Gaethje believes he had Khabib in a bad spot; Mentions Khabib is very strong.

Khabib's leg was clearly getting red and he ate one good one before the leg he caught justin. He didn't do a lot of damage but compared to khabib's other opponents in UFC, I'd say he'd did the most out of any of them. Khabib had a broken toe and he wasn't limping. Does that mean he didn't have a broken toe? No, The guy is just good at no selling damage.

He's no Lex Luger.

His leg kicks were his undoing. Khabib was figuring out how to time his TDs after each calf kick, one of which ultimately led to his being finished.

Those kicks were definitely adding up quickly. There was a sense of urgency in Khabib on the ground I haven’t seen before. I can’t say it was due to the kicks but I think it was. Gaethje was landing hard on Khabibs legs. They would’ve been a mess by the fourth round. Damage was done. Just not nearly enough to slow Khabibs skillset/game plan.

Justin controlling the distance is laughable tho.

Khabib's leg was clearly getting red and he ate one good one before the leg he caught justin. He didn't do a lot of damage but compared to khabib's other opponents in UFC, I'd say he'd did the most out of any of them. Khabib had a broken toe and he wasn't limping. Does that mean he didn't have a broken toe? No, The guy is just good at no selling damage.

man if I had a broken toe I don’t know how I wouldn’t be limping like an oompah loompah

@JonJonesNeedle does this sound like someone who wasn't making excuses and just tipped his hat? You tell me.

Gaethje controlling the distance? Come on now

If he had been able to keep it standing and land leg kicks for 5 rounds he would have had Khabib in trouble but he couldn't come close to doing that. He would have had a better chance if he didn't throw so many leg kicks, it opened him up to takedowns.

@JonJonesNeedle does this sound like someone who wasn't making excuses and just tipped his hat? You tell me.

Gaethje controlling the distance? Come on now
He's right though, he was keeping the distance for almost 4.5 minutes of the first round, and the leg kicks were definately adding up and doing damage. These are facts.
Meanwhile Dustin thinks he would have won on the guillotine, when RDA and MJ did the same thing and failed. He doesn't realize or want to admit that Khabib let him get it in to burn Dustins arms out. It was a trap. You can see Khabibs corner are extremely calm when that Guillotine happened, they knew Khabib was gonna be fine. Khabib wouldn't give his neck in the first round, but he's fine doing it after his opponent has tired themselves out.

Kabob Raped him and made him his bitch. Justin made me sad. Eagle for goat

He's right though, he was keeping the distance for almost 4.5 minutes of the first round, and the leg kicks were definately adding up and doing damage. These are facts.
Meanwhile Dustin thinks he would have won on the guillotine, when RDA and MJ did the same thing and failed. He doesn't realize or want to admit that Khabib let him get it in to burn Dustins arms out. It was a trap. You can see Khabibs corner are extremely calm when that Guillotine happened, they knew Khabib was gonna be fine. Khabib wouldn't give his neck in the first round, but he's fine doing it after his opponent has tired themselves out.
I think both are delusional explanations by each respective fighter. He didn't keep distance. Khabib kept the pressure.

At least Dustin choke was the closest out the three so I can see him feeling that way and I can see Justin saying what he said about the leg kicks but I don't think the out come changes . they're fighters they have to believe something went wrong. They're how fighters are wired

Gaethje absolutely was hurting Khabib with those leg kicks. On two take downs, you see Khabib shoot immediately after Gaethje lands the leg kick, because he wanted no more part of that. Khabib hid it well but they were definitely doing damage.

I think both are delusional explanations by each respective fighter. He didn't keep distance. Khabib kept the pressure.

At least Dustin choke was the closest out the three so I can see him feeling that way and I can see Justin saying what he said about the leg kicks but I don't think the out come changes . they're fighters they have to believe something went wrong. They're how fighters are wired
Justin kept the distance as best as you can do when someone like Khabib is pressuring you. We are use to seeing Khabib take someone down within a minute or 2 of a fight. It took him over 4 minutes in the fight against Justin.

I would say to a an untrained eye that Dustins was the closest, but to people who train or have knowledge that one arms guillitone wasn't too bad hence why Khabibs corner wasn't worried. It was a trap and it was something similar to what RDA and MJ did. On the other hand, I don't think Khabib could take too many more leg kicks from Justin, you can literally see him reacting worse and worse to them in the second round.
Both present different dangers and both are still top 5 fighters of the division. My only argument is that I don't believe Justin took the loss worse than Dustin, and it's only been two months since they fought. Justin has been beaten before, Dustin outclassed him in their fight.

That was one of the easiest fight of khabib’s career but khabib did take damage in that fight but it didn’t matter he fucking man handled him and gave Justin no type of respect.

He didnt do much damage and he certainly didn't do a good job managing distance, absolutely delusional. Easiest fight I can remember khabib ever having.

It's sherdog. All we do is waste our time debating pointless topics. That's The basis of a forum
Typically BUMPs are reserved for "i told you so/ eating crow" moments. Not "hey look at this fighter saying he dis some damage"

Lmao, beeb was fine and big bro'd him badly. Probably strongest p4p fighter ever.

So much functional strength.

Typically BUMPs are reserved for "i told you so/ eating crow" moments. Not "hey look at this fighter saying he dis some damage"
Didn't know there was an etiquette

Khan in walked through ever kick and threw a bunch back lol. Justin looked terrible in there. Conor and Dustin are a clean cut above.

Back