Gaethje believes he had Khabib in a bad spot; Mentions Khabib is very strong.

Khan in walked through ever kick and threw a bunch back lol. Justin looked terrible in there. Conor and Dustin are a clean cut above.
Conor I agree on. Dustin??? I'd have to disagree there

I felt Gaethje was doing damage and this only hastened the attack by Khabib as he knew he had to finish the fight early.

Round 1 was the best round anyone had against Khabib. I think Gaehtje was referring to the distance control in round 1. Despite being Khabibs most competitive round (a round wherein he didn't take a rest), thr eagle secured a TD and went for a submission.

Khabib was in a hurru, had the fight lasted an extra round, khabib would've been limping

Those kicks would’ve been significant if Gaethje wasn’t so scared and spastic. Or if he had anything off his back or any defense whatsoever from a disadvantaged position.

The offense would’ve been a real problem if the defense wasn’t so weak. It’s the game, mayn

@JonJonesNeedle does this sound like someone who wasn't making excuses and just tipped his hat? You tell me.

Gaethje controlling the distance? Come on now
Yeah there is no way Gaethe controlled the distance in that fight

He was getting pressured heavy and always on the back foot for most of the fight which is why he had to swing wildly from time to time

Khabib just kept walking him down not even reacting when he got hit

KHABIB IS GOAT, GOAT AND SAVIOR

Some say Khabib is limping to this day.

I like Justin, but that was a pathetic performance on his behalf. He was overreacting to every Khabib move. He went for broke I guess.
Also, at least other fighters manage to survive a few minutes, hell even complete round against Khabibs grappeling.

Once khabib knew he could take his punch it was over. In fact he had zero respect for his standup after he figured out he can take his punch well.

Leg kicks were hard, but Khabib is Khabib for a reason. Towards the end Khabib was walking through Justin's punches, leg kicks, landing more effective and harder punches. Justin blew his wad the first 2 minutes of the fight.

I like Justin, but that was a pathetic performance on his behalf. He was overreacting to every Khabib move. He went for broke I guess.
Also, at least other fighters manage to survive a few minutes, hell even complete round against Khabibs grappeling.
You're right, the nerves got to Gathje big time. Huge andrenaline dump, it looked like he forgot to breathe, it was bad. However Khabib seemed to be on another level then his previous fights. His submission set ups were really slick. I hope he fights again and we get to see more of it.

He didn't do shit, fighters take leg kicks all the time, when did landing a few kicks become such a big deal. Yeah his leg was slightly red, so what, unles it actually impairs movement or ability to fight it doesn't mean jack, and obviously neither was the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back