Elections Gallup poll shows largest increase in Democratic Party affiliation in a decade

Don't all the stats and research show that republicans are generally less educated?
They do, and the republican base's education level decreased exponentially over the past 5 years. Facts don't care about @Proud American 's feelings

It's a shame in this country the question has to be... Which one of these two parties do you affiliate with. Politics as a team sport where you have to affiliate with a party that consists of such a massive range of beliefs.

That’s why you don’t import low IQ individuals by the millions.
You’re 100% correct. We’ve already got enough low IQ individuals in this country, they’re called Republicans.

You’re 100% correct. We’ve already got enough low IQ individuals in this country, they’re called Republicans.

shouldn't you be out protesting for BLM? you guys make any progress with that yet?

Most immigrants vote Democrat.

And yet a huge portion of these immigrants are conservative and could be an untapped resource for a restructured Republican party. Too bad all the xenophobia gets in the way.

In 2020 Joe Biden won 45 of the 50 most educated counties in the United States and won the most educated county in the United States with 83% of the vote, in addition the counties he won represent over 70% of the United States GDP, the counties Trump won 29% of GDP.

It's so easy to knock down silly ass right wing talking points.
Somebody with a masters in gender studies is considered more educated then somebody in the trades. "Education" is not a measure of intelligence

It's a shame in this country the question has to be... Which one of these two parties do you affiliate with. Politics as a team sport where you have to affiliate with a party that consists of such a massive range of beliefs.

Voting for a party doesn't mean that you agree with everything they do; just that you prefer them to the other one. Voting isn't about personal expression of your unique and interesting self; it's about making important decisions for society.

Voting for a party doesn't mean that you agree with everything they do; just that you prefer them to the other one. Voting isn't about personal expression of your unique and interesting self; it's about making important decisions for society.
People should be voting based off an individuals platform and individual issues, not based off of the party they represent. Some do, most don't. I'd be okay with getting rid of political parties tomorrow.

People should be voting based off an individuals platform and individual issues, not based off of the party they represent. Some do, most don't. I'd be okay with getting rid of political parties tomorrow.
In Canada you vote within your community, not for the PM. I've voted liberal and conservative multiple times. Mainly because individual ideas vary and effect me in different ways .

But on important policy issues, there's a one-to-one relationship between that and party affiliation for legislators. You might want to live in a world where every candidate is unique, and voters have to study them all individually to decide which is best, but in the world we do live in, you can predict 90%-plus of a legislator's votes by what party they're in, and closer to 100% of them on significant national issues. So if you care about policy, the important thing is what party has majorities.

Not surprising on the heels of the Trump administration.

But it'll all swing back like a pendulum I'm sure.

Back