Gall Was Set Up To Fail Twice By The UFC...

...and he went 2-0, while derailing two hype trains in the process.

I'm really starting to like this kid.

The guy can fight. He really can.
If he was set up to fail he wouldn't have been matched up with 2 opponents with zero ground game, one of them making his MMA debut. You couldn't be more incorrect if you tried.

Gall shows why the UFC is better off using Silva and Shelby as matchmakers and not who the fighters call out.
He was a terrible opponent for the $500k Phil Brooks and a pretty bad one for Sage. If he got a fight with Hardy he's pretty terrible for Hardy too.
Gall is great at calling out fighters he's likely to beat.

Hardy knocks his head clean off coming off the couch

Can't imagine a better start to a UFC career.

Well done.

...and he went 2-0, while derailing two hype trains in the process.

I'm really starting to like this kid.

The guy can fight. He really can.

Anybody who thought Gall was going to lose to CM Punk is dumb as a pig's fart.

No he definitely was set up to fail.

I'm not saying that it made sense Punk would win, but they wanted someone young and inexperienced as the opponent for Punk.
no he wasnt set up to fail. Anyone who was fighting punk had an advatage over him. All cards stacked against him.Young? better than punk. inexperienced? still more experience than punk. He called out sage himself. There is no setup to fail.

Actually its the opposite : Gall set the UFC to fail twice.
Made it believe like he could lose while actually was a heavy favorite. Punk was an old man with no punch or athleticism, no ground skills whatsoever, and Northcutt is just a great athlete with little ground game and easy to break.

Isn't the UFC supposed to be the superbowl of MMA? They aren't supposed to build up 1-0 prospects like Mickey Gall before his first fight at UFC Fight Night 82.

Gall was brought in because the UFC needed a low level fighter for the likes of CM Punk. Zuffa at the time was hurting because Lesnar left and liked the attention that CM Punk brought with him. Whether or not they were desperate to try anything or willing to dabble with no-experience-needed celebrity fighters at the cost of discrediting their brand name, Gall wasn't brought in to win.
Low level fighter? The dude is a legit brown belt, and has had a boxing trainer for years. CM Punk? Come on man. We all know what happened here. Dana already said it himself he asked for an opportunity because they were friends, and he gave them one. He wouldn't of gone of the way to let him fight of that reality tv show just to have him get beat up by a guy who had basically no martial arts training up until that point. They wanted to use CM Punk's star power to create another start in the sport. It's pretty black and white in my eyes.

Back