Game of Thrones Battle For Winterfell Dead Poll

Who will die in the Battle For Winterfell?

• Total voters
wont be hound we need him to fight his brother... the red head wildling will probably die with the big girl...as she is a knight now... kingslayer has to kill his sister but will probably be mad the big women died... since missandei and her bf were planning stuff i assume both or one of them dies.. theon will die as he will be where the nightking is going..with bran.. I can see them killing off one or both the dragons as well... i think dragon queen will turn on jon after last week ..but after the battle

Last edited:
I was one of the few that voted Tyrion. A theory on the chance the dead are raised from the crypts, Tyrion sacrifices himself so the women and children can escape. Allows him to die a hero and redeem himself for being stupid.

I don’t really see what his purpose is going forward anyway, he’s just another guy at this point. I doubt he is going to be the one to kill Cersei.
<mma4>
havent considered this, but it would make sense.

Theon, ghost, jorah, gilly, greyworm, beric and davos are all locks.

Tormund, brienne, varys, and gendry are all highly possible.

Hound is already set up to fight mountain in the Cleganebowl.

Jaime needs a standoff with cersei.

The rest outside of maybe sansa are untouchable till the end.

Samwell obviously survives to write the story at the citadel, especially after his memories speech. Show writers have the scene already plagiarized up from the Bilbo Baggins ending in lotr

Also, I think Bran lives to go back in time and warg into Bran the Builder who originally created the Wall thousands of years ago and also founded House Stark.

I voted:

Theon: death is his redemption finalized. He'll get to at least temporarily save Bran or Sansa
Jorah: reunited with Dany, advises her he's not the advisor anymore. Got a V sword. He's fucked
Brienne: Her story is complete and just the right time for us to be the most sad to see her die. Therefore, GoT kills her
Davos: How many times did he say he's survived low odds battles in the lead up to this one? He's so fucked
Podrick: He got to show off that purty voice of his. I think he falls alongside Briene, who says she's proud of him in a final moment
Tormund: I just think he goes as not a big role to play after this
Greyworm: He talked about plans for after the war with his lover. May as well have showed a picture of his newborn girl back home he hasn't met yet in a WW2 movie. 0% chance of survival
Beric: that last scene with the Hound seemed a final one to me

I don't think any truly major characters die here. No targaryen's or starks or even Lannisters. They all have roles to play in the final 3 episodes, and ep 5 will be where we'll lose some of the. Could possibly lose a dragon but I'm not sure.
Theon - yes
Jorah - yes
Brienne and Tormund - not yet. They have built too much intrigue for a potential awkward love scene or they die together in some type of weird loving respect way.
Davos - yes
Pod - yes
Greyworm - NO. He is fulfilling his pledge to Missandei to take her home but unfortunately he is taking her dead body back home to bury her
Beric - yes

adding Vary's - yes, his roll has been diminishing greatly
Rhaegal - yes, or Drogon. One will die. Dany gets hurt and cannot fly and Jon takes last Dragon and mounts and kills Ice Dragon and unmounts Night King turning the battle their way. Jon becomes Rhaegar and Dany bends the knee in front of everyone.

OK. I am basically of 2 minds on the subject. Either almost all of them die or almost none of them die.

If the Night King brings his full force to bear, only a few survive. Either Jon or Danny will live. Either Tyrion or Jaime will live, Either Arya or Sansa will live. The Hound will live to see the Clegane Bowl. Practically everyone else will die. Big Dragon lives.

However, part of me thinks that The Winterfell crew is going to hammer a smaller portion of the army, sans the Night King. We did not see the night King at the end of episode 2.

If I were the Night King, I would pull some Sun Tzu shit and do a head fake to Winterfell while I sent the bulk of my forces to Oldtown. They got no Dragons. They got no Dragon Glass. They got no wildfire. Plus those old Maesters were pretty condescending to Samwell Tarley. They would be essentially helpless and not expecting it. I could wipe out the Citadel, a necessary step to bring about permawinter, and Oldtown is the 2nd most populous city in Westeros. The new undead soldiers I conscript there would be orders of magnitude more in number to the sum I sacrifice at Winterfell.

