Gamboa, Angulo, plus Kirkland Tonight on HBO

Kirkland needs to fight an in shape Mayorga. Somehow I see him as being overhyped. Fighters who look great offensively, usually do get more hype than fighters who are solid all around. What happens when his opponent doesn't fall? He has also been tagged, down and hurt so he is anything but invincible. Time will tell. And yeah, Anne Wolfe is one woman that would scare the shit outta me in a fight. Wonder if she has retired?
Gamboa looks good, but way too cocky for my taste. The way he fights with his hands down etc is just asking to get tagged. He didn't look to be hurt on the punch that dropped him, but did anyone else notice his legs seemed to go stiff once or twice on good punches after the knockdown, and that is Jimenez hitting him, not someone with big power.

When Kirkland goes down, it won't be against a guy like Mayorga. Mayorga, IMHO, was never that dangerous at 154.

I wish to welcome everyone to the James Kirkland bandwagon, enjoy the ride.

I wish to welcome everyone to the James Kirkland bandwagon, enjoy the ride.

prepare for it to be derailed when he steps up to the world championship class. He is over agressive and will get cought be an elite fighter in my opinion.

prepare for it to be derailed when he steps up to the world championship class. He is over agressive and will get cought be an elite fighter in my opinion.

I can't wait for Kirkland to get that test, it will take a highly skilled boxer with an iron chin to beat Kirkland.

I read the reports of the fight and it sounded like Kirkland did well. Just a good card where some prospects got tested instead of getting cans.

I can't wait for Kirkland to get that test, it will take a highly skilled boxer with an iron chin to beat Kirkland.

I think Forrest, phillips, spinks, ouma, alcine, julio, foremen and maybe others would beat him or at least certainly test the shit out of him.

I want to see it too. I think he needs it at this stage as his confidence is sky high after the destruction of albert.

I think Forrest, phillips, spinks, ouma, alcine, julio, foremen and maybe others would beat him or at least certainly test the shit out of him.

I want to see it too. I think he needs it at this stage as his confidence is sky high after the destruction of albert.

Ouma is washed up and would get creamed.

Foreman can box and would be running the whole fight, I think Kirkland catches him with a vicious KO

Julio doesn't have great defense but he can crack and Kirkland doesn't have the best chin either, this is a dream fight, I hope HBO makes it happen this summer

Ouma is washed up and would get creamed.

Foreman can box and would be running the whole fight, I think Kirkland catches him with a vicious KO

Julio doesn't have great defense but he can crack and Kirkland doesn't have the best chin either, this is a dream fight, I hope HBO makes it happen this summer

i agree the julio fight would be a great scrap.

I think ouma has enough in the tank to withstand kirklands initial attack and then his preasure would wear kirkland down and not allow him to regain his stamina.

I need to see Kirkland a few more times before I hop on the wagon here...

Gamboa- over 400 amatuer fights? Damn, thats a lot of fights! He should have defected long ago!!

I see both Forrest and Phillips getting KOed early. Spinks has a better chance of running around to pot shot Kirkland, but honestly... He has not title now and no one, I mean no one wants to see him fight (I doubt his handlers want to put him in there against spinks). Ouma, unfortunately, is going through a downward spiral. He has... Maybe HAD a good chin, but he is there to be hit against Kirkland and he has no pop. Kirkland wrecks him. Alcine, like I said earlier, has a chance because I believe he can weather the storm and drown him. Julio and Kirkland would be a great fucking fight. Toss up because someone is going to go out and go out early. Foreman? He can box, but I doubt he will survive the onslaught.

But let's throw in another champ (Dzinziruk). Dzinziruk has really good boxing skills. I see him beating Kirkland decisively. However, Kirkland has a puncher's chance.

*Oh Vernon is his prime would wreck Kirkland, but his shoulder is crap and he be old.*

The division is really weak right now.

But Gawd... Kirkland has been boxing long enough for him to take on a really high contender. The Julio fight would be the greatest fight I could think of at 154. Gawd, I hope it happens. If it happens this year I would so happy. But I wonder if his handlers would do it... 0_o

why is everyone talking about gamboa, when he didn't look that good? yeah he does have great skills, hes fast, hes strong but he's chin is at best questionable. if this guy fights A level fighters the way he fought jimenez he will get KO'ed the fcuk out. the fighter with the most potential (atleast to me) we saw that night was Angulo. he looked great!! hes a former olympian so we dont have to question his amatuer pedegrie. he showed a good chin, great composure and hearth agaisn't gutierrez. he has good power in both hands and a great body attack, which to me was the main reason he won his last fight. i just rewatched the fight, an saw that the main reason he was able to hurt gutierrez up top was cause gutierrez didn't want to het hit in the body. ANGULO will be A FUTURE WORLD CHAMP.

Forrest gets KOed early by Kirkland? Are you guys fucking NUTS!?

WTF? Linares is a proven Fighter on the World Level. I swear one group of writers hype a guy and everyone buys it.

Every liability Yuri has plays into Linares' best attributes.

linares didn't look brilliant for a long time in his last fight and his biggest fight to date is Oscar Larios who has been through more wars than america in the last 10 years . he's not the same fighter he was a super bantent in the early 2000's

lets not forget this was yuri's 10th fight and he won all but 2 rounds .

linares has only really beaten linarnes who has a question mark over him too , the other fights he's beaten are no better than the fighters gamboa's beaten

it too early to write gamboa out , way too early . linarnes and gamboa are both the future ,

Just wanted to throw my two cents in on this card. I've watched Gamboa and Angulo's fights. Gamboa did enough to win, but has work to do to beat the elite-level guys. Angulo looked good until Gutierrez caught him in the fifth. After that, Angulo did well to recover. Not sure about the stoppage, though. It may have been a bit premature.

Man. I just watched the Kirkland fight. He looked pretty dang good to me.

Back