GAMBIT Movie (Gore Verbinski No Longer Directing; Lizzy Caplan Joins Cast)

Fuck, I actually wanted to see it. Gambit is a pretty damn cool bastard. They wouldnt have needed to make it so big, just make a great story and the movie would have been awesome. I guess haters got what they wanted.
From May 29 quote from https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2019...le-man-and-gambit-after-disneys-fox-takeover/ "X-Men: Dark Phoenix director Simon Kinberg has confirmed that reshoots are still planned for spin-off The New Mutants and said the likes of Gambit and Multiple Manare not quite dead yet."
And from what I read it's wise to remove Gambit from schedule since filming isn't even started yet and movie was scheduled to be released in March.

Its actually a shame that this movie can't seem to get off the ground. Gambit has one of the better X-Men backstories overall, with lots of potential for enemies and cameos. But for whatever reason people hate on him, and I just don't get why.

Well don’t so much mind the movie being canceled as I feel MCU has its own vision and I trust that. Feel bad for Tatum though but who knows, maybe he ends up with a marvel role in some capacity.

That said, new wave of X-Men movies needs, in my opinion-

Mr. Sinister

Gambit

And a non-marginalized version of Cyclops

And I’ll be happy. I think MCU will do a great job with the casting and I’m looking forward to see whom they get.
and a proper Rogue

and a proper Rogue
A gambit movie is a perfect way to introduce a different and more faithful version of her too especially as the previous actor that played Gambit isn't going to be playing him again. Well, it's unlikely anyway.

Back