Game of Thrones Battle For Winterfell Dead Poll

Who will die in the Battle For Winterfell?

• Total voters
Poll’s missing Edd.

Anyway, voted for Theon, Jorah, Dondarion, Tormund, Pod, Brienne, Davos, Sam, Ghost and Rhaegal

Edit: forgot Gendry

Fahhqqq I definitely forgot to add him. He crossed my mind too when I was compiling the list. I would have forewent Lil' sam for him. I maxed out the poll choices. Sorry sherbro :(

Theon, Brienne, Tormund, Beric, Greyworm, Pod, and if he shows up I have a sneaking suspicion they do the NK and the remainder of the series focuses on the battle for Westeros.

Yes I considered adding NK, but I'm not sure he'll be there. There's an interesting theory that NK may be heading south with Visaerys to turn king's landing into another 1 million plus army of the undead. It would make for a nice twist, and would be the best bang for his buck considering it'd be two dragons against one if he headed to winterfell- one of them being Drogon's big ass.

Those who deserved/wished for death will live in an ironic twist. Beric, The Hound and Theon.

OK. I am basically of 2 minds on the subject. Either almost all of them die or almost none of them die.

If the Night King brings his full force to bear, only a few survive. Either Jon or Danny will live. Either Tyrion or Jaime will live, Either Arya or Sansa will live. The Hound will live to see the Clegane Bowl. Practically everyone else will die. Big Dragon lives.

However, part of me thinks that The Winterfell crew is going to hammer a smaller portion of the army, sans the Night King. We did not see the night King at the end of episode 2.

If I were the Night King, I would pull some Sun Tzu shit and do a head fake to Winterfell while I sent the bulk of my forces to Oldtown. They got no Dragons. They got no Dragon Glass. They got no wildfire. Plus those old Maesters were pretty condescending to Samwell Tarley. They would be essentially helpless and not expecting it. I could wipe out the Citadel, a necessary step to bring about permawinter, and Oldtown is the 2nd most populous city in Westeros. The new undead soldiers I conscript there would be orders of magnitude more in number to the sum I sacrifice at Winterfell.

The only hypothetical problem with this is Oldtown is a fucking hike from where they are at, which would take a little creative license.

And the people of Old Town probably aren't soldiers so they'd be wights with no weapons. Unless Night King has a weapon shack out somewhere lol.

God tier twist ending:

They all die. Night King wins.

Episode 4 is focused on Cersei, her Maester and the Mountain shoring up the defenses of King's Landing.

Episode 5 is the battle for King's landing. They all die, Night King wins.

Episode 6 is an hour and a half of the Night King sitting on the Iron Throne with his white walkers holding court with no dialogue.

How many people will zombie ned stark kill after he rises in the crypt?

Theon and Brienne seem like obvious choices after the last episode. Arya too. Maybe too obvious.

Hope jorah lives but i doubt it, that scene with lyanna seemed like a goodbye to the character.

Sam ends up on the throne and then it cuts to his dad reading his story then laughing in his face and mocking him for writing a stroy where he becomes a member of the nights watch, kills the first white wallker, discovers dragon glass powers, gets laid, cures an incurable disease while everyone doubts him and then ends up a family and everyone's respect. Series ends with another montage of sam being humiliated and dumping bedpans while his dad burns his book.

I was one of the few that voted Tyrion. A theory on the chance the dead are raised from the crypts, Tyrion sacrifices himself so the women and children can escape. Allows him to die a hero and redeem himself for being stupid.

I don’t really see what his purpose is going forward anyway, he’s just another guy at this point. I doubt he is going to be the one to kill Cersei.
I think it is Tyrion and not Jamie who kills Cersei to fulfill the witches prophecy.

I also think Jamie becomes Azor Ahai reborn when times look the bleakest on the battle field and Brianne is about to be overwhelmed before his eyes and he sees Beric fall and his flaming sword sitting there and when Jamie grabs it and wields it, the prophecy becomes fulfilled. Squeeze in Melisandre somewhere in there. Jamie, once again becomes a devastating swordsman and his arc is complete.

