Gaethje says that his new patient style was inspired by watching Yoel Romero.

grapplingod

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just said this backstage.

Gods recognize gods

source.gif

And Yoel Romero was inspired by Jon GOAT Jones

“I went to Albuquerque with Jon Jones and I learned something. They controlled my attacks, so I learned when to attack. If you go, go, go, you will get tired. So I had to learn to pace myself. I don’t have a problem with five rounds now.”

GOATs gonna GOAT

He was probably kidding by referring to 3 straight 1st round finishes as his "new patient style".

He was probably kidding by referring to 3 straight 1st round finishes as his "new patient style".
Nah, he used to just charge forward like a meathead with no head movement

In his last three fights, he hasn't been brawling at all. Plus his technical defensive skills (parrying, evasiveness, lateral movement) have improved massively.

He went from being Arturo Gatti to Roberto Duran

And Yoel Romero was inspired by Jon GOAT Jones

“I went to Albuquerque with Jon Jones and I learned something. They controlled my attacks, so I learned when to attack. If you go, go, go, you will get tired. So I had to learn to pace myself. I don’t have a problem with five rounds now.”

GOATs gonna GOAT

Dude, do you ever stop shoving Jones' cock and balls down your mouth? Every post is about him <{MingNope}>

aside from how fast the fight lasted, he was definitely more patient...he just connected well, and had good power...and the guy went out...compare that justin to the justin that fought johnson...totally different.

GOATHJE vs anyone

Ill watch

Back