Fyodor just wasn't that good.

Oh fucking please.

For some reason I'll never know, the awesome Kettlebell Fedor that dominated PRIDE turned into 225 lb flabby Fedor that fought in Strikeforce. I think many people on these forums only know the latter guy, but Kettlebell Fedor was a fucking God amongst men.

This is the perfect representation of the average Fedor Fanboy. Either agree with us or you'll get the incredibly eloquent response above.

They're as primitive as Fedor's training system. The creationists of combat sports.

The reasons Fedor is regarded so highly have been gone over again and again. If you think your thinly-veiled attempt at discrediting the man will spark any serious discussion again, you have been mislead.

Saying who's the "GOAT" definitely is impossible. Even if I regarded GSP higher than Silva, I wont make a thread stating how Silva's overrated as you did here. These men have proven their worth in the realm of MMA.

He was very good, Hall of Fame level but not great, not GOAT. He built up an amazing record fighting in smaller organisations, when the sport was less consolidated and deep than it is now. Not that he ducked anyone. Then he started losing and couldn't face coming down from his super GOAT role. People had put too much pressure on him.

He's still only 37 there are plenty of HWs fighting who are his age. All the fighters that beat him, Werdum, Bigfoot and Hendo, are still fighting. And losing sometimes. What are his biggest wins? Sylvia? Nogueira? Cro Cop? They are still fighting too.

My beef is not with fador but with his fans. The guy was good - no question - but he had some glaring deficiencies that all his nutthugging legions refused to acknowledge. There was always certain types of fighters who would be his kryptonite and he went a long time managing to not face that type of fighter (for instance I always thought Barnett and Sergeii would take him out) but the huggers just put their fingers in they ears and closed their eyes whenever the conversation was brought up. I actually called out Antonio Silva as one of these types in 2007 and, in typical fashion, his fans just snickered, sneered and posted their latest Terminator/Fedor shoops.

Smaller organizations? Pride was the BIGGEST MMA organization at that time.

My beef is not with fador but with his fans. The guy was good - no question - but he had some glaring deficiencies that all his nutthugging legions refused to acknowledge. There was always certain types of fighters who would be his kryptonite and he went a long time managing to not face that type of fighter (for instance I always thought Barnett and Sergeii would take him out) but the huggers just put their fingers in they ears and closed their eyes whenever the conversation was brought up. I actually called out Antonio Silva as one of these types in 2007 and, in typical fashion, his fans just snickered, sneered and posted their latest Terminator/Fedor shoops.

He was about to fight Barnett and he beat Crocop who's a better version of Sergei.

And lol at Bigfoot. Dude beat an out of prime Fedor. Fedor would have Cormier'ed him had it been when he was in his prime in Pride.

Dan Henderson beat Fedor too. Did you call in 2007 that Dan Henderson is exactly the type of fighter to beat Fedor? hilarious

TS, your username will forever be stained by the shitty thread you made. sometimes, you can say something so fucked up that it stains your very character..that what you done right here.

Smaller organizations? Pride was the BIGGEST MMA organization at that time.

He was about to fight Barnett and he beat Crocop who's a better version of Sergei.

And lol at Bigfoot. Dude beat an out of prime Fedor. Fedor would have Cormier'ed him had it been when he was in his prime in Pride.

Dan Henderson beat Fedor too. Did you call in 2007 that Dan Henderson is exactly the type of fighter to beat Fedor? hilarious

I never said a word about Hendo. Called Bigfoot to a tee though and there's a thread that still get bumped to this day (not by me, mind you) where I'm on record saying it and giving reasons.

Plus your Sergeii/CC comment is neither here nor there as my reasoning in favor of Sergeii has nothing to do with CC (not that I have any interest in trying to explain it to a delusional nuthugger who's making up excuses for why my 100% accurate prediction wasn't actually legitimate.)

He was very good, Hall of Fame level but not great.

Fedor was the best HW to ever compete in Pride, period. However, I agree with what I quoted above 100%.

No fighter was more overrated from 2007 - 2012 than Fedor. When people were saying he could beat Randy when Randy was dominating MUCH bigger men like Sylvia and Gonzoga and defending his belt against a guy 2x his size in Lesnar, Fedor was fighting freaks like Hong Choi Man and MWs like Matt Linland. Fedor was also being out-pointed by fucking Arlovski at that time they fought and found himself in loads of trouble against Brett Rogers....the hype train was silenced once Werdum put an end to Fedor's unofficial unbeaten streak.

People can say all they want but that above, is the reality.

I want to state for the record that Fedor should be considered a legend and a GREAT fighter for what he accomplished in Pride. I just disagree with all the hype that followed him afterwards.

He was very good, Hall of Fame level but not great, not GOAT.

He was unbeaten for 10 straight years, won 28 straight fights in a row, never lost a round in any of them, and in that span not only fought some cans (as every fighter does), but also fought the best fighters available to him and never ducked any of them.

He was unbeaten for 10 straight years, won 28 straight fights in a row, never lost a round in any of them, and in that span not only fought some cans (as every fighter does), but also fought the best fighters available to him and never ducked any of them.

*cough* Brock *cough*

He was very good, Hall of Fame level but not great, not GOAT. He built up an amazing record fighting in smaller organisations, when the sport was less consolidated and deep than it is now. Not that he ducked anyone. Then he started losing and couldn't face coming down from his super GOAT role. People had put too much pressure on him.

He's still only 37 there are plenty of HWs fighting who are his age. All the fighters that beat him, Werdum, Bigfoot and Hendo, are still fighting. And losing sometimes. What are his biggest wins? Sylvia? Nogueira? Cro Cop? They are still fighting too.

He was the best. 10 years, never lost.

I always listen to other MMA fighters talk about the fight game. They see things we don't and pick up on things. All Great MMA fighters said Fedor was the best. Even the best of all time...

But, who knows, Anderson Silva, Fedor, BJ Penn, Cain, Jon Jones, Chuck Liddell, Frank Shamrock....all these fighters were the best in their prime. Would AS beat Fedor...I don't know..lol. Who cares, they didn't fight so we don't know. Once they made the title, as being the best, they can win on any day or night.

It wouldn't be the first time Fedor gets face planted by a man two weight classes below him.

Fedor has never fought anyone who was two weight classes below him. All the fighters he's faced were in the proper weight bracket or higher when he fought them.

Actually Doom 2 is still my favorite game of all time, and I'm shocked to say I have played the online port as well recently.

Let me kill you in dwango6.wad, OP

Don't use American spellings but apart from that I've probably already gibbed you around the map.

Back