FW Champ McGregor showing off his precision kicking skills

FoolioX doesn't even know what a bandwagon fan is, he just uses it because he thinks he's hip. Before the Munoz win Weidman didn't look that impressive in the UFC for many reasons, injuries, cutting a ton of weight to make a short notice fight and so on. Naturally, once a fighter shows his optimal level of skill in a fight, which happened to be the Munoz fight, he'll gain the respect for those skills of the individuals that they made an impression on. I was rooting for Weidman in his UFC debut too against Sakara, I just wasn't sure how he'd do, despite being the Ring of Combat MW champ and already having a defense prior to getting the call to the UFC.

Go away now. My logic beats down your misuse of the term "bandwagon fan".

So you think you can legitimately win a title by beating a contender that already lost to the champion twice who had no training camp but not by being the consensus best for years on end and then defending the belt for years after everyone is gunning for you? Stop being silly.

Mendes was training for Conor for some 4-5 weeks (and Chad usually does only 6 week camps). He was on standby knowing that Aldo supposedly had an injured rib and may not be able to fight. The best fighter that Aldo has fought is Mendes and the newest incarnation gave him a real ass beating and made it a war with Aldo wearing most of the damage. Conor trained to fight Aldo, not a wrestler, and was injured (his knee), yet he finished Mendes in round 2.

Ronda was promoted to champ too. I guess she never legitimately won the title as well. The division didn't exist until the organization was merged fool. Aldo already beat Mendes twice before Conor did. Keep hanging on those nuts and listen to everything he says without a single thought. If he told you to jump off a cliff you would without a second thought.

Correct, she was. She legitimately won the Strikeforce title but not the UFC title. But, how can you legitimately win or earn a title in a different organization by simply not having to do anything to acquire it? :icon_lol:

Those divisions not existing at the time in the UFC is the sole reason why Aldo and Ronda were both 'promoted' as one major organization's titleholder to another organization. It's known as a gifted title. What the UFC could've and likely should've done is have Aldo fight the next guy in line at the time for the UFC's title, not simply give him their belt. Same with Ronda. As for the rest of your nonsense, your butt hurt rustled jimmies is amusing stuff. :wink:

People are forgetting just how great Jose Aldo is.

Undefeated for 10 years.
9 title defenses.
Only UFC featherweight Champion.
Hasn't even had a close fight. (Edgar and Mendes were competitive at times but Jose still clearly won)

Conor has proven himself to be good, but I think he's in over his head.

Ahh ts's Guswagon tag-team sherbro is here, being wrong as always

Congratulations to Gus and his fanwagon on his 2nd title shot. I look forward to bumping the 'Gus best career win is Shogun' thread with more gifs.

Being wrong? Care to elaborate?

Or would you prefer continually acting like a child and refusing to acknowledge your mistakes 'cus it's just too embarrassing'? :redface:

Being wrong? Care to elaborate?

Or would you prefer continually acting like a child and refusing to acknowledge your mistakes 'cus it's just too embarrassing'? :redface:

7kYa0L.gif

Correct, she was. She legitimately won the Strikeforce title but not the UFC title. But, how can you legitimately win or earn a title in a different organization by simply not having to do anything to acquire it? :icon_lol:

Those divisions not existing at the time in the UFC is the sole reason why Aldo and Ronda were both 'promoted' as one major organization's titleholder to another organization. It's known as a gifted title. What the UFC could've and likely should've done is have Aldo fight the next guy in line at the time for the UFC's title, not simply give him their belt. Same with Ronda. As for the rest of your nonsense, your butt hurt rustled jimmies is amusing stuff. :wink:

Your reasoning is stupid. Ronda and Aldo were unanimously regarded as the #1 in their divisions so giving them the title is common sense. Even then Aldo's first fight in the UFC would have been for the title so he did fight the next person in line, in fact he fought 7 fighters that were next in line. You delusional Conor's fans are always bringing up Conor as a two division champ in some 3rd rate organization as if it meant something that he could fight at LW in the UFC. Now you guys are dismissing titles from better organizations.

FoolioX doesn't even know what a bandwagon fan is, he just uses it because he thinks he's hip. Before the Munoz win Weidman didn't look that impressive in the UFC for many reasons, injuries, cutting a ton of weight to make a short notice fight and so on. Naturally, once a fighter shows his optimal level of skill in a fight, which happened to be the Munoz fight, he'll gain the respect for those skills of the individuals that they made an impression on. I was rooting for Weidman in his UFC debut too against Sakara, I just wasn't sure how he'd do, despite being the Ring of Combat MW champ and already having a defense prior to getting the call to the UFC.

Go away now. My logic beats down your misuse of the term "bandwagon fan".

Mendes was training for Conor for some 4-5 weeks (and Chad usually does only 6 week camps). He was on standby knowing that Aldo supposedly had an injured rib and may not be able to fight. The best fighter that Aldo has fought is Mendes and the newest incarnation gave him a real ass beating and made it a war with Aldo wearing most of the damage. Conor trained to fight Aldo, not a wrestler, and was injured (his knee), yet he finished Mendes in round 2.

He did one sparring session to train for Conor after getting the call and then he was off to do media. It was basically not a camp at all. You are pulling shit out of your ass.

