy Considine and Matt Smith.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...f-the-dragon-casts-fabien-frankel-in-key-role

One MMA Fan, HeLLMuTT, Clippy and 3 others like this.
  3. horc00 Brown Belt

D&D fucked up the franchise for me.

I'd still watch the prequel if the reviews are good, but knowing that the main storyline ended in a hot pile of bloody diarrhea takes most of the excitement out of it.

4. Graves The Elder Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

nothing good will come of this.
    time to move on.

Aegon Spengler and esotamoc like this.
  5. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Update: April 26, 2021

Game of Thrones Prequel HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Starts Production, Releases Behind-the-Scenes Photo

[​IMG]

One MMA Fan likes this.
  6. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Update: April 28, 2021

First HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Set Photos and Video Gives Us Our First Look at Matt Smith and Emma D'Arcy as Daemon and Rhaena Tregaryen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Plutoburn Alpha booze head

I want Season 8 GRRM cut.

Marfa and shunyata like this.
  8. Bacco Silver Belt

I don't even need GRRM to be involved
    I just want a Season 8 that is not absolute crap

9. esotamoc Brown Belt

Matt Smith has a face like someone's evil clone that has been taken out of the tank before completely forming.

uppercutbus and chickenluver like this.
  10. Bacco Silver Belt

He's great actor though

Olivia Cooke is such a cutie

11. Nightgunner05 Purple Belt

It’s really hard for me to give a crap about this. The last season of GOT so thoroughly destroyed my enjoyment of the series, that I don’t think it’s possible for me to get back into it.

12. weed ベルセルク

I hated the last season back then, & yesterday I watched a few clips & hated it all even more.

I'm going to watch all the new series regardless. & I'll more than likely hate them all too.

I just have that undying hunger for any bit of new information regarding the history of that world.

Law Talkin’ Guy likes this.
  13. Khaiser Purple Belt

GOT was the kind of series that I planned on going back and watching in it’s entirely.

Season 8 was so bad that it effectively butchered the earlier seasons, which were masterpieces in their own right. That takes some doing. I can’t bring myself to watch any of it based purely on how irrelevant the final season made most of the content.

14. TheGroke Banned Banned

Matt Smith kinda looks like Gordon Ramsay? not sure I like that casting.

15. shunyata Red Belt

The good news for a Targaryen civil war / dance of dragons series is, Martin already wrote most of the material for this so the plot is set already.

The bad news is, he didn't write the dialog. So it will sink or swim based on the scriptwriters they use.

horc00 likes this.
  16. bosox32 Black Belt

Matt Smith will do great in this role. Not worried about the acting here.

17. horc00 Brown Belt

Martin only having written most of the material is bad news to me.

shunyata and Khaiser like this.
  18. Law Talkin’ Guy The Worm

It’s been said before but I’ll say it too: season 8 has made it impossible for me to give two shits about this.

Khaiser likes this.
  19. Lethal Forum Administrator Staff Member Forum Administrator

It's actually impressive how this series went from being such a pop culture phenomenon to complete irrelevance after Season 8. Even with a half assed ending they could have milked this franchise for years, but Season 8 was such a colossal failure that they had to cancel one prequel based on the White Walkers. I'd like to see this succeed and have a quality comparable to the first Four Seasons of Game of Thrones, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Zookeeper Gabe likes this.
  20. rellikoge White Belt

I'll watch it gladly. The last season was weak but that didn't kill the series. It's still one of the best of all time. I rather watch that than other copycat fantasies like Shadow and Bone.