Gainzzz of Thrones

10/10 for content. Good shit.

I just wanna make it fun. My lifts are mediocre at best, so nothing to look at there, but boobs and hot chicks? Oh yeah.

Day 7
1/15/15

In tonight's episode of Gainzzz of Thrones
"There's Dumbassery Afoot"

Before I get started, does anyone else experience dumb, random shit happening just before you train? I workout after I get off work, which is around 1am. So I go into the basement, all the light bulbs blow. Hmm, I say, and curse you Zeus. Go upstairs to get light bulbs, and of course there's not one in the house. Going to Wal-mart or getting ladders out to replace the light bulbs would take too damn long. So again, I missed another lower body day.

All that, made me want to do this
1402435164289295_animate.gif

So I added in my speed squats I missed yesterday into today's sessions.

Speed Squats (65%-1 minute rest) - 180 x 6 x 3

Speed Bench - 140 x 6 x 3

Bench Press - 190 x 8, 190 x 7, 190 x 6*

Barbell Curl - 95 x 8, 95 x 9, 95 x 9

Skullcrushers - 45 x 3**, 35 x 15, 35 x 12

Hammer Curl - 50 x 10, 50 x 9, 50 x 10

Close Grip Bench - 165 x 8, 165 x 8, 165 x 9

*Didn't intend on pyramiding the weights there, but I kept one rep in the tank and that's how they fell*

**Left elbow said, "hey, that hurts." And the skullcrusher nearly lived up to its name. Dropped weight, elbow said, "thank you, bitch."

That's it for tonight. Not unhappy, but not overjoyed either.

But here's something that will make everyone happy. I hope they're legal.

CpkWF2i.jpg

Not that anyone cares, but I wanted to give an update on my log.

Bottom line: anxiety is a bitch! Stay away from energy drinks, my friends. They are so much bad. I'm now on anti-depressants with the hopes my brain will rewire itself back to the way it used to be. I thought anxiety attacks associated with energy drinks was a myth, but nope. Way wrong on that. The anti-depressants are temporary, and the doctor is confident I'll level out soon.

Anyway, I have to give the drugs time to get in my system. So far drawbacks are extreme nervous tension, which makes me cry like a baby, and unable to eat and train. These last few days have been better and I kinda feel halfway normal. I'm hoping to get back lifting starting Monday.

If so, I'll be following 5/3/1 two days a week with conditioning thrown into the mix on non-lifting days. I am excited for that at least.

Having gone through this if anyone wants help or needs some information, please let me know. I don't mind sharing what's been happening.

Monday, here I come.
tumblr_inline_n3in2ww96R1qbygev.gif

Day 1 - Revisited
2/1/15

Ohhhh, it's a reboot, which I guarantee will be better than the original. A two week layoff was not in the plans, but life happens. Roll with the punches and counter like Machida is all you can do.

My new goal is to build some endurance. I got winded the other day carry groceries in the house. So in prep for Tough Mudder, you'll notice that traditional lifting will be two days a week with three days conditioning and one day yoga.

DDP Yoga, bitches. Bang!

yoga3.jpg

Coming off a stomach bug, which has my energy levels about like this.

D8T9aO5.gif

I know my lifts are gonna suffer today, but we move forward because backwards is already in the past.

5/3/1 Two Day Lifting Protocol - Week 1

Squats * - 230 x 5, 230 x 5, 230 x 5

Deadlifts (50% 1rm) - 205 x 10 x 5 **

SSLDL - 235 x 10 ***

*Had planned on working my way up to 250, but still overcoming the sickness, so 230 was it for today. Better than nothing.*

**Holy barbell deadlift Batman! That was a conditioning session in of itself. Almost hurled. Anyone who says the deadlift isn't an all around maximizing lift no matter your goal is a goober.**

***Stiff Legged more than I squatted.....
cersei-laugh-gif.gif

Had to stop after one set, though. Nearly passed out and puked. If I hadn't already done that this past week, I would've went for it. Possibly drank too much water in between sets too.***

Overall, nothing awesome, but being back lifting is reward enough for today. Fitness has always been my quiet storm to help ease my mind. I have no doubts these anxiety issues will fade as I continue to get stronger physically and spiritually.

The road continues onward.

-Playlist-
Monuments, Azalea(not Iggy), Of Mice and Men, Attila, Ne-Yo

Until tomorrow, gents.

Day - 2
2/2/15

Conditioning Day

First and foremost, since I had a two week lay off and yesterday was squat and deadlift day, let's just say DOM da DOM DOM DOM DOOOOOOOOOOOOM! I haven't had Dom's in a minute. I kinda missed the sensation.

