Gaethje grabbed at Barbozas face with open palm multiple times

regmma123

Black Belt
Reaction score
with his left hand, before and after the eye poke (which occurred when clock read 4:18)

can we just get consistent reffing. Barbozas eye looked like it was bleeding from that poke..may have been from a fingernail scratch

Somebody posted a pic of him with his wife and newborn baby after the fight and he could still barely open his eye.

It apparently wasn’t seen by the ref. There’s not alot that can be done. It’s unfortunate, but it is what it is.

He also punched his head off.

Gaethje could have definitely won without that eye poke, Barboza just isnt the type of guy to get knocked out cold in the first

Eyepokes happen in like 75% of fights due to every fighter instinctively pawing at his opponent with an open hand. Yet most fights don't end with a spectacular knockout. Same with fence grabs; almost every fighter grabs the fence once or twice in a fight, which is illegal.

The fight is the fight, is normal. Gaethje won, get over it.

<BC1>

Eyepokes happen in like 75% of fights due to every fighter instinctively pawing at his opponent with an open hand. Yet most fights don't end with a spectacular knockout. Same with fence grabs; almost every fighter grabs the fence once or twice in a fight, which is illegal.

The fight is the fight, is normal. Gaethje won, get over it.

<BC1>

Interesting stat

I'm assuming you have the research to back that up

with his left hand, before and after the eye poke (which occurred when clock read 4:18)

can we just get consistent reffing. Barbozas eye looked like it was bleeding from that poke..may have been from a fingernail scratch

Boring.

Yea, the nerd missed it. Might be a good idea to have a second nerd monitoring replays to notify the main nerd of the foul.

Still, really boring.

He also badly rocked Barboza way before the eye poke

And would have continued to

You can feel bad for Barboza because of the eye poke I guess but I think it's important to understand the flaw in his game that led to him losing and understand that the fight was going to go the way it did regardless

If you can effectively pressure, you can beat Barboza. If you can't, he'll kill you

Back