Gaethje is getting screwed over hard!

Don't matter what Dana wants if Khabib says not yet then it ain't happening, Khabib got that kind fan cloat now where you can't just pull that sh!t on him just for money without getting fan, media, backlash who support Khabib and denounce red carpet riders & leap froggers who haven't earned.

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"...
Agreed. And khabib has ramzan and all those guys in his corner. He's literally the worst guy to piss off imo, from a promotional standpoint. With that said, I love khabib and Tony too. But Tony winning is the best possible outcome. If that happens all that energy Conor has been coming out with will change. All of a sudden he'll start talking about Jorge being the "hardest" fight available and that the bmf title is bigger than the 155 title etc. That way we get a rematch and possibly a trilogy. Yes gaethje would be getting screwed, but at least it's excusable, a trilogy would be warranted in that case. And also it'd keep conor's grubby little hands away from the title.

I know it's business, and the money is the reason he's getting the title shot but it's such bullshit. Hasn't won a fight in 3.5 years, got wrecked in his one fight back. But if he beats Cerrone at 170 he gets a title shot at 155? It's stupid. But, i get it. Money talks.
True. Tony had to win 13 fights straight. Hope khabib just flat out refuses and even retires if Dana starts pulling out his old testament tactics.

That'd be nice, I'd prefer the Jorge fight though.
Why not both? He's gained so much muscle. Keep that same energy. All these "weight cutting pussies" can fight for their JV league belts, fight the "big bois" lol. Be a "real man"

True. Tony had to win 13 fights straight. Hope khabib just flat out refuses and even retires if Dana starts pulling out his old testament tactics.
Tony is kind of a special circumstance. Evey single thing that could have gone wrong to delay is title shot did. He pulled out, Khabib pulled out, he tore his knee, so it's not entirely on the UFC playing bullshit games and fucking him. But it's definitely not justified that it's taken this long.

Tony is kind of a special circumstance. Evey single thing that could have gone wrong to delay is title shot did. He pulled out, Khabib pulled out, he tore his knee, so it's not entirely on the UFC playing bullshit games and fucking him. But it's definitely not justified that it's taken this long.
Yeah that's true. But the times they did fuck him, they fucked him hard. Ufc 223. Why the fuck would you make the interim champ fight khabib, instead of just making him unify the belt against Conor? And ufc 229 was the worst. They announced khabib Conor then in a week's time Tony was all healed up. I firmly believe that Tony was fight ready before the khabib Conor announcement but they needed an excuse for not booking khabib vs Tony. But yeah, the cable, tiramisu gate etc wasn't the ufc's fault. It just sucks that even before tiramisu gate, both guys had like 10 wins in a row already. At some point they should've already have had a title shot. Conor got one off of beating siver.

If you keep forcing the same shit, protecting the same people you'll never create new stars. Imagine if he fought gaethje for instance. Whoever wins that fight gets bragging rights and will experience a bump in their stock. I'd even argue that it's an easier fight to sell than this Bush league fight they're pedalling.

I don't disagree. just pointing out that this is the way dana and WME get down.

Conor opted to fight the guy who gaethje just destroyed.
Dana is talking about allowing him to leapfrog him for the title fight.
Dana is trying slander him for not taking the Oliveira fight.
All this even though he's clearly next in line, brings it every fight and has a legit chance against khabib.
What am I missing here? Why is Dana trying so hard to bury him. Things were all good just last year. I get you're trying to pave the way for Conor but it's not a zero sum game. Let others have a chance and once Conor has complied enough wins and gotten his groove back, then maybe just maybe should you give him a title shot. Promoting gaethje won't kill conor's star power. Why is Dana doing this? It's weird because he's an Ali fighter and those guys get good treatment. Why is gaethje any different? Because honestly apart from Tony, noone else brings anything to the table against khabib.

Agree. There's virtually no one p4p entertaining than Gaethje. Ferguson obviously but not many others, not to Gaethje level.

Agree. There's virtually no one p4p entertaining than Gaethje. Ferguson obviously but not many others, not to Gaethje level.
Exactly. This is the most ass backwards shit I've ever seen. Dana white is fugazi, he's out of his fucking mind, wasting gaethje like this.

All this even though he's clearly next in line, brings it every fight and has a legit chance against khabib.
What am I missing here? Why is Dana trying so hard to bury him. Things were all good just last year. I get you're trying to pave the way for Conor but it's not a zero sum game. Let others have a chance and once Conor has complied enough wins and gotten his groove back, then maybe just maybe should you give him a title shot. Promoting gaethje won't kill conor's star power. Why is Dana doing this? It's weird because he's an Ali fighter and those guys get good treatment. Why is gaethje any different? Because honestly apart from Tony, noone else brings anything to the table against khabib.

