Game of Death(Lifts) 2013 Comp.

Team brocep curl! Is prepared for you guys to even use my Avatar as our mascot.

Last edited:
Yeah, all over creating a DL comp which allows straps but bans sumo. Embarrassing, really.

Ah well.

Hey, I didn't see you stepping up to start the 2013 Comp. In any case it's a moot point, as Sumo is allowed.

KT beat me to the punch. I was planning on starting a bench comp this time.

Bow to your Sensei!:icon_twis

Can't do both?

I'd rather keep this a Deathlifts comp and run one for either Bench or SOHP when this one finishes. But if enough people want to add Bench or and Overhead Lift, it's not a deal breaker for me.

How about dead lift and press?

Now that you say that, I think I got it wrong.

We did a deadlift and bench comp one time and a squat and overhead anyway comp. Personally I think two lift comps are more fun, and that's the main reason we do these comps anyway.

We should have at least one comp that is Bench and strict curl. The total Sherdog Bro-down!

TheeFualted, I will set up the Come At Me Bro! Comp for 4th July next year.:D

I'm happy to add Military or Push-Press to the Game of Death(lifts)as long as we keep the incredibly cool name I've chosen.:cool::icon_chee

Last edited:
TheeFualted, I will set that up the Come At Me Bro! Comp for 4th July next year.:D

I'm happy to add Military or Push-Press to the Game of Death(lifts)as long as we keep the incredibly cool name I've chosen.:cool::icon_chee

+1 for adding press. A couple questions. Who chooses the members for every team and how are they picked up?

I would LIKE to compete, but given my lifting focus and me not knowing what my school/work schedule will be like next semester. I really can't guarantee gains near like I have gotten in the last 2 comps (near 100lbs in each). I would probably be deadlifting every other week.

My max right now is 405.

Don't worry about it. Looking at some of the Starting Maxes, I don't anticipate massive gains; this won't be another Squatr Bowl, with Team's totaling several hundred pounds of improvement.

Another reason for adding Military Press, perhaps, to make it more interesting...

my lifts go down, I can't even move my starting weight, I don't contribute to my team, I feel bad.

I would love to participate, but I also feel bad as I got injured at the end of the current comp and probably won't be able to hit any PR's whatsoever. Does sound fun though.

Also, if someone was being serious about a bench of a bench/curl competition, I'd be all over that. I haven't benched with any frequency in around two years; it might actually be good for me.

+1 for adding press. A couple questions. Who chooses the members for every team and how are they picked up?

Once all the names of those wishing to take part are collected, Captains are nominated or volunteer. The number of Captains depends on how many people are in the Comp.

Captains then agree a time to Draft their Teams. A new Thread is started and only the Captains post in it. They all take turns picking a Teammate. This goes on until everyone has been Drafted into a Team.

I would like to but i dont think theres any way for me to give a true 1RM right now

plus i cant max atm because of my back

i am disappoint :(

Sorry to hear it, man. Rest up and put your name down for the Come At Me, Bro! comp I'll have up and running for 4th July(Bench and Strict Curlz :icon_lol:)

KT, learn to multiquote so you dont get dubbed.

I would love to participate, but I also feel bad as I got injured at the end of the current comp and probably won't be able to hit any PR's whatsoever. Does sound fun though.

Also, if someone was being serious about a bench of a bench/curl competition, I'd be all over that. I haven't benched with any frequency in around two years; it might actually be good for me.

Teddy, I will set up a Bench and Curlz Comp for next year. It shall be called the Come At Me, Bro! comp and start on 7/4/13.:cool:

Teddy, I will set up a Bench and Curlz Comp for next year. It shall be called the Come At Me, Bro! comp and start on 7/4/13.:cool:

Word. And fuck it; I'll be in for this comp too! But I am an admittedly risky draft pick.

Heaviest recent pull is: 425.

Damn! Nearly 50 competitors in less than 24 hours!:eek:

Teddy, if you want to wait until nearer the start to try for a 1 RM that reflects your current abilities, I'm fine with that.

Damn! Nearly 50 competitors in less than 24 hours!:eek:

Teddy, if you want to wait until nearer the start to try for a 1 RM that reflects your current abilities, I'm fine with that.

That's my best pull in 3 or 4 years! So, it's good. :cool:

Back