The only hypothetical problem with this is Oldtown is a fucking hike from where they are at, which would take a little creative license.

Last edited:
If I were the Night King, I would pull some Sun Tzu shit and do a head fake to Winterfell while I sent the bulk of my forces to Oldtown. They got no Dragons. They got no Dragon Glass. They got no wildfire. Plus those old Maesters were pretty condescending to Samwell Tarley. They would be essentially helpless and not expecting it. They could wipe out the Citadel, a necessary step to bring about permawinter, and Oldtown is the 2nd most populous city in Westeros. The new undead soldiers I conscript there would be orders of magnitude more in number to the sum I sacrifice at Winterfell.

The only hypothetical problem with this is Oldtown is a fucking hike from where they are at, which would take a little creative license.

Bran is in Winterfell so that is where they will attack.

I figure he fulfilled his purpose last season, being part of the little expedition north of the wall.

But maybe you’re right since that expedition itself accomplished literally nothing since Cersei et al did not join the fight against the Dead.
the expedition accomplished something, it gave the Night King his dragon.

Bran is in Winterfell so that is where they will attack.

Perhaps. But why attack a prepared army with Dragons now with only 100,000, when they can hit a defenseless Oldtown First and then attack with 500,000.

low IQ reply. All of us bitch about how the quality of writing and dialogue on the show has declined since they ran out of source material. It is known. It is also known that D&D thrive on shock. That's why they consider the Red Wedding to be the high point of the show to this day. This is their chance to relive that.

And yet you replied with a low IQ respond. The Red Wedding was written by who again? D&D won't get a chance to relive any shock unless it comes from dumbass fanboys/girls. It's expected that characters will die, so where's the shock.

Theon, Brienne, Tormund, Beric, Greyworm, Pod, Jorah, ghost and raegal

Perhaps. But why attack a prepared army with Dragons now with only 100,000, when they can hit a defenseless Oldtown First and then attack with 500,000.

Oldtown is on the other side of the continent. Makes no sense at all to attack there when they are literally right at Winterfell.

Oldtown is on the other side of the continent. Makes no sense at all to attack there when they are literally right at Winterfell.

Meh. It's maybe 2000 miles from Winterfell to Oldtown. It's 600 miles or so from the wall to Winterfell. Did not really take them that long.

And yet you replied with a low IQ respond. The Red Wedding was written by who again? D&D won't get a chance to relive any shock unless it comes from dumbass fanboys/girls. It's expected that characters will die, so where's the shock.
not only are you low in IQ, you are also low in intuition and social awareness. Seek help.

Definitely Theon, Grey Worm, Beric Dondarrion and Gendry.

Probably Tormund, Edd, Ghost, Jamie or Brienne.

Realistically, probably Podrick too, but I'm not okay with that.

Tyrion survives, Jon and Dany both survive, The Hound survives(because Cleganebowl), Sansa and Arya survive.

Ser Davos better survive, or I will lose my shit.
I think Davos dies this season, hope not tho

Theon, Jorah, Greyworm, Missandei, Tormund, Beric, Ghost, Pod, Maybe Brienne.

Jaime will kill Cersei. He’s not going anywhere IMO
I do think he survives Winterfell and has some kind of 'reunion' with Cersei at King's Landing. Although I don't think he has it in him to kill his own sister/ex-lover. Cersei is more likely to kill Jamie imo, or he dies in flames trying to protect her.

Theon will get together with Sansa. You people know nothing.

Gendry will die. He has made a bunch of dragonwhatever weapons and impregnated Arya* with Baratheon seed. His job is done (Melisandre will go after Arya and her baby).

Varys has fuckall left to do. He's out of the show at first chance. Good thing for him he's safe in that crypt with all those corpses....

Seriously though, I know the above are long odds.

Last edited:
I feel like Theon, Greyworm, and Briane are locks to die.

I'm taking those three for sure in my work place death pool. I also think Jorah is a lock. And I don't see both dragons surviving....

Back