Gamboa, Angulo, plus Kirkland Tonight on HBO

bostonmma

Gold Belt
Reaction score
Yuriorkis Gamboa 128.8 vs Darling Jimenez 131
Alfredo Angulo 154 vs Richard Gutierrez 152
James Kirkland 154 vs Eromosele Albert 152.5

Great card of rising stars tonight headlined by the best prospect in boxing. Gamboa is a gold ****l Cuban defector who only has had 9 fights but already he has made quite a name for himself. He is a very agressive guy who goes for the knock out, and he should destroy the tough vet Jimenez in 6 rounds. Angulo is a Shobox favorite and former Mexican Olympian he has looked good but he is in for a very tough test in the once beaten Gutierrez, this will be a close fight and many are picking Gutierrez in the upset. Opening things up is one of my favorites James Kirkland. What a beast at 154, all of his shots have bad intentions and he looks like a future champ. It has been hard to find opponents for him, and I don't think Albert will last too long. Fights start at 9:45 this will be a great card to watch the future stars of boxing.

Kirkland might lose hid '0' tomorrow. That kid has almost no idea how to defend himself and I worry about his chin. Have you ever seen Albert fight before?

No, I don't know much about Albert other than his record and bad boy nickname. Kirkland is an offensive fighter and has had bad training habits, plus he did spend a year in jain, but the guy is a mean punching machine and I don't think Albert will be the one to expose him.

He reminds me of a black, 154 pound Juan Urango, quite frankly.

Mickey Bey Jr SC Jorge Pimentel
Chris Avalos SC Alvaro Muro

2 more bouts for the undercard.

If Albert fights like Urango then we are in for a hell of a fight.

Gamboa is really being hyped. I hope he doesn't dissapoint on his HBO debut.

lol Boston I'm surprised you don't know about Albert. He was only the Captain of the Nigerian Olympic Team that Samuel Peter fought on. He's in excellent condition (though he had a tremendous knot on his head all week that I hope went down by now), and hits like a truck.

It should be a good Fight, Albert looked good in the Gym all week.

Also I don't think Yuri will destroy Darling, if he does, I won't be surprised, but Darling's not the kind of guy who gets walked through.

Mickey Bey Jr SC Jorge Pimentel
Chris Avalos SC Alvaro Muro

2 more bouts for the undercard.

If Albert fights like Urango then we are in for a hell of a fight.

Kirkland = Urango

Albert has beaten Johnathan Banks and Daniel Edourd, but he has never gotten a big tv showcase. It's good to know that he had a decent amateur career and has some top trainers.

Like I said before, they are in there with live bodies. I have a feeling Angulo will lose tonight.

482x316_07.jpg

Gamboa comes in @ 128.8 and Jimenez comes in at 131

482x316_04.jpg

Angulo comes in @ 154 and Gutierrez comes in @ 152

482x316_01.jpg

Kirkland comes in at 154 and Albert @ 152.5

Wat the hell is wrong with that dude's head?

He got his nog bumped and that's from yesterday. Doubt that Rahman SIZE bump has went down.

Yeah this one's definately getting cancelled unless they find a willing 154-pounder in the crowd to take his place.

Am I tripping or does Gutierrez have his chest hair in a cross?

No way theyre gonna let him START the fight like that.

Back