Game of Death(Lifts) 2013 Comp.

YESSSS...in! I plan to do a lot of work for my deadlift this year.

I think when it comes to sumo vs. conventional, people should be able to choose which one they want to do. They must start with that style and end with it. That's what has been done in the past.

I can't imagine any serious contributor to F13 Being against competing strapless.

I've amended the Rules in the first post. I take it you have no objection to Knee/Elbow Sleeves and Belts?

Even having a discussion on whether or not to ban sumo would be absurd.

Mind = blown that some people even give thought to sumo vs. conventional as if one is somehow lesser of a deadlift.

Even having a discussion on whether or not to ban sumo would be absurd.

Mind = blown that some people even give thought to sumo vs. conventional as if one is somehow lesser of a deadlift.

I've never pulled Sumo, so I put it our there for the more experienced Lifters, like yourself, to make the decision. If there are no objections, I'm fine with people Pulling either way.

Do you wish to compete, Cratos?

I'm in. It's my best lift, and I get lazy about it sometimes since I don't have to bust my as to improve. This should be very motivating.

Im interested but havent done anything like this before. How does this work?

How recent does a max have to be to count as the starting point? Would a max taken in October count?

Im interested but havent done anything like this before. How does this work?

1)You must give a Starting Max before the Competition begins(1st January).

2)You will be picked by a Team Captain during the Draft.

3)If your Starting Max for the Deadlift is 140kg, for example, and six months later you post a video of yourself Deadlifting 160kg, then your total improvement is 20kg, which will be added to your Team's total.

How recent does a max have to be to count as the starting point? Would a max taken in October count?

If that's the last time you did a 1 Rep Max, it's fine by me. To a certain extent, these Comps run on the Honor System. We don't get too paranoid about people sandbagging. Or where does it end? We start demanding that everyone who posts a PR can prove the weight on the Bar is what he claims?

I am in this motherfucker! 200 Kg starting number, just pulled that a few days ago

Also, KT you are all over the team comps, love it!

That reminds me I better get an android phone with video before the 25th.

I am in this motherfucker! 200 Kg starting number, just pulled that a few days ago

Also, KT you are all over the team comps, love it!

Thanks man!:icon_chee

Added your name(and starting max).

1)You must give a Starting Max before the Competition begins(1st January).

2)You will be picked by a Team Captain during the Draft.

3)If your Starting Max for the Deadlift is 140kg, for example, and six months later you post a video of yourself Deadlifting 160kg, then your total improvement is 20kg, which will be added to your Team's total.

OK count me in

I'm out. Based on experience to date, its too hard for me to stay injury free for 6 months. My body stops working, my lifts go down, I can't even move my starting weight, I don't contribute to my team, I feel bad.

I'm pretty excited. I think I'll just take a new max after my work sets next week and record it anyway. Just to get in the spirit of competition.

Back