I do think he survives Winterfell and has some kind of 'reunion' with Cersei at King's Landing. Although I don't think he has it in him to kill his own sister/ex-lover. Cersei is more likely to kill Jamie imo, or he dies in flames trying to protect her.
Jaime is totally over Cersei. No way he dies protecting her.

can't have the hound die.. he needs to face the mountain

How many people will zombie ned stark kill after he rises in the crypt

none

He was beheaded with a magic sword and thus cant come back. The undead may very well rise in the crypts but i dont think he will be one of them

I think it is Tyrion and not Jamie who kills Cersei to fulfill the witches prophecy.

I also think Jamie becomes Azor Ahai reborn when times look the bleakest on the battle field and Brianne is about to be overwhelmed before his eyes and he sees Beric fall and his flaming sword sitting there and when Jamie grabs it and wields it, the prophecy becomes fulfilled. Squeeze in Melisandre somewhere in there. Jamie, once again becomes a devastating swordsman and his arc is complete.
At this point I don’t think the show is going to go into any detail about book stuff like the witch that told Cersei how she would die or Azor Ahai, especially since they seem to be going with the Night King just wanting to turn everyone into zombies because he feels like it.

none

He was beheaded with a magic sword and thus cant come back. The undead may very well rise in the crypts but i dont think he will be one of them

Ohhhhh shiiiiiiit I forgot that they beheaded him with his own sword. Ouch that sucks. Ned caught a bad one.

At this point I don’t think the show is going to go into any detail about book stuff like the witch that told Cersei how she would die or Azor Ahai, especially since they seem to be going with the Night King just wanting to turn everyone into zombies because he feels like it.
i think they have had Cersei mention the prophecy and her younger brother killing her too much just to abandon it. The Hound/Mountain fight is coming and either Tyrion or Jamie will kill her in that battle or soon thereafter when she tries to go all scorched earth again.

none

Indeed, he was beheaded with his own Valyrian steel sword and that was melted down to forge 2 smaller ones :)

i think they have had Cersei mention the prophecy and her younger brother killing her too much just to abandon it. The Hound/Mountain fight is coming and either Tyrion or Jamie will kill her in that battle or soon thereafter when she tries to go all scorched earth again.
Yeah you’re right, I completely forgot she mentioned that. Still think it will be Jamie though considering Cersei has always suspected Tyrion.

Yea there's no way it doesn't happen. One thing Tyrion said is he hopes he comes back and kills her as a whitewalker. They never said the brother would be dead or alive when he did it so it made me wonder if that's how it happens.

Winterfell falls, everyone flees to the Iron islands, NK marches south to KL, takes over, and then everyone comes back to fight NK in KL.

If Ghost is unleashed he’s fucked terrible match up vs wights ... hopefully he puts up a longer fight then Summer.

Greyworm - the Missandei dying and not him angle would be worth all the cringe romance scenes but he looks to be the tip of the spear as far as foot soldiers and that seems as bleak as it gets.

Jorah- wrecks shit and puts on a respectable showing but gets overmatched by a WW or 2

Beric/Edd and hate to say but Tormund
All likely fall just overwhelmed by numbers any front line fighter seems to have shit odds to survive.

Theon - might put up a decent stand with his Bow but gets besmirched once he has to draw his sword. Biggest group of cans in the story guarding Bran seems destined to fail.
Jon likely has to step in on foot to protect Bran. Might be the scene in the trailer when he draws his sword.

Brienne/Pod - once Pod falls Brienne goes Beserker mode and loses her discipline and goes down

I think the skeletons in the crypts coming to life and being able to smash out of their stone tombs is cringeworthy and hope it doesn’t go down that way but if it does I could see Tyrion not staying down there as he was commanded to determined to contribute thus avoiding the massacre that would take place.

Back