Gaethje believes he had Khabib in a bad spot; Mentions Khabib is very strong.

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
“It sucks, I’m hurt,” Gaethje told ESPN post-fight. “It’s emotional. Ultimately, it’s the name of the game, man. I had him in trouble. I wasn’t very many kicks away from him not being able to walk. He’s going to limp … limping for at least the next three weeks. That’s nothing to be proud of because I lost, but, I felt alive … I felt great. I believe I did a great job of causing damage. Keeping the distance, controlling the distance, threatening and causing damage. I caused damage in there.

“I know he was in a bad spot,” Gaethje added. “Even if he wasn’t, he did what he had to do. Took me down. He is very strong. I know he made his father so proud.” (Transcribed by MMA Mania)

As cormier said, guys don't know how strong Khabib is until they get a hold of them.

Those legs kicks did do damage imo, but obviously not enough to stop the eagle.

He's coping hard. He did no damage. Khabib was walking around getting burgers after. I guess this is what he tells himself after he got finished early in the 2nd round..
Khabib's leg was clearly getting red and he ate one good one before the leg he caught justin. He didn't do a lot of damage but compared to khabib's other opponents in UFC, I'd say he'd did the most out of any of them. Khabib had a broken toe and he wasn't limping. Does that mean he didn't have a broken toe? No, The guy is just good at no selling damage.

He's coping hard. He did no damage. Khabib was walking around getting burgers after. I guess this is what he tells himself after he got finished early in the 2nd round..

I think the truth is in the middle. He did do some damage, more so than most other Khabib's opponents, but the fight was too short for it to have any effect on the outcome.

Khabib's leg was clearly getting red and he ate one good one before the leg he caught justin. He didn't do a lot of damage but compared to khabib's other opponents in UFC, I'd say he'd did the most out of any of them. Khabib had a broken toe and he wasn't limping. Does that mean he didn't have a broken toe? No, The guy is just good at no selling damage.

Lmao my man you are delusional because of the biased commentary team focusing on leg kicks. Man landed like 5 leg kicks. He did fookin nothing. The delusions are extreme.

Lmao my man you are delusional because of the biased commentary team focusing on leg kicks. Man landed like 5 leg kicks. He did fookin nothing. The delusions are extreme.
five kicks is all you need for normal opponents. Here's Coach Jav saying the leg kicks did do damage.

You know more than Jav. Afterall, you're the dude that said the relationship between javier and Khabib was strained.

“It sucks, I’m hurt,” Gaethje told ESPN post-fight. “It’s emotional. Ultimately, it’s the name of the game, man. I had him in trouble. I wasn’t very many kicks away from him not being able to walk. He’s going to limp … limping for at least the next three weeks. That’s nothing to be proud of because I lost, but, I felt alive … I felt great. I believe I did a great job of causing damage. Keeping the distance, controlling the distance, threatening and causing damage. I caused damage in there.

“I know he was in a bad spot,” Gaethje added. “Even if he wasn’t, he did what he had to do. Took me down. He is very strong. I know he made his father so proud.” (Transcribed by MMA Mania)

As cormier said, guys don't know how strong Khabib is until they get a hold of them.

Those legs kicks did do damage imo, but obviously not enough to stop the eagle.

This myth that nobody can walk after 4-5 low kicks seems to be sticking.

I’m sure Khabib felt a few of them, but he was moving fine during and after the fight. He was nowhere near being immobilised

It was a weird game plan for them to just expect Khabib to break from leg kicks. He has never broken anyone in the UFC from leg kicks before. And it took Khabib all of 5 minutes to time the leg kick for a TD.

Justin did not control the distance lol khabib was all over him from the beginning of the fight
lol he's delusional on that part. Controlling the distance = Running away to keep distance? I said before the fight, khabib is better at controlling the distance. Tony wasn't going to be a good measurement of measuring how good your distance control is, because tony doesn't measure his distance.

I’m sure Khabib felt a few of them, but he was moving fine during and after the fight. He was nowhere near being immobilised
Agreed. They look like it hurt, but that's not enough to stop the eagle.

People on Sheepdog are so delusional and biased when it comes to Khabib taking damage.

Back