Gaethje's chances

Kono dio da!

Giorno's Father
@red
Reaction score
After April 18th, gaethje will be next in line for the title. Who does match up better with, Tony or khabib? Who is he more likely to beat? Top ten most anticipated match ups btw

I want to see Gaethje/Tony more. I think he loses to both though but it's very competitive.

Maybe before, wouldn't be suprised that fight get cancelled again...

Zero chance he gets a title shot over Conor at this point. Dude should go all EA UFC 3 on Dana and somersault kick him in the face the next time they see each other.

Gaethje isnt next up sadly.
It's common knowledge at this point that Conor is leap frogging him.

Zero chance he gets a title shot over Conor at this point. Dude should go all EA UFC 3 on Dana and somersault kick him in the face the next time they see each other.

Well khabib said he's next. Also if Tony wins kiss that conor match goodbye

Well khabib said he's next. Also if Tony wins kiss that conor match goodbye
"Khabib said he's next"

<Dana05>

The only way that fight doesn't get made is if Khabib simply refuses to fight, and never fights anyone else. Also - zero chance the UFC passes up a shot at crazy ass Tony and Conor selling a card. Imagine the press conferences and the trash talk. There is no argument Justin has earned it, deserves it, and should be getting the next title shot. But you could tell by the way Dana was talking at the press conference about how they need to meet and get on the same page. He's going to tell Justin to stay in his lane and stfu.

"Khabib said he's next"

<Dana05>

The only way that fight doesn't get made is if Khabib simply refuses to fight, and never fights anyone else. Also - zero chance the UFC passes up a shot at crazy ass Tony and Conor selling a card. Imagine the press conferences and the trash talk. There is no argument Justin has earned it, deserves it, and should be getting the next title shot. But you could tell by the way Dana was talking at the press conference about how they need to meet and get on the same page. He's going to tell Justin to stay in his lane and stfu.
Conor has never uttered Tony's name. Also I don't think khabib can be bullied into fighting anyone. Plus he has Ali, middle eastern money, Russian oligarchy money and kadyrov behind him. He is financially stable. If he refuses to take the fight and demands gaethje, what's dana gonna do? Bury him? Strip him? He can't and he's an active champion, this isn't the same as the de randamie case is it? Like seriously imagine that conversation. Imagine Dana trying to huff and puff at those guys, it's not gonna work. Another thing even he does bury him and stuff I don't think khabib would care too much, I mean he lives Dagestan. Russia hates "western propaganda", he'll be hailed as a hero back home.

Conor has never uttered Tony's name. Also I don't think khabib can be bullied into fighting anyone. Plus he has Ali, middle eastern money, Russian oligarchy money and kadyrov behind him. He is financially stable. If he refuses to take the fight and demands gaethje, what's dana gonna do? Bury him? Strip him? He can't and he's an active champion, this isn't the same as the de randamie case is it? Like seriously imagine that conversation. Imagine Dana trying to huff and puff at those guys, it's not gonna work. Another thing even he does bury him and stuff I don't think khabib would care too much, I mean he lives Dagestan. Russia hates "western propaganda", he'll be hailed as a hero back home.
First, you're wrong. Conor has talked about fighting Tony.

Second, yes. If Khabib refuses to fight Conor then Dana will either pay him enough to make him happy, or strip and bury him.

Third, cool. Let him go live in Russia.

Is he really going to wait out a year in his prime? The JBG is hungry.....

Last edited:
Is he really going to wait a year out in his prime? The JBG is hungry.....
That's the thing, I dont see any way Gaethje waits for a fight with Khabib. If Tony wins, then he could probably fight him this summer. But he'll have to sit out until September if he wants to fight Khabib. No way he's willing to do that.

First, you're wrong. Conor has talked about fighting Tony.

Second, yes. If Khabib refuses to fight Conor then Dana will either pay him enough to make him happy, or strip and bury him.

Third, cool. Let him go live in Russia.
He's not strip khabib. Come on man. We both know he needs him. No khabib no Russia, no khabib no middle east. And he can talk as much shit about him as he wants, unless khabib actually wants the fight there's nothing dana can do. Doesnt strike me as an insecure easily rattled guy that responds to fools like Rana falling him chickenshit etc. Similar to the conor situation, he has power but no quite the same because conor had much more power but dana cannot do anything to him. He's in a unique position. I mean seriously.

That's the thing, I dont see any way Gaethje waits for a fight with Khabib. If Tony wins, then he could probably fight him this summer. But he'll have to sit out until September if he wants to fight Khabib. No way he's willing to do that.
If Tony wins who would gaethje fight?

Why are people talking like Gaethje is some big-shot top-tier fighter?

Is he really going to wait a year out in his prime? The JBG is hungry.....
So who does he fight in the meantime? Because Khabib made it clear that if he wins gaethje is next. Who does gaethje fight in the meantime, Conor doesn't want to fight him either.

He's not strip khabib. Come on man. We both know he needs him. No khabib no Russia, no khabib no middle east. And he can talk as much shit about him as he wants, unless khabib actually wants the fight there's nothing dana can do. Doesnt strike me as an insecure easily rattled guy that responds to fools like Rana falling him chickenshit etc. Similar to the conor situation, he has power but no quite the same because conor had much more power but dana cannot do anything to him. He's in a unique position. I mean seriously.
<YeahOKJen>

Gaethje has been active and has several quality wins since coming to the UFC and his only 2 losses were against top contenders and he got his licks in during those fights. Very entertaining fighter and a nice guy. I love how he brutalized Johnson and Vick after they ran their mouths and were way past obnoxious to him. I think Gaethje deserves to be next in line for a title shot, but Uncle Dana wants for CM to jump the line yet again. McGregor wants a Khabib rematch. As poster correctly said earlier, you never hear McGregor mention Ferguson. He wants no part of Ferguson. CM knows that if he doesn't get an R1 KO, McGregor gets beaten up and wins a trip to the hospital and the plastic surgeon. My prediction is Khabib vs. McGregor if Khabib beats Tony. Gaethje would then get Tony. If Tony wins, would not be surprised if CM fights Nate Diaz for the easy trilogy fight $$$ and let Gaethje, Tony and Khabib beat each other up some more before he takes the title fight. He might also fight Masvidal, but I don't think he really wants to fight Masvidal but it would be a big $$$ so its a possibility. CM will never fight Usman or legit top WW fighters because he knows he will get rag dolled and beaten to a pulp. CM and Dana don't want to harm the brand, so very careful match making to protect the golden goose. Khabib beats McGregor again if they fight.

If Tony wins who would gaethje fight?
Conor is going to get whatever fight he wants. If its Masvidal, Usman, Tony, or Khabib...he's getting it. You can pretend that Khabib is the biggest star ever and he holds all the cards but the UFC has already shown Conor gets what Conor wants and that's never going to change.

Who does Justin fight if Tony wins? The post says Justin could fight him this summer or early fall. As long as Conor doesn't want Tony.

Back