Gained a lot of respect for Jackson Wink

erm... how to put that???
His "pupil" did coke, weed, crashed his car on a pregnant woman.... They stood by him.
He already got caught suspended for cheating and caught by the police doing a series of non-MMA related wrongdoings... nothing ever happened, not a word by them.

All of a sudden NOW it's the time? (after he relinquished his belt and have not fought for almost 2 years in a risky move to HW)...

Sorry, that time had passed long ago for Jackson Wink to "send a clear message".

This is like you clapping for them sending Cowboy out because he insisted in doing dangerous sports (that are not supposed to be allowed) while doing MMA.
Only he had done it throughout his career with clear approval by them, and they only chose to part ways after his clear decline...
They are sending a message, but the message clearly is that they will protect you and let you do whatever you want as long as you are winning or in your prime.
Better late than never.

They're only throwing him out now because he's 34 not 24. He's at the end of the line. Big Frank and Gane both beat him. If anything I lost respect for them because they're only doing this now because it's the more convenient option. If they had any morals they would have kicked him out after the pregnant lady hit and run. Fuck Jackson-Wink.

It doesn't make a lot of sense really. Jones has shown too many times that he cannot change, so a suspension is ridiculous. This guy is WAY beyond second chances.

If he had come out and said. "I am done with Jones, and he will never train here again," that would be different. But he has not truly drawn a line, which does smell of a publicity stunt.

Jon will never be a "changed man," he has proven that time and time again; that would require conscientiousness that he doesn't possess.

Saying you will take Jones back when he changes? Kind of like saying you will take a tiger back when he changes his stripes.

Only Wink threw him out, right? Jackson and other coaches will still train him, it will just not be at that gym.

I actually watched the interview. Wink inferred the other coaches "could" work with Jones. Not really that they would or are working with him.

It's their choice, is what Wink was getting at... Wink can't control the other coaches.

Bloody baby mama and daughter begging for the cops to come get daddy? I can see why Wink wants some distance until Jones cleans up or fades away.

I actually watched the interview. Wink inferred the other coaches "could" work with Jones. Not really that they would or are working with him.

It's their choice, is what Wink was getting at... Wink can't control the other coaches.

Bloody baby mama and daughter begging for the cops to come get daddy? I can see why Wink wants some distance until Jones cleans up or fades away.

Ah, okay, Ariel made it sound they were going to though. Also, Jon did say some coaches were still gonna support him as opposed to suposedly Wink. So it could very well be that they are going to.

They will take him back after he finds god or rehab. Their camp isn't doing so well in terms of fighters.

Jon probably hasn't needed that gym for years. Sweet ban attention whores.

Go get some fans Jackson Wink!

<JonesLaugh>

Throwing out your golden goose because he is acting like a piece of shit is a class move from Jackson Wink. It sends a clear message.
Well they didn't do it when he crashed into that pregnant woman or when he was caught cheating so maybe they just feel that he simply outlived his relevance there.

Ah, okay, Ariel made it sound they were going to though. Also, Jon did say some coaches were still gonna support him as opposed to suposedly Wink. So it could very well be that they are going to.

Yeah... I think Jones is still speaking as an addict and that's where a lot of this is coming from.

I think if you asked Wink.. He would say that he is "supporting" Jones in the most important possible way he can... Bringing discipline.

I believe every person is salvageable. Including Jones... But that does not eliminate consequences eh? Jones will probably get assigned a councilor for his violence this time and a drug/drink monitoring system... It's not likely Jones will turn-around, but it's possible.

I would choose who I respect a little bit better.

It's only a PR thing that can very well be just temporarily. If they had any morals they would have parted ways with Jones several years ago. They didn't because Jones was in his prime and was their cash cow. Now Jones is older and possibly washed up so now they can get rid of him like some trash bag. However If Jones somehow ever returns on a good level, you can bet they will take him back with open arms.

Don't get it twisted. Jones is far from being a victim, he's a crap person, but these guys aren't good people either.

Also, keep in mind that MMA gyms are for the most part interchangeable. There's nothing Jones ever needed from them that he couldn't have in most other decent team. Jones is a product of his parents amazing genetics, not a product of his coaches.

Don’t. If they had any morals Jones would be gone long before this

this is a calculated move to show his “redemption”
Imo when they bring him back

Last edited:
Didn't they say they are still training with jones privately? lol. It doesn't gain respect. It was all for media and if they wanted respect they wouldn't associate with him anymore, but you know jon is their cash cow. So they can't just leave him like that.

Throwing out your golden goose because he is acting like a piece of shit is a class move from Jackson Wink. It sends a clear message.
Wink is the one who made that call. Jackson and Brandon Gibson on the other hand still continues and chooses to continue training Jones. Those two are practically his enablers

lol Jackson wink is trash

They are beta enablers with no spine.

It's kind of cosmetic though. He's not welcome until he gets his sh#t together. Which is completely unspecific and open ended.

they don't call him Teflon Jon for nuffin. Here's another slap on the rolex.

Back