Future ufc prospect fighting tonight

He's never fought anyone who could test his wrestling or ability to take away the opportunities for wrestling (like Ando/Machida). If he makes it to the UFC and doesn't get locked up in Bellator then we'll see, but sometimes hype just ain't enough.

Every flashy fighter is the next Silva.

What Anderson has accomplished, only a handful of fighters will be able to do. Page is not of them IMO.

He's never fought anyone who could test his wrestling or ability to take away the opportunities for wrestling (like Ando/Machida). If he makes it to the UFC and doesn't get locked up in Bellator then we'll see, but sometimes hype just ain't enough.

Many times I come into a thread and am ready to post, but you've beaten me to the punch, and phrased your response better than I ever could've.

Props for the solid posting.

I'm a MVP fan but i don't think people should be calling him the next Anderson Silva(or Jon Jones). Accomplishments aside, his style is very, very different.

MVP's stand up is amazing!

The fact that he's a WW is mind boggling, he's got serious reach on most of that division.

Not sold on this guy, gonna need to crush more than just a few cans.

MVP reminds me more of Raymond Daniels than Anderson Silva.

Are people counting out Ricky Rainey?

He'll be in his 30's before he ever gets to the UFC. But until he fights a wrestler there is no way to gauge how good he is.

MVP reminds me more of Raymond Daniels than Anderson Silva.

Are people counting out Ricky Rainey?

That is because they used to do the same style of kickboxing before doing MMA/K-1 rules kickboxing.

Daniels has beaten him on multiple occasions though, i think the first time they fought was in 2008.

Well he is certainly very skillful as a striker. No idea how good he really is in an MMA sense but he is flashy and fun to watch.

If and when he gets to the UFC he should be paired with a good wrestler early, to see how he handles it IMO.

He's under contract with Bellator, he is will stuck there or risk having his kneecaps bashed in.

I'm a MVP fan but i don't think people should be calling him the next Anderson Silva(or Jon Jones). Accomplishments aside, his style is very, very different.

That and the fact that hes more injury prone than Pettis.

That is because they used to do the same style of kickboxing before doing MMA/K-1 rules kickboxing.

Daniels has beaten him on multiple occasions though, i think the first time they fought was in 2008.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.

[YT]jVv_SZko90E[/YT]

[YT]ZPQvA2Deq_U[/YT]

[YT]iW1tcyMmmJQ[/YT]

Here is the footage of the matches they had. MVP was only 21 too.

Ohhh Sherdog is not ready to find out he's a point fighter :icon_lol:

Raymond tho >

Watched the first minute of that highlight but then I had to turn it off.
What a d**k.

Back