Gave me a tingle in me tummy kinda like this.

giphy.gif

Anyway, conditioning. We're going to call this my intro to conditioning. Nothing special or exceedingly hard. Will work my way up.

Bike Intervals
20 seconds 100%

40 seconds 60%

10 total rounds.

Actually feel good about this. I wasn't super winded, so my cardio is better than I first perceived. Next session will get a good bump in intensity.

Tl;Dr
sexydance_djf2ehzm.gif

Day 3
2/4/15

Season 1 - Episode 3 - Gainzzz of Thrones: "Falling off the cliff"

coyote%5B17%5D.gif

Bench Press - 200 x 4, 195 x 5, 195 x 4*

Shoulder Flys - 25 x 10 x 5**

T-Bar Row - 90 x 10, 105 x 10, 115 x 10, 115 x 10, 115 x 10

*My bench fell off the cliff. I'm gonna blame it on the layoff, yeah, yeah, the layoff. I'm not too discouraged. I didn't have it mentally, but that will improve.*

**Found out I can't do military presses. Old injuries from working in masonry for so long have lead to tendinitis. I tried to do 30lbs, but my left arm couldn't get it. I think that'll fix itself once I get involved with yoga."

Yeah, yoga....
sexy-yoga-girl-downward-dog.png

No updates as I've entered

47e64_ORIG-snap_city_design.jpg

I don't know what happened. I was warming up with lighter weight on deadlifts, about thirty pounds shy of my working weight, and my back snapped. I thought my form was on point, and I've never had any weakness show in my lower back. Still recovering from that this week. Seems like setback after setback.

Once this pain subsides, I'll be back. Gonna be working on form and corrective lifting to see if I can figure out what happened.

No updates as I've entered

47e64_ORIG-snap_city_design.jpg

I don't know what happened. I was warming up with lighter weight on deadlifts, about thirty pounds shy of my working weight, and my back snapped. I thought my form was on point, and I've never had any weakness show in my lower back. Still recovering from that this week. Seems like setback after setback.

Once this pain subsides, I'll be back. Gonna be working on form and corrective lifting to see if I can figure out what happened.

tumblr_m0okzjqYwx1qfv0h2o1_500.png

Nightmare, I've snapped my back up a few times during lighter or warmup sets of Deadlifts. Stretch the shit out of your lower back and maybe record yourself lifting, there might be something you haven't noticed with your form.

Day 1 - 3/30/15

im-back.jpg

Not as good as this back

nice-butt-30.png

But we're doing what we can.

After a ridiculously long layoff, I'm back in the gym. Injuries prevented training so over the last few weeks I've been playing around with lifts that don't hurt my shoulder.

This routine is based mostly off Layne Norton's Phat Powerbuilding. I'll be taking it slow for a while.

Yates Row - 205 x 5, 205 x 5, 205 x 8
Inverted Row - 12, 10
Rack Chins - 8, 8
Landmine Chest Press - 95 x 5, 95 x 5, 95 x 10
Chest Dips - 8, 9
Landmine Shoulder Press - 52.5 x 6, 52.5 x 6, 52.5 x 6
T.U.T Curls - 20 x 8, 25 x 8, 30 x 8 (dropset) 25 x 2, 20 x 3
Band Pushdowns - 8, 8, 8 (dropset) 8, 8, 8

Airdyne finisher - 20 work/10 rest intervals - 4 minutes

All in all, not too bad. The only thing that was iffy was the landmine shoulder presses. My left shoulder didn't like the first set, but the others were better.

I'll be trying floor presses later on in the week. Landmine Chest Presses don't aggravate my shoulder at all, so those have been a lifesaver.

Good to be back.

Tl;dr
remygif14.gif

Day 2 - 3/31/15

Squats be giving me the eye of stink, but behold my field of fucks, and lo, see how they are barren.

Squats - 230 x 5, 230 x 5, 230 x 5*

Deadlifts - 350 x 3**

Goblet Squats - 40 x 20, 40 x 20, 40 x 20, 40 x 20

GHR - 10, 10

Calf Raises - 50 x 15, 50 x 15

*First time I've squatted since driving through Snap City. My back was merked, and my shoulder didn't have enough mobility to get into position. Today, everything felt fine. I'm going to limit things that might get in the way of squatting, because I really want to get better at this lift. Goal is 300 by summer.

**Last week, just getting into the swing of things I DL'ed 345 for 5 reps easily. Today, 350 felt heavy as hell, hence only the 3 reps. I'm still being careful with these. I had been watching too much Nick Wright and tried his deadlift form. Didn't work for me. I can't thrust myself into position. I have to squat into it and then lift, like Omar Isuf and Brandon Campbell.

