Gable Steveson and Brock would beat Ngannou

And then he lost anyway. To say a great wrestler would take out Ngannou or Lewis with ease needs to be taken with a grain of salt. In your case a shot of penicillin.
Gable is stratospheres above Justin who was a below average D1 wrestler

Did you catch Taylor’s match’s? It was an awesome run.

And Gilman getting bronze was pretty cool.

Gable Stevenson is still in college, he trains freestyle on the side in the summer. He has yet to give up a point in the Olympics and will wrestle for gold tomorrow. Imagine training your entire life in freestyle, you're entire bloodline wrestled freestyle and you get merked 8-0 by a part time freestyle wrestler, sheesh. This guy he smoked in the semis was one who many considered p4p #2 behind saduleav.

Gable would smash Derrick Lewis or Ngannou tomorrow with ease.

But can he take a punch.

I'm not sure exactly how Gable will do in MMA. For those who watch him wrestle, most of his offense comes from the collar tie, he has good snapdowns, good handfighting, and reattacks. Those parts of wrestling translate the worst to MMA because you don't usually end up with a collar tie in the standup. Now, he is an incredible athlete, he has tremendous quickness, and he has solid top pressure. Also, just because he doesn't shoot for takedowns against world class wrestlers, doesn't mean he can't do it against MMA guys without a wrestling background.

I don't doubt that he can win a lot of fights and do well but I don't know if he's a future champ. I mean I hope, like I'm rooting for him. But it's no guarantee. But fighters who tend to have his wrestling style don't do as well in MMA. Chris Honeycutt comes to mind, former NCAA runner up. He had a good MMA career, he had some big wins over real guys like Alexander Schlemenko, Leo Leite, Kevin Casey, Ben Reiter, but he was never a champion or contender level fighter. Obviously, Gable is 10x the athlete that Honeycutt was, Honeycutt was actually rather unathletic. But I don't think it's a guarantee he just shoots straight to the top if he comes to MMA. Again, I hope so, like I'm a big fan but it's not a guarantee.

Gable is stratospheres above Justin who was a below average D1 wrestler
I feel like you're trolling but obviously for those who don't know and might read this and be confused, Gaethje was a D1 All American and obviously well above the average D1 Wrestler.

When the guy actually takes up mma, then let me know. Sounds like he’d be better suited to fake fighting. How many thousands wrestle in HS, and college in the US each year? How many become pro mma fighters?

Gable Stevenson is still in college, he trains freestyle on the side in the summer. He has yet to give up a point in the Olympics and will wrestle for gold tomorrow. Imagine training your entire life in freestyle, you're entire bloodline wrestled freestyle and you get merked 8-0 by a part time freestyle wrestler, sheesh. This guy he smoked in the semis was one who many considered p4p #2 behind saduleav.

Gable would smash Derrick Lewis or Ngannou tomorrow with ease.

Do you know any place where i can watch his olympic matches? cant find it anywhere.

Isn't wrestling his own game as well as their own game?

Phenomenal athlete, would smash Ngannou if he made it to the UFC.
It's a shame he will be uppercut to sleep by an obese 40 years old mall cop in DWCS.

I believe Gable would do great in mma. Besides being an amazing wrestler, he is built like a tank, extremely coordinated, seems capable of punching very hard. He can develop god tier ground and pound.

How did Kyle Dake do?

He’ll be sleeping ontop of a 45 year old for a million bucks in Bellator in no time

UntimelyClosedBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif

5PMx.gif

images

Romero is an Olympic, an elite Wrestler and failed to use his Grappling against Paulo.

Paulo Costa doesn't have Wrestling credentials fight in a cage is another animal, MMA is different and it's hard to use Wrestling against guys like Francis, Paulo Costa who has a sinister TDD.

it's not the 90s anymore, where every Striker had ridiculous TDD.

In modern MMA almost every fighter trains a lot of defensive wrestling.

Every fight starts on the feet.

Gable is one thing (kid is 21 exponential opportunity for growth at the right camp for some years). To say Brock would beat the best current HW MMA fighter in the world is fucking laughable. This is indicative of why piss belts shouldn’t be allowed to make threads.
What if brock did mma at 21

If Gable trained a little standup and came to the UFC and used the same strategy that Brock used on hunt he would take down and dominate ngannou and be the new UFC HW CHAMP right now. Brock would beat him too.
Brock would melt if Ngannou even looked at him. No chance in hell he could take one his punches lol

What if brock did mma at 21
Different conversation altogether. Brock is wildly physically gifted and if he started at 21 (and Ngannou started as late as he did) my $$$ would be on Brock. Still not saying that Ngannou couldn’t send Brock to the stratosphere he always holds the nuclear option.

he’d run into an uppercut Francis is very good against wrestlers Blade x2 Cain Henrique Hamilton mihalovick these are experience fighters too

just on paper I say this guy beat that guy never case

wrestle change when add strike
Are you actually Goro?

Back