How do you think belts are created? Do you think the UFC and all its belts are eternal? This isn't exactly a hard concept. If a belt has to be created for a non-champion, whether it is declared in advance or after the fight or fights that determine them to be the best, doesn't that equally invalidate the legitimacy of anyone that later gets that belt from them? After all, it "wasn't a legit belt." You seem to think that being the champion for years is not enough, but beating the guy that isn't legitimately champion (just has an illegitimate belt) should count? Terrible logic. And you are even worse with this: Conor didn't even beat THAT guy, he beat another guy that couldn't beat that guy with two tries. Yeah, you have no point at all.

This is an arbitrary expectation. Aldo had already been fighting the top contenders in the world in that weight class in the WEC. Who were the guys outside of the WEC/UFC that were better? So, any one of his title defenses in the WEC could have served the purpose that you have in declaring a fight to "be for the UFC belt" ahead of time. When you declare it has no bearing on the significance of the fights themselves, just like declaring the Mendes/Conor fight "for the interim title" has no bearing on its actual significance. Aldo was justly given the belt and Conor was not. And if the fact that he was already top dog and defending that spot in the world rankings isn't good enough for you, what about his first title defense? Why doesn't that fulfill your inane requirement, not to mention his subsequent defenses? At worst, if your retarded complaint is taken at face value, you can subtract ONE from his multiple title defenses, but you still aren't any closer to legitimizing Conor's "belt." Again, this is really simple shit. Tell me you are trolling now or I will have zero respect for your intellect.

The video looks doctored, his foot doesn't come close to connecting with the ball and the frame-rate looks speed up.

Just hope Aldo doesn't get him down (which is very likely)

Very unlikely. Aldo isn't even close to the wrestler that Mendes is, who is the best wrestler at 145. Aldo has excellent defensive wrestling, but he has almost non-existent offensive wrestling. Conor will break him on the feet easily in this case

You're reasoning is stupid. Ronda and Aldo were unanimously regarded as the #1 in their divisions so giving them the title is common sense. Even then Aldo's first fight in the UFC would have been for the title so he did fight the next person in line, in fact he fought 7 fighters that were next in line. You delusional Conor's fans are always bringing up Conor as a two division champ in some 3rd rate organization as if it meant something that he could fight at LW in the UFC. Now you guys are dismissing titles from better organizations.

Learn proper grammar first. Secondly, "GIVING" them the title is not common sense. They should've had to earn it like other major organization champs had to do when signing with the UFC.

Stay mad, bro. Let the butt hurt and the poo poo flow through you because you know I'm right. McGregor earned that gold belt around his waist by fighting and decisively beating the #1 ranked Featherweight fighter in the world in the UFC's octagon, no gifts of any kind were given to him. Conor's interim championship title wasn't a gift, it was fought for and had to be earned. Aldo now has to legitimately earn his UFC title for once (or fail at doing so) by facing McGregor in a title unification bout.

I cry every time I see Gus cry

Well I promise this is the last

127_Jon_Jones_vs_Alexander_Gustafsson_gallery_post.0.jpg

I understand English is your second language from your grammar, actually lack of, so I suggest you look up what it means to be a bandwagon fan.

See ya in the 'Gust best career win is Shogun' thread after fight :)

Would it still be proper etiquette for me to come in here and pay admiration to his kicking even if the thread went on another tangent?

I just need a little room to show affection. I swear.

Learn proper grammar first. Secondly, "GIVING" them the title is not common sense. They should've had to earn it like other major organization champs had to do when signing with the UFC.

lol the irony

He did one sparring session to train for Conor after getting the call and then he was off to do media. It was basically not a camp at all. You are pulling shit out of your ass.

How do you think belts are created? Do you think the UFC and all its belts are eternal? This isn't exactly a hard concept. If a belt has to be created for a non-champion, whether it is declared in advance or after the fight or fights that determine them to be the best, doesn't that equally invalidate the legitimacy of anyone that later gets that belt from them? After all, it "wasn't a legit belt." You seem to think that being the champion for years is not enough, but beating the guy that isn't legitimately champion (just has an illegitimate belt) should count? Terrible logic. And you are even worse with this: Conor didn't even beat THAT guy, he beat another guy that couldn't beat that guy with two tries. Yeah, you have no point at all.

This is an arbitrary expectation. Aldo had already been fighting the top contenders in the world in that weight class in the WEC. Who were the guys outside of the WEC/UFC that were better? So, any one of his title defenses in the WEC could have served the purpose that you have in declaring a fight to "be for the UFC belt" ahead of time. When you declare it has no bearing on the significance of the fights themselves, just like declaring the Mendes/Conor fight "for the interim title" has no bearing on its actual significance. Aldo was justly given the belt and Conor was not. And if the fact that he was already top dog and defending that spot in the world rankings isn't good enough for you, what about his first title defense? Why doesn't that fulfill your inane requirement, not to mention his subsequent defenses? At worst, if your retarded complaint is taken at face value, you can subtract ONE from his multiple title defenses, but you still aren't any closer to legitimizing Conor's "belt." Again, this is really simple shit. Tell me you are trolling now or I will have zero respect for your intellect.

TL;DR. I did skim though and we can agree on the same thing, it's bolded without the "justly" qualifier you tried to subtly insert.

Back