Game Bar update

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by Drain Bamage, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Drain Bamage Guitar God 420

2. method115 Titanium Belt

I’m wondering when they plan on integrating game pass with it. No reason I shouldn’t be able to launch and close games from there.

3. Drain Bamage Guitar God 420

Indeed. I wish all Xbox on PC functions could be handled directly from the gamebar without the other apps. It would be super clean that way. As it is right now I have 3 Xbox apps: Gamebar, Xbox, Xbox Console Companion.

4. method115 Titanium Belt

Yea they need to integrate all that. When I was trying to get game pass to work it would not work until I downloaded and signed into some other Xbox app it made no sense. It’s great the Xbox is recommitting to PC but they have some work to do. Also I’m tired of having to accept some app to get info on my account every time I launch a new game.

just lots of little things ms needs to do that would greatly enhance the whole experience of using their store/ui.

Drain Bamage likes this.
  5. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

I thought the Xbox Console Companion was superseded by the new Xbox app? What feature does that one offer the new Xbox app doesn't provide?

6. Drain Bamage Guitar God 420

That's what I thought too but when I uninstalled the Console Companion I suddenly wasn't able to play Forza anymore. It reverted back to "Syncing Data....0%" and just stuck there. Might have just been coincidence but now I'm scared to uninstall any of them. Windows 10 installs both by default so I just leave it. I'm learning to just leave things alone with Windows 10 if I don't want problems.

7. Hyperglide Tell Apathy

I just recently got a notification for this on my laptop. I can now send messages through there instead now. Pretty dope.

Drain Bamage likes this.
  8. dAfTiE Brown Belt

Yeah, better integration would be nice. I don't really get why they don't either put the console companion stuff into the xbox app, or put the game pass library management stuff into a tab in the store.
    It all feels a bit disjointed still.
    And I'm probably in the minority but I actually miss the option to stream from the game bar. I don't stream for real, but it was nice to show friends a dumb build in path of exile or some shit without having to fuck around with OBS or whatever.

method115 likes this.