Gaethjes leg kicks were the best offense a Khabib opponent has ever hand

He landed some nice kicks and Khabib still just walked through them and easily put Justin to sleep.

But had he been able to continue to land those kind of kicks, defend takedowns and take that fight into 4th and 5th rounds it could have been interesting but after that firs round I knew it was over. We all said watching it look at Justin all tired in the corner, Khabib is gonna take him down and win in the second.

None of the punches of Dustin, Conor, Johnson etc. did nearly as much. Neither did Barbozas kicks or RDA/Johnsons guillotines. Maybe Dustins guillotine at best

by the 2nd round they were clearly affecting him specially the one that almost turned him around

Tibau defended very well but he didnt have much effective offense that fight himself.

Gaethjes leg kicks were the most trouble Khabib has had and he still dominated and finishe din the 2nd

yeah.. I was thinking also why is he not using them more but Justin kept engaging in exchanges.
I think it's his lack of strategy that often leds him down.

Agreed. After they landed you could see Khabib move very stiffly on his leg.

It just wasn't enough tho. Khabib still came forward and only needed a single takedown some time on the clock and he got it done easy.

Considering 2 judges had the 1st 10-9 Gaethje, you're officially wrong
Is that true? Was the first round not the one where Khabib walked Gaethje down sticking him with the jab and then took him down and threatened the armbar at the bell?

Is that true? Was the first round not the one where Khabib walked Gaethje down sticking him with the jab and then took him down and threatened the armbar at the bell?

it is true, Gaethje officially won the round. The one where he cracked Khabib with counters and low kicks and landed the better shots throughout. Close round.

He was doing ok and Khabib was doing far better than I expected in the standup....but I cannot believe Justine got caught in a triangle like that LMAO...I overestimated his skill set I guess...he is a great fighter still just not champ shit.

Submissions aren't much different from KO shots in that a skilled fighter can end it quick with one, but in this case it was just pure grappling domination - Khabib took him down and effortlessly passed his guard, threatened with multiple subs before locking it in.

I have to admit I was pretty shocked at how good Khabib's ground game is. I mean we all knew it was good in an MMA sense but that was just pure high level grappling...awesome.

Khabibs pace eventually wears on you, it does not matter if Justin did this or that. No one can handle Khabibs insane pressure. Gaethje was already gassed after just 1 Round. How insane is that?

it is true, Gaethje officially won the round. The one where he cracked Khabib with counters and low kicks and landed the better shots throughout. Close round.
Fair enough I guess. To me both were landing and one was really pouring on the pressure, mounting the other at the end. I'm not a judge.

None of the punches of Dustin, Conor, Johnson etc. did nearly as much. Neither did Barbozas kicks or RDA/Johnsons guillotines. Maybe Dustins guillotine at best

by the 2nd round they were clearly affecting him specially the one that almost turned him around

Tibau defended very well but he didnt have much effective offense that fight himself.

Gaethjes leg kicks were the most trouble Khabib has had and he still dominated and finishe din the 2nd
Yet Conor also won a round. The appearance of effectiveness in Gaethjes kicks do not necessarily translate into danger, they weren't enough to even take him halfway into the fight

He got outstruck, got chased down, got taken down, and was in trouble. It was Khabib's round.

He got outstruck, got chased down, got taken down, and was in trouble. It was Khabib's round.

Chasing someone literally doesn't score

Gaethje clearly landed the better shots and they were equal in stats so that goes to Gaethje

He did get taken down but he wasn't in trouble. I think he would have gotten armbared had there been more time but there wasn't.

Gaethje also literally won the round.

The same bunch of drunk judges that gave Cannonier a round apparently apparently.

It wasn't the worst thing ever to give Cannonier the 1st.

1st round of Gaethje/Khabib 95% of it was on the feet and Justin had the better strikes with his counters and leg kicks. Khabib had the TD,.mount and armbar attempt but that was like 20 seconds of the round and he wasn't really in danger of being finished or anything

Chasing someone literally doesn't score

Gaethje clearly landed the better shots and they were equal in stats so that goes to Gaethje

He did get taken down but he wasn't in trouble. I think he would have gotten armbared had there been more time but there wasn't.

Gaethje also literally won the round.

I disagree on landing the better shots, but thats subjective. Sig. strike total was similar but Khabib had more head strikes (pretty sure he landed a knee in the first) to Justin's leg kicks. Combine that with the takedown and that should seal the round for anyone. Also, he was in trouble on the ground, but saved by the bell. As for two Judges scoring the round for Gaethje, thats not the argument I was making, and I don't care to say anything about awful judges.

Na. Bad take tbh.

Back