Gall vs Hardy

KenstaBoy

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He called out Hardy tonight, who hasn't fought since 2012. I would love to see Hardy own this kid, but I highly doubt he'd be able to do it with that much ring rust and age, especially having to cut to 155 lbs. I'd still like to see it happen. What do you guys think?

I think Gall would work Hardy. The game has evolved and I can't see Hardy stopping Gall from controlling him on the ground too.

That was a shit call out. Even if Hardy does come back, he's calling out a guy that would have died if he kept fighting, and that was known to have no ground game. I'd rather see Perry vs. Hardy, and Gall fight someone that has some ground game.

That was a shit call out. Even if Hardy does come back, he's calling out a guy that would have died if he kept fighting, and that was known to have no ground game. I'd rather see Perry vs. Hardy, and Gall fight someone that has some ground game.
I think you're right. He said that he's a huge fan of Hardy, but I don't see very genuine intentions from this kid. I think he sees it as a bad match for Hardy, as he did with CM Punk and Sage. Hardy can barely get a medical clearance to fight and the cut to 155 will be tough on Dan. I do think Gall is going the smart route by taking on big names that he can beat, but I think the whole "I'm a fan of Hardy and that's why I want to fight him" is really BS. For that reason, I would love to see him get beat by an old man, with ring rust. But I realistically, I just don't see that happening. I think Gall would have his way with Hardy.

He called out Hardy tonight, who hasn't fought since 2012. I would love to see Hardy own this kid, but I highly doubt he'd be able to do it with that much ring rust and age, especially having to cut to 155 lbs. I'd still like to see it happen. What do you guys think?
Heavily biased I think if Hardy gets cleared he either KO's or wins by decision. I don't think he has ever stopped training. And it's Dan Hardy punching Gall in the face with great boxing fundamentals and excellent submission defense.

Heavily biased I think if Hardy gets cleared he either KO's or wins by decision. I don't think he has ever stopped training. And it's Dan Hardy punching Gall in the face with great boxing fundamentals and excellent submission defense.
I hope you're right. I would love to see Hardy take it to this kid.

He's got the gall to call out Hardy?

I hope you're right. I would love to see Hardy take it to this kid.
The real thing is he isn't being cleared because of the diagnosis of Wolf-Parkinson-White syndrome and even though he said he doesn't know where the sport is....I'm pretty sure he has been training all along and who is to say he hasn't been evolving?

Gall's standup is rubbish (yeah, yeah, he caught Sage. But that won't happen often.) Would be humorous to see him KO'd by a guy that retired 4 yrs ago after calling him out post fight.

I personally want Gall vs Lando. Two up n comers who both have potential.

Gall's standup is rubbish (yeah, yeah, he caught Sage. But that won't happen often.) Would be humorous to see him KO'd by a guy that retired 4 yrs ago after calling him out post fight.
Dan Hardy would take his soul if cleared. I like to think he has been training this whole time and will actually be improved. I have never heard he stopped training???? Also like Cruz said becoming an analyst helped him become a better fighter....

he should call out penn
I think Penn would school him. Gall is a grappler and BJJ should be one area Penn is still very good.

I have little faith in Penn anymore but I doubt Gall would ever call him out. Just not a good matchup for him.

Or is that what you were getting at?

I personally want Gall vs Lando. Two up n comers who both have potential.
Okay I think there is a reason Gall didn't call out Lando but yeah book that lol. Also Lando is not really the average "up n comer".

Gall is a cherry picker. Ufc needs to stop with that
Yes he is a smart strategic cherry picker. Lando would murder him without breaking a sweat or seeming interested. Really Lando can skip the buildup give him someone top 10 now IMO.

Back