Gaethje is not a bad match up for mcgregor

I agree but wonder where you get that from?

I find myself thinking JG is a great fighter who could hurt Conor. But I can't place why.

They have very recent common opponents and MMA math be damned Conor looked better against them all. A lot better.

So I guess we go with. JG could sleep Conor. I dunno. But I want to see it

I think Conor uses his reach better and his kicks.
JG has a punchers chance and could wrestle him

Conor's actually a bad style matchup for Gaethje. Gaethje relies too much in his recovery, and toughness to beat conor skill for skill, and it'll be the Justin fight all over again for him.

The fighters I see giving Conor a loss, or making it a tough match are, Masvidal, of course khabib, Tony, Usman, Colby, Edwards, lawler, Maia, and Woodley.

Basically, he's not beating a lot of the top 10 fightets at WW, besides maybe RDA, and the top 2 guys at LW would beat him. Which one already has in khabib.

gaethje probably has the worst striking defense i have seen. He literally defends punches with his head. Also you could tell he has potential cte in his latest interviews. He's gonna last longer than cerrone thats for sure.

I think Connor takes him but loses to khabib. Justin might be able to beat khabib though.

It's Aldo and Eddie all over again: people thought those guys would KO him or leg kick him to death. Conor is a lifelong striker. Geathje is a grappler that just learned to strike. Conor feasts on these Mendes type fighters. It is why Khabib, a life long grappler, was able to mow down Conor and Poirier, who are either high level brown belts or black belts.
There are huge gaps in levels, even at the high end.

I don't think he's a bad matchup for Conor but Conor is also not a bad matchup for him. They both kind of play into each other strengths and both have strengths that exploit the others weaknesses.

It would be a good fight for sure.

I wouldn't be shocked if Gaethje got sparked out. Not one iota. However, if he's smart and doesn't just trade with Conor, he's got cardio Conor could never dream of, leg kicks out the ass and a wrestling pedigree he never uses. If he actually wrestles, cliches and works kicks, he could put a beatdown on Conor. I would like to find out.
Double KO I predict

Conor is quicker, hits hard and is more explosive. I got Conor winning this fight at 170....
I feel Gaethje is as much of a BMF belt contender as Conor really. The way he humiliated Vick, Barboza and Cerrone, man...and when he goes out and loses he is really entertaining too. An equal alpha of BMF merit, IMHO.

I would like to set his fight next for Conor

Would be good matchup

Gaethje is ease stuff ...

Connie have better hands,better shoulders , better PPV sells and a friendly Judge.

Justin is so ease of a fight for Connie that they didn’t even fought and Connie is already ahead of him in the rankings.

He will not try to take him down and its gonna be striking battle, gaethje has ko power but so does mcgregor, conor is the better striker with better defence, of course justin can win but it does not look good on paper to me.

justin will have conor on his back it wont be funny.

Then they should just make the fight. I dunno why you guys don't want him to face a contender he apparently beats so easily.

Very true and everybody saying Gaethje would wreck him will mention his losses to Poirier and Alvarez and the fact he's been compared to Homer Simpson. If he fights Gaethje he's ducking Masvidal and vice versa lol, hope he chooses Masvidal. I would love to see the excuses if Conor won that one. "Masvidal is a gatekeeper"?? Something along those lines I'd imagine.

Well said, people are acting like Gaethje is some kind of nightmare match up for Conor, but in reality Conor is a bad match up for Gaethje stylistically speaking. That's not to say that Gaethje can't beat Conor, but Conor does have a higher chance of beating Gaethje than Gaethje has a chance of beating Conor.
Masvidal, Usman, Tony, and a Khabib rematch are the real nightmare match ups for Conor. Gaethje, a Dustin Poirier rematch, and a trilogy fight with Nate Diaz are Conor's easiest possible fights at the moment

Than why is he ducking him? He wants non of him. Seems like conor knows a bad match more than you do

Than why is he ducking him? He wants non of him. Seems like conor knows a bad match more than you do
Conor is the biggest draw in MMA history and has a lot of fights available to him right now. Duck is such a misused term on this dumb forum

Who said Conor was ducking Gaethje? Maybe Gaethje just doesn't interest Conor as much as the other fights at 170, or a rematch against Khabib. If Conor was so afraid of Gaethje then why is he willing to fight guys who are stylistically worse match ups for him than Gaethje like Khabib, Masvidal, and Usman?
Also the guy Conor is "ducking" got finished by Eddie Alvarez and Dustin Poirier, who both got smoked by Conor. But sure, Conor is ducking Gaethje. <Lmaoo><45>

Who said Conor was ducking Gaethje? Maybe Gaethje just doesn't interest Conor as much as the other fights at 170, or a rematch against Khabib. If Conor was so afraid of Gaethje then why is he willing to fight guys who are stylistically worse match ups for him than Gaethje like Khabib, Masvidal, and Usman?
Also the guy Conor is "ducking" got finished by Eddie Alvarez and Dustin Poirier, who both got smoked by Conor. But sure, Conor is ducking Gaethje. <Lmaoo><45>

Come on mann.. We are talking about a Man who opted for Cowboy dose that seem to you as if he was looking for a bad match up or hard fights. He wanted a garanti win and he got it. He handpicked a fight. He wanted none of Gaethje nor any fighter who could probably grant him the L. He only wanted a win it without risk of losing

That is true, Gaethje is not a bad matchup for Conor.

But I do think it would be a great contest.tenor (1).gif

It's a 50/50 fight. People are sleeping on patient gaethje.

Back