Gaethje lost to Dustin who lost to Conor wants to fight Conor

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TheHotorious, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MayhemMonkey

MayhemMonkey Is it just me, or is it getting crazier out there?

nobody hates Gaethje... he's one of the most exciting fighters on the roster. We just think he is an easy fight and would rather Conor take on bigger challenges

2. BFoe

BFoe Western States Heritage Champion Platinum Member

Gaethje is the #2 contender for the belt (Tony being #1). Conor just beat a dude who probably shouldn’t even be ranked #5, coming off of 2 losses, at 170 lbs. How about Conor earns his shot?

Bubba Kid likes this.
  3. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Steel Belt

He had a title shot 1 fight ago and got his shit pushed in. The champ is looking to add new names to his list, not go back through guys he already destroyed. I wouldn't mind seeing Conor/Masvidal.

BFoe likes this.
  4. RoJo303

RoJo303 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Anyone that hates Justin hates JBG. I've been watching since the Shamrock boys were wearing horse riding boots and Speedos in Japan, but I can honestly say he is the most entertaining fighter I've ever seen - no fight is ever a snoozer and every aspect of him game is totally lit. I'm not sure if he is on Conor's level, but a guy like him should fight in the UFC till he retires. He makes Prime Robbie Lawler almost look like a boring second.

5. EYEKICKFACES

EYEKICKFACES Purple Belt

Well Conor cracked Eddie and Dustin's chins but they still smashed Justin.
    <BC1>

Reffson likes this.
  6. RoJo303

While I agree that Conor should not improve at 55 for winning at 170, the reality is Dana will give him the next TS. This is why I think Justin and Conor should fight to avoid any and all controversies. I think even Conor haters would be cool with him getting the next TS if he wins.

BFoe likes this.
  7. LiQuiD42

LiQuiD42 Black Belt

All I am saying is let them bang bro. If they both want it then let’s see it. Justin has been looking pretty good and they both just beat a similar opponent in Cerrone. That fight makes a lot of sense.

BFoe likes this.
  8. Phill

Phill Blue Belt

I think his sensible fans are more scared of the potential Masvidal fight. I think Masvidal is someone who absolutely beats Conor at his own game.

BFoe likes this.
  9. smiles mma

smiles mma Brown Belt

conor lost to nate who lost to rda who lost to khabib and yet conor wants that beating

10. RoJo303

Maybe not hate him like Hitto and Rubberneck hate Conor, like wishing him bodily harm and a life in agony, but there were always detractors that never thought he would make it in the UFC. And in fairness to them, he really did not make to until he reformed his style. He was going life and death with bums in WSOF and nothing indicated he would be able to hang with the elite of the lite unless he became more defensively minded.

11. Phill

Phill Blue Belt

Disagree. I don't think Conor fades until the 3rd round, and on top of that 1.5 to 2 rounds is often enough. Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who isn't a fan of the guy at all, but you do have to be honest and objective looking at these match ups. Conor is a bad match up stylistically for Ferguson and Gaethje

12. BFoe

BFoe Western States Heritage Champion Platinum Member

I agree. It’s just getting out of hand with the gifts that Conor gets. Jose cleaned out the division but Dana wouldn’t let him fight for a second title. Jose was the only FW champ the UFC ever had, but he didn’t get a rematch against Conor. But Conor got a 155 title shot without ever defending the FW belt once. And when Nate stepped in and choked his ass out, Conor got an immediate rematch against Nate (one which I thought Nate won, rds 3,4,and 5). Based on that win, he gets gifted a 155 title shot again. Never defends that belt, gets stripped. When he returns (2 years later) he’s gifted another shot, and gets the crap kicked out of him. Now he’s about to be gifted a title shot AGAIN.
    It’s just constant nonsense with Conor.

Phill likes this.
  13. Rubberneck76

Rubberneck76 Alizée Belt Platinum Member

Please explain how I’m hating on Conor. I’m hating on his garbage fans. My bashing on you isn’t the same as bashing Conor. The problem is many of you think you are Conor or are on the team, so i can see why you get confused. You’re not Conor, you make the site worse. Nice dubs pab.

14. Summoning

Summoning Silver Belt

Then Koscheck > Antony Johnson > Gustafson.

Check ed.

15. Reffson

Reffson Purple Belt

Sounds like Dana wants to substitute Ferguson for Conor against Khabib. I think that far-fetched and would prefer Conor vs. Jorge. If that can't happen, Conor vs. Gaethje is fine with me. Conor isn't afraid of any of them so get over yourselves. He can only fight so many people so whatever, somebody is gonna be crying.

16. robbie

robbie Brown Belt

MMA Math Is A Funny Thing
    Conor got finished by Joe Duffy who got TKO'd by James Vick.
    Vick > Duffy > McGregor

If it's an easy win for McGregor he has nothing to worry about. He needs to fight top contenders at 155 if he wants to be the man at 155 in the UFC. No more BS like last time around where he messed up the division for all the other fighters who work hard to make a living and compete for a title shot.

17. Reffson

Reffson Purple Belt

Conor beat Nate who beat Pettis who beat Wonderboy. Conor also beat Eddie who beat RDA and beat Justin. Royce Gracie beat Yoshida who beat Frye and Tank Abbott.

18. Cylence

Cylence Flying Arlovski Belt

I'll rip off Jim Lampley a bit here. Joe Frazier whoops Muhammad Ali, George Foreman bounces Joe Frazier around like a basketball, Muhammad Ali knocks out George Foreman.

Point is, styles make fights. Gaethje's strengths match up well with Conor's weaknesses, and Conor's strengths match up well with Garthje's weaknesses. It's a compelling matchup from a stylistic perspective, regardless of who you have winning.

Rubberneck76 likes this.
  19. silvasurfer5253

silvasurfer5253 Purple Belt

Dustin beat Joe Duffy, who finished Conor in like 30 seconds, so actually Gaethje did quite well.

Gaethje is an easy W for Conor, tho. Too small and hittable.

20. Jean-Claude_Bloodsport

Jean-Claude_Bloodsport Purple Belt

Why is Justin so scared of the rematch? You would think he wants to get that one back after getting KO'd by Conors leftovers.