Gaethje/Barboza- Is Edson the worst possible matchup for Gaethje?

No. I wasnt impressed with Edson's last fight and Gaethje is way too powerful and explosive for him. Whenever Barboza fights someone like him he crumbles under the pressure

Hell no. Gaethje is a nightmare for Barboza with that pressure and Edsons crackable chin. Gaethje is an excellent cage cutter.

There's no doubt this fight will be highly entertaining.....

But I'm worried about Gaethje's health in this one. We've seen what happens when someone wants to push forward and stand and bang with Barboza... they get absolutely picked apart and brutalized. Nobody pressures forward like Gaethje, if he fights like he normally does he's gonna eat a tonnnnnnnnnnn of shots and it'll probably get ugly. Barboza is just too technically proficient of a striker to play that game with him, Dan Hooker learned that the hard way.

Am I correct that Edson is pretty much the worst matchup out there for Gaethje?

Uhm no, Barboza folds if he takes too much punishment and has poor boxing defense. He also will brawl with his opponent.

Conor's a worse match up. Better hands, better timing, doesn't brawl, better chin.

Gaethje fights in a phone booth, gonna be hard for Edson to wind his power kicks up if Gathje's pressuring him non-stop.

Yes and no. The problem with Edson is that I don't know if he can take damage as much has he can dish it out. He's only been knocked out by Varner but he tends to struggle with pressure fighters with a primarily boxing attack. I can see Edson outstriking Gaethje here only to eventually get clipped by a big shot from Gaethje and finished with strikes.
he got dipped and subbed by cerrone. one jab punch lol. I love Edson and gaetje regardless whether they lose or win.

Back