Gall Was Set Up To Fail Twice By The UFC...

They could have found much easier match-ups if they wanted Sage and Phillip to win that badly.

I don't think they care as much as people think.

Everyone loses and they'll promote who they want to promote regardless.

Of course they care. That's why there is that UFC Brady Bunch photo of Dana with Ronda, Conor, Sage and Paige.

There's a lot of money on the line in this stuff.

That's why I'm so happy that Gall blew up the Punk and Sage hype trains, even though I like Punk and Sage.

He punked the UFC's plans. Just like Paige losing in her hometown punked them tonight.

I love it.

A hype train is someone who is hyped. They don't have to be good. Like Sage or Paige. It only implies that people have bought (or want to buy) the hype, whether that hype is warranted or not.

Gall beat two people whom the UFC hoped would defeat him. I like that.

I guess he deserves props for winning and maximizing the amount of exposure he can receive while still being very green.

But that's like a high school bully beating up the star of the drama club and the most popular kid in band. Yeah, you beat up people more popular than you and now people are saying your name, but they are still easy fights.

Gall has been given the easiest three fight win streak in UFC history.

This is not an exaggeration.you cannot find three worse fighters on the roster

sage isnt shit lol. hes just a true white or yellow belt in jitsu going against a tough kid who is a near legit black belt. thats what happens

No he definitely was set up to fail.

I'm not saying that it made sense Punk would win, but they wanted someone young and inexperienced as the opponent for Punk.
The opponent had to be relatively inexperienced, or they wouldn't be able to book the fight.

I guess he deserves props for winning and maximizing the amount of exposure he can receive while still being very green.

But that's like a high school bully beating up the leader of the drama club and the most popular kid in band. Yeah, you beat up people more popular than you and now people are saying your name, but they are still easy fights.

You're right. But basically he talked himself into two fights HE knew he could win, but the UFC thought he had a real chance to lose.

It's just great. He basically got himself over at the expense of two UFC hype trains. I think that's hilarious, and brilliant.

I'll say this about Gall:

- He's tough
- He isn't afraid
- He is a pretzel if he gets a hold of you

He has plenty of room to grow. But the kid has "it." And he can fight.
I agree, but if he gets better opponents than Sage for his next fights, and losses, his momentum would be crushed and he may never reach his full potential, I like his confidence, but don't run before you can walk.

I agree, but if he gets better opponents than Sage for his next fights, and losses, his momentum would be crushed and he may never reach his full potential, I like his confidence, but don't run before you can walk.

ha ha I was just thinking the same thing. Like "now I've pumped him up and he'll go on a 3-fight losing streak now."

We'll see.

I'm not saying that it made sense Punk would win, but they wanted someone young and inexperienced as the opponent for Punk.
No, he definitely was not set up to fail.

The reason they wanted someone young and inexperienced for Punk is because PUNK HAS NO PREVIOUS FIGHTS. What do you expect? Why would they match someone completely green against a grizzled veteran? That's not setting anyone up to fail, that's just common sense matchmaking. And Gall was still the massive, massive favorite on paper, and UFC knew it too.

No, he definitely was not set up to fail.

Nope, you're wrong.

UFC wanted both Punk and Sage to win. Thus, Gall was being set up to fail.

UFC doesn't make the matches unless they think there's a solid chance Gall loses them.

But, against the script, he won them both. And he gets over while the two hype trains go off the tracks.

{<BJPeen}

Gall was in the minors two fights ago and has since called out two of the more popular fighters, Punk & Sage, and pretty much wrecked them both while showcasing a solid mma skillset each time. I'm convinced Mickey Gall is the real deal.

Nope, you're wrong.

UFC wanted both Punk and Sage to win. Thus, Gall was being set up to fail.

UFC doesn't make the matches unless they think there's a solid chance Gall loses them.

But, against the script, he won them both. And he gets over while the two hype trains go off the tracks.

{<BJPeen}
Nope, you're wrong. Your entire argument is based on you trying to mind read what the UFC execs hold in their heart of hearts. Unless you show some proof, you're full of shit.

Gall was in the minors two fights ago and has since called out two of the more popular fighters, Punk & Sage, and pretty much wrecked them both while showcasing a solid mma skillset each time. I'm convinced Mickey Gall is the real deal.

I totally agree. I really believe in this kid now.

He has plenty to work on, but he is a true fighter.

Nope, you're wrong. Your entire argument is based on you trying to mind read what the UFC execs hold in their heart of hearts. Unless you show some proof, you're full of shit.

You are wrong and I am done responding to you in this thread.

His choice of words was confusing, but he's just saying the UFC picked him hoping he'd lose.

A brown belt in BJJ with two professional wins already under his belt... I mean, he might not be the most experienced MMA guy around, but those two things alone made him a whole hell of a lot more experienced than Punk. Not to mention he'd been training this stuff since he was a kid, whereas CM Punk had done absolutely nothing combat-related in his life. Punk didn't even play sports in fucking high school for crying out loud.

I think Gall vs Barberena makes perfect sense, even though Barberena lost. They've given Sage his only 2 losses and Barberena is known as a prospect killer. The perfect test

I think they also wanted a young guy, with some level of skill, so if he beat CM Punk they could market him.

A brown belt in BJJ with a professional win already under his belt... I mean, he might not be the most experienced MMA guy around, but those two things alone made him a whole hell of a lot more experienced than Punk. Not to mention he's been training this stuff since he was a kid, whereas CM Punk has done absolutely nothing combat-related in his life.

Of course. But Gall wasn't the guy getting paid $500K by the UFC for his first pro fight.

I'm not saying Punk or Sage was better than Gall (obviously they weren't), but the UFC was hoping Gall lost those fights.

I'm thrilled for Gall, and I actually like both Punk and Sage.

Good for him.

Back