Gaethje believes he had Khabib in a bad spot; Mentions Khabib is very strong.

Khabib's leg was clearly getting red and he ate one good one before the leg he caught justin. He didn't do a lot of damage but compared to khabib's other opponents in UFC, I'd say he'd did the most out of any of them. Khabib had a broken toe and he wasn't limping. Does that mean he didn't have a broken toe? No, The guy is just good at no selling damage.
The kicks def look bad when you watch it. I was worried for sure. It just seems like Khabib suffered no ill effects from them,as he was walking around fine later hunting for his borgers.

I rewatched the Barboza fight yesterday. Edson was landing some serious kicks in first couple of minutes, (in my opinion) much more serious that those of Justin.
Barboza is alot faster than Justin. He throws w deadly accuracy

It was a weird game plan for them to just expect Khabib to break from leg kicks. He has never broken anyone in the UFC from leg kicks before. And it took Khabib all of 5 minutes to time the leg kick for a TD.
It was a good idea. They did not anticipate Khabib being able to stay in Justin's face,and walk through all his punches. They probably felt they could deter Khabib and slow him down. Instead Khabib was on him like white on rice,and it was Justin who was being deterred. Khabib took control of the octagon.

I'm guessing he didn't anticipate being hunted down with a high pace like Khabib did. I think that threw him off the most and it also affected his TDD, as he had to be hyper aware of the stand up pressure from multiple angles while he was being hunted down and also just the arsenal of grappling techniques Khabib can employ from all kinds of positions, distances, levels and angles. Easy to make mistakes when you don't know what is coming next. I also think being helpless at the end of the 1st round, and getting saved by the bell, probably demoralized him a good bit.
Exactly. Justin started to panic under the pressure. Khabib was extra determined to come forward no matter what.

The kicks def look bad when you watch it. I was worried for sure. It just seems like Khabib suffered no ill effects from them,as he was walking around fine later hunting for his borgers.
I agree with that. I think some people are making out damage to mean more than what it is. As @Iroh has pointed out, but some people are completely dismissing them, by some people I mean Nurmagoatedov

I agree with that. I think some people are making out damage to mean more than what it is. As @Iroh has pointed out, but some people are completely dismissing them, by some people I mean Nurmagoatedov
That guy should really relax. Khabib won,finished his opponent. Guy is going bat shit insane about kicks,jumpin down other khabib fans throats lol

I loved the look of Gaethje after the first round. When Khabib walked to his corner Gaethje was looking at how Khabib walked to his corner.
He thought 'damn I'm gassed and he is still walking fluent. I'm screwed.'

I loved the look of Gaethje after the first round. When Khabib walked to his corner Gaethje was looking at how Khabib walked to his corner.
He thought 'damn I'm gassed and he is still walking fluent. I'm screwed.'
Hardy thinks he was checking out Khabib's legs to see if they're chewed up. Its plausible.

He did say to wittman, something about his legs.

But I think he was just like holy fuck dude. LOL. It must have felt like he was in there with a tornado. I didn't expect justin to gas like that. Especially without really much of a takedown. Yeah, khabib got one at the end there, but he was visibly gassed before Khabib took him down and he wasn't gassed much fighting take downs. He was just gassed off the pressure mostly.

the first few leg kicks for sure hurt, but in a fight you have a lot of adrenaline, so unless they keep landing in the perfect spot, you won't feel them until the 4th, 5th round.

Justin just needed to land 84 more leg kicks and Khabib wouldn't have been able to walk after

I just thought it looked random.

Perhaps color will play more a role in grammar down the road now that we read electronically more than on paper...

I've never seen that for quotes though. It may work but you may want to do something simpler and easier to understand--like indenting and perhaps itallicize/resize.

I do it because its easier to read quotes than put it in a quote box, I find. I borrowed the idea form someone on this forum. If it doesn't help, I'll just stop doing it. Sometimes putting it in a quote box hides the full quote and people have to click more to reveal.
-Peli

It's basically what the quote boxes are doing. And it's been 20 years since I was in grammar school but I think indenting is technically the correct way to handle longer quotes if you aren't quoting inline with quotation marks.

Rules should be tested and redefined when there is a better way. And forums are hardly the place to be grammar police. I see errors up and down my own posts all the time (this one included).

It just wasnt clear to me what you were doing.
No clue why this bothers you so much.
You say it doesn't matter on Sherdog, yet you write huge replies and it seems to means a lot to you.

It was very clear why he highlighted them with colour. I think you know this.

No clue why this bothers you so much.
You say it doesn't matter on Sherdog, yet you write huge replies and it seems to means a lot to you.

It was very clear why he highlighted them with colour. I think you know this.
Sorry it bugged you. Have a good day.

There's footage of Khabib after the fight out celebrating... I'm sure Justin has seen it. Hyperbole is sometimes necessary to sleep good at night.

I'd say Khabib's leg kicks probably had more of an effect on Justin than the other way round tbh.

Still waiting to hear from Justin and Trevor since the fight, someone shoop them on milk cartons.

Still waiting to hear from Justin and Trevor since the fight, someone shoop them on milk cartons.
I am too..I want to know what they thought about the pressure and grappling at length. Usually you hear from coaches in interviews after the fight. Surprised they haven't said anything like at all.

Lol joe rogan should invite them back so they can talk about how the gameplan failed.

I am too..I want to know what they thought about the pressure and grappling at length. Usually you hear from coaches in interviews after the fight. Surprised they haven't said anything like at all.

Lol joe rogan should invite them back so they can talk about how the gameplan failed.

Lmao that's brutal, I do wonder if they were meant to go on and then decided not to given the outcome, wondering where the epilogue is too from the UFC. I find Trevor weird and not the genius everyone claims he is, dude sounds like he's about to burst out laughing all the time.

I am really surprised at Justin's reaction after the fight, like it was no big deal, like he didn't care that much. I am kind of disapointed

Dustin looked like the world crumbled around him, he was so dejected it was hard to watch.

Back