Gaethje is getting screwed over hard!

Connor sells and can fight anyone he wants as long as he sells well. That’s the only merit in ufc
Well then why not make gaethje vs cerrone. I'd watch the shit out of it. Since he's such a big star, why not put him up against gaethje, they're on a collision course. It was the next logical step, natural progression of things.

Stop playing dumb...
Beating Cerrone in 2020 should not give you a title fight at 155 or 170..
Dana have already justified Conor getting a shot at Kabib for beating Cerrone...
This is not news..
Yeah fight gaethje. He's on a war path.

Cerrone is much more dangerous fight for Conor than Gaethje. Its not like Cowboy is same chinless guy in 170 as 155. He went toe to toe with Robbie Lawler.
So what about those 2 TKO losses at 170 before/after the Lawler loss?

Well then why not make gaethje vs cerrone. I'd watch the shit out of it. Since he's such a big star, why not put him up against gaethje, they're on a collision course. It was the next logical step, natural progression of things.
I think you meant Connor not Cerrone. But like I said he can whoever HE wants. Ufc only cares about dollars and Connor is dollars. Connor won’t risk his brand by facing Justin right now. He needs a win

I think you meant Connor not Cerrone. But like I said he can whoever HE wants. Ufc only cares about dollars and Connor is dollars. Connor won’t risk his brand by facing Justin right now. He needs a win
You gave me the response I was looking for. "risking his brand by facing Justin". That, imo, renders the whole fight a sham, because we know he's fighting him because he's not confident that he can beat gaethje. That's pathetic imo. I know cerrone is coming off of a loss. But cerrone isn't put on the same pedestal. He doesn't talk that much either. If you're true the best you have to beat the best. Cerrone isn't the cerrone of yesteryear.

Last edited:
I like Gaethje but he wasn't next in line. Tony clearly was so it's up to Justin to take one more fight while he waits

I didn't include Conor in this because who he fights doesn't always follow logic

The whole thing is shitty. I don’t care about Conor or Cowboy but Conor getting a title fight when he hasn’t done shit recently is lame. Oh well I take solace in knowing Khabib thinks it’s bullshit as well.

it's a business decision. if you want integrity go somewhere else.
If you keep forcing the same shit, protecting the same people you'll never create new stars. Imagine if he fought gaethje for instance. Whoever wins that fight gets bragging rights and will experience a bump in their stock. I'd even argue that it's an easier fight to sell than this Bush league fight they're pedalling.

The whole thing is shitty. I don’t care about Conor or Cowboy but Conor getting a title fight when he hasn’t done shit recently is lame. Oh well I take solace in knowing Khabib thinks it’s bullshit as well.
For me it's that AND the willingness Dana has shown to throw gaethje under the bus. Okay cool Conor wants to fight cowboys and Diaz brothers. That's fine but the next in line should be gaethje... Or he should fight gaethje next. Gaethje has to be in the mix and has to be taken into consideration. He IS a contender and fits all the criteria Dana white looks for in fighters.

Don't matter what Dana wants if Khabib says not yet then it ain't happening, Khabib got that kind fan cloat now where you can't just pull that sh!t on him just for money without getting fan, media, backlash who support Khabib and denounce red carpet riders & leap froggers who haven't earned.

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"...

Conor exposed himself by saying he was supposed to fight Gaethje in the summer of '19 before getting injured. Then Gaethje instead fought Cerrone and destroyed him. Now all of a sudden Cerrone is the logical opponent for Conor smh.

I like Gaethje but he wasn't next in line. Tony clearly was so it's up to Justin to take one more fight while he waits

I didn't include Conor in this because who he fights doesn't always follow logic
I'm not saying gaethje should be fighting khabib in April. I'm saying after the fight he should be next in line. And who's he gonna fight next? Hooker or Felder? Lol watch them force him into fighting the winner in August whilst they casually try book the rematch in September, just to spite him.

Gaethje has at least been active. Conor has not and he's facing someone Justin just beat. I get that it's about money but I'd prefer Justin vs khabib/tony next.
i guess we'll see where Conor is though. If he gets roughed up it won't look good. If he crushes cowboy then it's an easier sell.

I know it's business, and the money is the reason he's getting the title shot but it's such bullshit. Hasn't won a fight in 3.5 years, got wrecked in his one fight back. But if he beats Cerrone at 170 he gets a title shot at 155? It's stupid. But, i get it. Money talks.

Back