The only reason they are doing this is to set up a Khabib/Conor rematch which is a very lucrative fight. It was the highest grossing PPV fight in the companies history at 2.4 million buy which by far eclipsed UFC 100 and it was among the biggest gates of all time. The two fighters have a bad history and it's a grudge match, that is what sells. And what happened after UFC 229 with the brawl after the fight and the trash talk in the media between them sells the rematch even more. I know, I know....all BS and hype but that is what sells fights. The rematch also builds the winner of Khabib/Conor more as mega stars. Conor will be back on track if he gets the belt back and that is gold for the UFC and if Khabib wins then his name gets bigger and they got a huge star.

They want to do the fight soon cause the timing would be right with Conor coming of a win and if Khabib beats Tony. I guess they don't wan to risk either guy losing and then losing the lucrative rematch. And they only have a short time frame to make a rematch happen while it's hot.....it will be two year by the time they do the rematch. Anything longer loses it's appeal.

Gaethje although the deserving contender won't the bring numbers they want. And they know they still have Gaethje for fights after. And Dana is acting like that towards Gaethje to justify Conors shot more. I'd like to see Gaethje get the fight but it may not happen. Gaethje said he wants on the co-main for Ferg/Khabib vs Poirier to make his case for a title shot.

This is why if you're a true fan of MMA and not a worshipper fan boy of fighters then you will support Khabib as Champion and in his attempts at denying Conrat the rematch so rightful contenders can have their shot.

Yeah that's true. But the times they did fuck him, they fucked him hard. Ufc 223. Why the fuck would you make the interim champ fight khabib, instead of just making him unify the belt against Conor? And ufc 229 was the worst. They announced khabib Conor then in a week's time Tony was all healed up. I firmly believe that Tony was fight ready before the khabib Conor announcement but they needed an excuse for not booking khabib vs Tony. But yeah, the cable, tiramisu gate etc wasn't the ufc's fault. It just sucks that even before tiramisu gate, both guys had like 10 wins in a row already. At some point they should've already have had a title shot. Conor got one off of beating siver.
Fingers crossed nothing happens and we finally get what we all want. I hope we see Tony - Khabib, Tony - Conor, Tony - Gaethje. I dont care in what order, just before they're too old and broken for it to be fun. I feel like all 3 fights would be great entertainment.

I know right? About as innovative as your "tHiS oPiNiOn iS bRaNd nEw" joke.
All I see is someone defending themselves left and right. Which basically is a win for those of us who trolled you with a simple sentence.

This is why if you're a true fan of MMA and not a worshipper fan boy of fighters then you will support Khabib as Champion and in his attempts at denying Conrat the rematch so rightful contenders can have their shot.
I have no problem supporting Khabib telling the UFC to fuck off he's not fighting Conor again. But I dont believe for a second it would happen.

Meh I mean Conor hasn't fought since Oct. 2018. Other dudes have had chance and Tony the most deserving is getting his shot. I'm as big a fan of Gaethje as anyone but he would have already got his shot if he beat Alvarez and Poirier. If Conor jumps him I don't think it's that big a deal. Conor sells tickets and Gaethje can get next assuming he wins his next fight.

.....and in the process refusing Conor the payday he's looking for.

You gave me the response I was looking for. "risking his brand by facing Justin". That, imo, renders the whole fight a sham, because we know he's fighting him because he's not confident that he can beat gaethje. That's pathetic imo. I know cerrone is coming off of a loss. But cerrone isn't put on the same pedestal. He doesn't talk that much either. If you're true the best you have to beat the best. Cerrone isn't the cerrone of yesteryear.
Come on man most ufc fights are a sham. From the smallest guys like Henry calling for Aldo who is coming off a loss to hw champs calling for a brock fight. That’s modern day ufc for you.

Come on man most ufc fights are a sham. From the smallest guys like Henry calling for Aldo who is coming off a loss to hw champs calling for a brock fight. That’s modern day ufc for you.
What annoys me is that this clown and his father ruined the lw division. Khabib, like a benevolent dictator (p.s. That's an oxymoron) restored order and stability even though he honey dicked fans out of a title defence for a whole year. And now they want to uproot all that energy for one mf, who doesn't even give a damn about the sport. Making him face gaethje was the best option. That's a star making fight for gaethje if he wins or a wake up call to the fans if cmg wins. Not this shit. If cmg wants to fight outside his division then let gaethje have the next crack, or make him fight Conor, not 13 ranked Oliveira. That's not even a real offer. That's such a bad faith offer. And it's so annoying when uncle fester starts weaving these tales and the simpleton corporate fan bois eat it up. Dana claims it's up to the fighters to promote themselves. How is that possible if your promoter is actively burying you. Fuck Dana white.

Meh I mean Conor hasn't fought since Oct. 2018. Other dudes have had chance and Tony the most deserving is getting his shot. I'm as big a fan of Gaethje as anyone but he would have already got his shot if he beat Alvarez and Poirier. If Conor jumps him I don't think it's that big a deal. Conor sells tickets and Gaethje can get next assuming he wins his next fight.
Conor VA gaethje would sell tickets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back