Otherwise, things went well. Speed work and hypertrophy await the rest of the week.

Tl;dr
dOUlc.gif

Last edited:
Day 3 - 4/2/15

It's muscle building day AKA HYPER..........TROPHY

fKwvvUI.gif

Yates Row (Speed Focus - 70% of 205)
145 x 3 x 6 (45 second rest)

*Minute rest on all lifts*

Rack Chins - 12, 9, 8

Inverted Rows - 8, 8, 8

Bucket Rows - 70 x 12, 70 x 12

Assisted Pullup - 12, 12 (Rest-pause reps)

Landmine Press - 50 x 10, 50 x 10, 50 x 10

Upright Row - 75 x 15, 85 x 12

Side Lateral Raise - 12 x 15, 15 x 12, 15 x 8 (drop set), 12 x 4

This stuff is my wheelhouse, so I felt good during all the lifts. Not much to report. Shoulder felt ok. No inflammation or anything. Good times.

Tl;dr

giphy.gif

Day 4 - 4/3/15

Episode 4 "All my bitches be strong as fuck" (Probably stronger than me)

Leg Day
istock_000000468259_l.jpg

Squats (Speed work 70% of 3-5 max)
180 x 3 x 6
45 second rest between sets

Bulgarian Split Squat - 40 x 10, 45 x 8, 45 x 8

Wall Sits - 57 seconds, 55 seconds

Snatch Grip Rack Pulls - 225 x 10, 225 x 10

GHR - 10, 10

Calf Raises - 60 x 15 x 4

Nothing to report today. Workout was good, even broke a decent sweat with the short rest intervals.

Tl;dr
89ZQmzf.gif

Day 5 - 4/4/15

Episode 5: Brobell vs Trisexual

Chest and Arms--good o'l bro work.

Floor Presses (Speed Work)
135 x 3 x 6*

Landmine Chest Press - 95 x 10, 95 x 8, 95 x 8

Incline Pushup - 12, 12, 12**

Resistance Band Push Through - 10, 12

One Arm Preacher Curls - 20 x 12, 30 x 8, 30 x 8

Concentration Curls - 35 x 8 (f), 25 x 10

Incline Curls - 25 x 12, 25 x 12

Skullcrushers - 35 x 12, 35 x 12, 35 x 10

Resistance Band Pushdowns - 15, 15

Tricep Kickback - 30 x 20, 35 x 15

*First time trying floor presses to test out the shoulder. Shoulder felt good. I did these close-grip. Still not too sure, as the weight was light. We'll see how progression continues with this lift*

**Couldn't do incline DB presses, so settled for incline pushups. Shoulder wasn't enjoying them too much, so I lessened the ROM. Worked better then. I did these at a decently slow pace, focusing on the chest.*

The rest is good times. This is the first time in a while I've went an entire week and followed the program I was on for the duration of the week. Missed those days. Glad to have them back.

Tl;dr
gifs_171.gif

Day 6 - 4/6/15

Episode 6 - "Do the opposite of Mike Chang day"

psy-elevator-gangnam-style.gif

Upper Power

Yates Row - 210 x 5, 210 x 5, 210 x 8

Inverted Row - 12, 11

Rack Chins - 10, 8

Floor Press - 185 x 5, 185 x 5, 185 x 4*

Dips - 8, 9

Landmine Shoulder Press - 52.5 x 8, 52.5 x 8, 52. 5 x 10

Barbell Curls - 75 x 12, 85 x 8, 85 x 8

Skullcrushers - 35 x 13, 40 x 8, 40 x 5** (superset with diamond pushups) 1 x 6

*Floor presses were a test for the shoulder. No pain at all, so America, fuck yeah! The last set of 4 was a gym fail. As I was going up for the fifth rep, the bar caught on the pins and there was no recovering from that.*

**On the last set my elbow flopped and I stopped before an accident happened. Supersetted the diamond pushups. I might start doing those instead of the skullcrushers.*

Overall, progress was made.

Tl;dr
gif-gif-funny-angie56-sexy-fave-tremendo-animated-spread-legs-hot-grind-new-analove-green-pink-gifs-hot-girls-tags-wow_large.gif

Day 7 - 4/7/15

Lower Power
how-to-deadlift.jpg

Squats - 235 x 5, 235 x 5, 235 x 6

Deadlifts - 350 x 5, 350 x 5*

GHR - 10, 10, 10

*Lifting is so weird. Last week I couldn't get tree-fiddy for 3 reps. Today I got two sets of 5. I'll take it.*

Tl;dr
tumblr_mywc0jsxUq1qlg7y7o1_250.gif

Back