Gaethje's chances

Gaethje has been active and has several quality wins since coming to the UFC and his only 2 losses were against top contenders and he got his licks in during those fights. Very entertaining fighter and a nice guy. I love how he brutalized Johnson and Vick after they ran their mouths and were way past obnoxious to him. I think Gaethje deserves to be next in line for a title shot, but Uncle Dana wants for CM to jump the line yet again. McGregor wants a Khabib rematch. As poster correctly said earlier, you never hear McGregor mention Ferguson. He wants no part of Ferguson. CM knows that if he doesn't get an R1 KO, McGregor gets beaten up and wins a trip to the hospital and the plastic surgeon. My prediction is Khabib vs. McGregor if Khabib beats Tony. Gaethje would then get Tony. If Tony wins, would not be surprised if CM fights Nate Diaz for the easy trilogy fight $$$ and let Gaethje, Tony and Khabib beat each other up some more before he takes the title fight. He might also fight Masvidal, but I don't think he really wants to fight Masvidal but it would be a big $$$ so its a possibility. CM will never fight Usman or legit top WW fighters because he knows he will get rag dolled and beaten to a pulp. CM and Dana don't want to harm the brand, so very careful match making to protect the golden goose. Khabib beats McGregor again if they fight.
Why do people keep saying he never mentions Tony? Do any of you watch his interviews?

I mean if you have a compelling counter argument I'll read. You didn't even address my points. I know the bullshit ass rematch seems like it's next but didn't you get the slightest sense that he wants masvidal either? That's another point I forgot to mention.

So who does he fight in the meantime? Because Khabib made it clear that if he wins gaethje is next. Who does gaethje fight in the meantime, Conor doesn't want to fight him either.

No idea. I just think it's a shame for one of the most exciting fighters ever to sit out for nearly a year right in the middle of his prime.

I mean if you have a compelling counter argument I'll read. You didn't even address my points. I know the bullshit ass rematch seems like it's next but didn't you get the slightest sense that he wants masvidal either? That's another point I forgot to mention.
You have your mind made up. Khabib runs the UFC. Dana is just a face, Khabib and Ali make the fights Dana just announces them. There's nothing that will change your mind, you believe Khabib runs the entire company, and unlike any champion before him gets total say in who he fights. I disagree.

No idea. I just think it's a shame for one of the most exciting fighters ever to sit out for nearly a year right in the middle of his prime.
We can only pray that we get to see him fight Conor/Tony/Khabib before he retires. He has already spoke about retiring in the past. Saying the wars he's had, the way he fights, he wont be around for along time. Him fighting any of those 3 would be FoTY candidates. I cant wait for any of those match ups.

Why are people talking like Gaethje is some big-shot top-tier fighter?

He just beat Cerrone in his last fight bro, a dangerous warrior with all kinds of records. Who has Conrad McGoober beat recently? That punch drunk, choking bum Cerrone....

Why do people keep saying he never mentions Tony? Do any of you watch his interviews?
He did, yesterday, before that he wouldn't and only did when pressed, like in Ukraine. But other than that he's avoided him for the longest time. And we cannot deny this truth. He became lw champ in 2016 and refused to defend against khabib and Tony. Dana even had to match them up against each other just to eliminate contenders. And on top of that after that exhibition boxing match, he wouldn't commit to Tony, never said his name, never addressed him, never called him out, it got so bad that they had to strip him of his belt, because he wanted no part of him. So I find it weird that anyone is buying any of this. I mean okay he did fight Khabib only when he had the belt, meaning he had everything to gain and nothing to lose. I could see him doing so with Tony, but it's so unlikely because he can go fight Jorge, lose and then fall back on the "bigger man" excuse. He can't do the same with Tony.

Well it's better than fighting do bronx whilst Dana sneakily schedules the rematch to coincide with that, like he did to Tony when he made him fight Pettis on the same card as conor khabib even though Tony was next in line.

We can only pray that we get to see him fight Conor/Tony/Khabib before he retires. He has already spoke about retiring in the past. Saying the wars he's had, the way he fights, he wont be around for along time. Him fighting any of those 3 would be FoTY candidates. I cant wait for any of those match ups.

I'm praying that, for whatever reason, Conor will want to earn a title shot by going through gaethje. I just don't see it happening though at all. Neither Conor nor the UFC have shown much interest at all in gaethje.

He's good but anyone past the obvious #1 contenders at 155 and 170 (Ferguson and Masvidal) is going to be on hold for a while Conor gets to pick his shots.

Well it's better than fighting do bronx whilst Dana sneakily schedules the rematch to coincide with that, like he did to Tony when he made him fight Pettis on the same card as conor khabib even though Tony was next in line.

Honestly, I wish he accepted the hooker fight. Waiting out for a title shot very rarely works for guys. Book him vs Dustin 2 maybe

You have your mind made up. Khabib runs the UFC. Dana is just a face, Khabib and Ali make the fights Dana just announces them. There's nothing that will change your mind, you believe Khabib runs the entire company, and unlike any champion before him gets total say in who he fights. I disagree.
Nah I'm just willing to be optimistic for a change. Besides are you denying that there's a great chance of Conor fighting masvidal? Wouldn't that give gaethje room to fight for the belt?

Honestly, I wish he accepted the hooker fight. Waiting out for a title shot very rarely works for guys. Book him vs Dustin 2 maybe
I'm praying that, for whatever reason, Conor will want to earn a title shot by going through gaethje. I just don't see it happening though at all. Neither Conor nor the UFC have shown much interest at all in gaethje.
Because he has a good shot at ruining their plans.

Dustin bested him last time fair and square but with his recent loss to khabib will he be keen to take such a fight so soon? I'd expect him to fight a less risky opponent. I'd love the gaethje fight simply because he matches up well with both Tony and khabib.

Because he has a good shot at ruining their plans.

Yes, and because he's been pretty vocal about the nonsense Conor has done out of the ring. I think the UFC wants that shit to be hush hush, but gaethje isn't a company man like Cerrone, so.......

Feel free to send me links to where he mentions Ferguson as the opponent he wants next. I can send you far more links of him mentioning other fighters. BTW Conor said he weighed 160 a week before the fight and makes comments about coming for the WW belt in reference to Usman. Get back to me when McGregor actually signs the paperwork to fight Usman which will never happen and I suspect you know that if you are a real MMA fan vs. a new casual.

Back